• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's the UK, we're too stingy to tip.
Maybe I briefly considered it but then noticed one of the dudes tattoo was of a NSMB Luigi render and I thought "sufferin sucotash son!" and decided against it.

You go to a child for a barber? Wow. Wow...explains a lot...

Here in America, if I didn't tip my stylist it'd be perceived as a TERRIBLE slight, a serious "fuck you"

klonere

Banned
Tipping culture in the UK/Ireland is massively different than in the US/Canada

It's something I never really got used to living over in Canada and probably annoyed or disappointed a lot of servicepeople because I'd straight up forget to tip.

I noticed that my Domino's Pizza arrived 10 minutes quicker after I tipped the delivery driver that one time. So I kept tipping him. It was only £1, but he seemed pretty pleased. I guess it goes towards his petrol costs.

Preparing for your incoming poverty when throwing it inside of a babby. Not a bad idea, but I'd vote to "enjoy it while you can" and play somethin' new.

haha pretty much! These old Smackdown games are still pretty fun and don't look as terrible as I thought they would.

Fox318

Its only a matter of time before Vince opens up a chain of barbers shops with all of the employees dressed up as WWE SUPERSTARS™.

Sports Entertainment meets follicle containment and arrangement in Vince's house-o-hair.

Cagey

Banned
Its only a matter of time before Vince opens up a chain of barbers shops with all of the employees dressed up as WWE SUPERSTARS™.

Sports Entertainment meets follicle Containment in Vince's house-o-hair.

Bad business plan. Insurance premiums would be sky high given the reoccurring window damage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to deliver for Papa Johns. They have the most expensive to make pizzas, and their margins are lowest, but it depends on what you like.

The "Pat Special" pizza is off the menu and fucking amazing if you can get it.

You get a thin crust pizza, flip it upside down and paint the bottom with the garlic butter sauce. Once it's painted, fully, you sprinkle a few packets of the "Special Seasoning Blend" on it, so it sticks. Then, flip it over and make the pizza you want to make.

Fucking flavor explosion. Like, it deserves a Guy Fieri quote, it's so good. Consider it, friends. Pat Special.

RP912

Banned
It's always been Dominoes for me since it's the closest thing to a pizza joint in Philly. I always get five cheese or fiery Hawaiian pizza.

Fuck Little Caesars though :/. Horrible pizza.

I prefer it over Papa John and Pizza Hut. The Pizzas are tasty and not greasy, I couldn't ask for more really. It have a bad rep over there?

I'm pretty sure people prefer it over Pizza Hut. I'm not sure if it's because they just have a lot more stores or people genuinely prefer the taste although they did change their pizza recipe for the better maybe 5 years ago.

I can't really speak for Papa John's because I've only had it 2 or 3 times. I can't stand that guy's face though, you'll probably agree if he's used in advertisements abroad.

Cagey

Banned
Barber charges $10, they get a few singles.
Barber charges $15, they get a $20.
Barber charges $20, they get $25.
Barber charges $30, they can fuck off.

jmdajr

I used to deliver for Papa Johns. They have the most expensive to make pizzas, and their margins are lowest, but it depends on what you like.

The "Pat Special" pizza is off the menu and fucking amazing if you can get it.

You get a thin crust pizza, flip it upside down and paint the bottom with the garlic butter sauce. Once it's painted, fully, you sprinkle a few packets of the "Special Seasoning Blend" on it, so it sticks. Then, flip it over and make the pizza you want to make.

Fucking flavor explosion. Like, it deserves a Guy Fieri quote, it's so good. Consider it, friends. Pat Special.

Informative post!

My friend told me about off the menu Chipotle shenanigans.

They can actually make you a giant quesadilla with the giant tortilla wraps. And THEN they use that motherfucker as your burrito wrap.

Perhaps Barrett could become a main event level heel if he adopts the gimmick of not tipping people while in the states because he didn't have to do that in Blighty, just think of the heat this could generate.

RP912

Banned
I usually tip my barber. Yesterday, I gave him the whole twenty and dude gave me the "special". Sharpen up my edges, shaped up my beard, and the works. I felt like a million bucks leaving that place.

I never tip food people unless they deliver, because thanks for the effort.

At a restaurant though?

