• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'm dying.

Virtual reality comes to the award-winning WWE Network

WWE are jacking themselves off like crazy about their "virtual reality" Raw PreShow set. It's a greenscreen set with 90's FMV game level CGI set in the background. This is CHIKARA level production from 3 years ago. Fuck, watch the video they're so proud of! The background looks like shit, and that camera move they spend a paragraph jizzing about it the jerkiest, fakest thing I've ever seen.

klonere

Banned
I'm dying.

Virtual reality comes to the award-winning WWE Network

WWE are jacking themselves off like crazy about their "virtual reality" Raw PreShow set. It's a greenscreen set with 90's FMV game level CGI set in the background. This is CHIKARA level production from 3 years ago. Fuck, watch the video they're so proud of! The background looks like shit, and that camera move they spend a paragraph jizzing about it the jerkiest, fakest thing I've ever seen.

wow that looks cheap as hell. Like a college undergrad take on what a sports show set looks like. What sort of person watches the Raw Pre-Show anyway? 4 hours of straight WWE programming on a Monday night dear god.

Corey Graves looking good anyway.

Jamie OD

A lot of people seeing this for the first time either forget or don't know that Vince is screaming into the announce team's ears throughout the show. See how better Cole was at the Japan show without having to worry about Vince telling him what to say.

Noble's destruction at Lesnar's hands is a substitute for the devastation that Daniel Bryan would have experienced if they went ahead with a Lesnar/Bryan feud.

Alucard

Banned
Watching raw and Titus on commentary is amazing, very few wrestler can talk on the mic and rarely do they add anything but man oh man did titus add something , the moment he call out JBL is a classic.

...except JBL is the color guy and not the play by play guy, so it wasn't his job to "call the action." That whole thing came off like amateur hour to me. Felt utterly random.

Gonzalez

Banned
...except JBL is the color guy and not the play by play guy, so it wasn't his job to "call the action." That whole thing came off like amateur hour to me. Felt utterly random.
Your opinion really matters considering that you are a "You", and not a "Superstar".

zychi

Banned
It amazes me how much WWE steals backgrounds, screens, graphics from ESPN and sportscenter. It just makes it look tacky

Ithil

I think the sad thing about the state of commentary in the WWE is that the only conceivable way its improves is if Vince dies and Kevin Dunn is fired.

And even then NXT commentary isn't great so HHH doesn't really have a record to show for it.

Apparently Cole coaches the NXT commentators.

thefro

Ric Flair's podcast with Kevin Sullivan is golden this week. He's pretty close to drunk.

Not through the whole thing yet but a bunch of NSFW stories already and Flair trashing some people like the Honky Tonk Man.

I am getting tired of Seth being played as a coward very week.

I think that he needs to make the transition into a powerful heel but I don't see anyone to do that realistically against Brock.

Heel cowards are fun once in a while but I don't think they should be doing that with Triple H's protege. It makes them both look bad.

I am getting tired of Seth being played as a coward very week.

I think that he needs to make the transition into a powerful heel but I don't see anyone to do that realistically against Brock.

Heel cowards are fun once in a while but I don't think they should be doing that with Triple H's protege. It makes them both look bad.

When's the last time they had a non coward heel. Even Brock ran from time to time.

kiguel182

Sara Lee is too cute and too "girl next door" to be eliminated by voting. I totally get it.

And this time they at least made their last pleas before the voting started not at the end of it! Now it makes sense.

The live portion is still dumb and Paige acting all tough is also annoying as hell but the challenges and the house interactions are still fun so yeah, I like it still.

seriously though, the fact that wwe's big (presumably expensive) new tech advancement was done better on the indies years ago is a testament to their resourcefulness (or something)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Set up the PS2 again and I'm playing WWF SMACKDWON! JUST BRING IT! Memories.

Preparing for your incoming poverty when throwing it inside of a babby. Not a bad idea, but I'd vote to "enjoy it while you can" and play somethin' new.

jmdajr

You wanna talk about the real ratings war?

Tough Enough Ep.1 on Youtube,uploaded by WWE June 26-167,000 Views

Tough Talk Ep.1 on Youtube, uploaded by WWE June 26-209,000 Views

#PushtheMiz

#MizVSLesnar

Miz should host absolutely. Sorry Jericho.

jmdajr

Sara Lee is too cute and too "girl next door" to be eliminated by voting. I totally get it.

And this time they at least made their last pleas before the voting started not at the end of it! Now it makes sense.

The live portion is still dumb and Paige acting all tough is also annoying as hell but the challenges and the house interactions are still fun so yeah, I like it still.

Sara gives me an EmmaStone vibe.

also:

As seen on WWE Tough Enough last night, Dianna chose to leave the show on her own accord, and WWE has announced someone will replace her on the show.

Chelsea Green, who previously appeared on WWE TV, will be replacing Dianna.

Green previously played the part of Daniel Bryan’s physical therapist during Bryan’s story line with The Authority. Stephanie McMahon accused Green and Bryan of having an affair.

Green is a graduate of the Storm Wrestling Academy, headed up by former WWE, WCW and ECW star Lance Storm. Green arrived at the Tough Enough barracks early Wednesday morning.

724e9767928f607feb8263a315a81134_400x400.jpeg

Cagey

Banned
Wife after watching Total Divas: "Natalya and her husband must be pretending they have these bad marriage problems right? It's not real, is it?"

In this moment, I failed to protect The Business.

Heroman

Banned
So what, if had actually been color commenting on the match none of that would have happen but he wasn't, instead he was talking about something that happen 5 min before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wife after watching Total Divas: "Natalya and her husband must be pretending they have these bad marriage problems right? It's not real, is it?"

Whoa, whoa. You can still keep it kayfabe though.

Green previously played the part of Daniel Bryan’s physical therapist during Bryan’s story line with The Authority. Stephanie McMahon accused Green and Bryan of having an affair.

Guaranteed ratings and I'm sure she's a solid performer in the ring and on the mic, based on that amazing segment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guaranteed ratings and I'm sure she's a solid performer in the ring and on the mic, based on that amazing segment.

When that segment was done, I was exhausted and just...done with it
czjfF0O.png

jmdajr

So you're saying Natalya is bad at pretending being a bad wife.

Cagey

Banned
So you're saying Natalya is bad at pretending being a bad wife.

I told her that the WWE is in the shoot business of working people into thinking the work is a shoot, and for the smarter fans, WWE needs to work some work shoots into the works so they get tricked into thinking the work shoot is a shoot when its a work.

But maybe she couldn't figure out if I was working or shooting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I told her that the WWE is in the shoot business of working people into thinking the work is a shoot, and for the smarter fans, WWE needs to work some work shoots into the works so they get tricked into thinking the work shoot is a shoot when its a work.

But maybe she couldn't figure out if I was working or shooting.

Definitely kayfabed her, you're good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta admit, having most of my current MOTY contenders in virtually ALL wrestling organizations is pretty awesome. We're in a golden age where excellent wrestling that scratches my itch can seriously come from anywhere, and I'm not instantly turned off by any organization except ROH, but even then I tough it out because there are good things in there.

"Wrestling Promotion of the Year" is definitely going to be interesting this year. Can LU hang on to the momentum they earned earlier this year?

RP912

Banned
Wrestling is the hottest thing on the streets right now. More variety and content to satisfy every wrestling fan from old to child.

My mother hates Kevin Owens, haha. She thinks he is such the bully. I've tried to get her to like him, from bragging about how nice he is in ring, saying that he is from Quebec (we have a lot of family there) and how he speaks fluent French but it doesn't help. I've also tried to get her to watch NXT but she claims that there's no one there that she cares about.

It turns out yesterday I get a call at work from her that started with "Why didn't you tell me Kevin lost his belt!? And who was that guy he fought? I like him a lot." :lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My mother hates Kevin Owens, haha. She thinks he is such the bully. I've tried to get her to like him, from bragging about how nice he is in ring, saying that he is from Quebec (we have a lot of family there) and how he speaks fluent French but it doesn't help. I've also tried to get her to watch NXT but she claims that there's no one there that she cares about.

It turns out yesterday I get a call at work from her that started with "Why didn't you tell me Kevin lost his belt!? And who was that guy he fought? I like him a lot." :lol

I want to know what the non-ISEC folks think. Ask her what she thinks of his generous physique.

Top Bottom