692c6d38-b66a-4387-8e07-bbe863dd62a3.gif

Barber charges $10, they get a few singles.
Barber charges $15, they get a $20.
Barber charges $20, they get $25.
Barber charges $30, they can fuck off.

We have the same system friend

It's pretty expensive but reliable and acceptable. You can get better pizza if you know the local places and its better than most of the other chains in Ireland (Pizza Hut, Apache etc).
Google tells me Apache is supposedly a fully Irish owned pizza delivery company. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a good thing or not, lol.

It's always been Dominoes for me since it's the closest thing to a pizza joint in Philly. I always get five cheese or fiery Hawaiian pizza.

Fuck Little Caesars though :/. Horrible pizza.
Little Caesar's is comparable to microwave pizza, I'm serious. Not even the higher tier microwave pizza, it's right down there with Ellio's.

RP912

Banned
Google tells me Apache is supposedly a fully Irish owned pizza delivery company. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a good thing or not, lol.

Little Caesar's is comparable to microwave pizza, I'm serious. Not even the higher tier microwave pizza, it's right down there with Ellio's.

Don't even put Ellio's next to that disgrace of a pizza.

dT6zZCB.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you tip poor expect a poor job. If you pay cheaply expect a cheap product. You get what you pay for.

Cagey

Banned
Little Caesar's boxes were everywhere when I worked on 125th in Harlem. Felt bad there wasn't a quality corner spot with proper street slices.

Harlem may be getting a Whole Foods at 125th and Lenox, but will someone think of the pizza desert out there and solve that human rights violation.

This is actually my method of tipping my barber too, wow.

Never got a haircut over $20, though.

I did once and I refuse to do that now. There's a Filipino-run barbershop a few towns over from me that got amazing reviews so I dropped in. I was not pleasantly surprised by the $35 charge for the cut, especially when the guy couldn't get the damn cut right.

jmdajr

As noted, a fan was struck by the car door thrown into the barricade by Brock Lesnar on Raw this past Monday night.

Footage of the incident can be seen at this link, and WWE has issued the following statement:

“WWE immediately responded to the incident during last night’s show. The fan was unharmed and declined any medical attention.”

Gotta admit, having most of my current MOTY contenders in virtually ALL wrestling organizations is pretty awesome. We're in a golden age where excellent wrestling that scratches my itch can seriously come from anywhere, and I'm not instantly turned off by any organization except ROH, but even then I tough it out because there are good things in there.

"Wrestling Promotion of the Year" is definitely going to be interesting this year. Can LU hang on to the momentum they earned earlier this year?

It's really not. If the G1 is shaping up the way it is looking right now, NJPW has this in the bag. All of their major events this year have been just good at worst, and Wrestle Kingdom 9 and Dominion were spectacular.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Delivery Driver past coming through!

It never leaves you, and I still remember where everyone who stiffed me EVER lived. I never forget that, and rest assured your driver is the same way.

Those cheap fucks.

RP912

Banned
I remember hearing people raving about Little Caesars when I was living in Savannah. Dudes walking down the street with Little Caesar boxes, meanwhile Dominoes and the superior Marcos Pizza had tumbleweeds going through the store. It was such a shame.

As noted, a fan was struck by the car door thrown into the barricade by Brock Lesnar on Raw this past Monday night.

Footage of the incident can be seen at this link, and WWE has issued the following statement:

“WWE immediately responded to the incident during last night’s show. The fan was unharmed and declined any medical attention.”

Could he still sue?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's why you tip after the service. I give him 5 extra bucks the fuck else does he want?

He'll be back, you lazy shit!

They always come back. But feel free to stiff a whole city if you're just visiting.

Hex

Banned
The next Cena Owens match has to be laid out differently right? They can't possibly hope to top the finisher spam of the last couple of bouts. Coupled with 30 minute main event from Raw they'll have to do something else??

Basically

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

That is the WWE Age that we are now in.
The "Take the bad parts of indy wrestling and leave the good" Age

klonere

Banned
That is the WWE Age that we are now in.
The "Take the bad parts of indy wrestling and leave the good" Age

who knows maybe we'll see Cena tap to a single leg Boston Crab after a series of forearms followed by a vicious lariatoooooo~

another FULL SUPER BAR AT ALL TIMES match would really suck.

GhaleonQ

I look at the Smackdown spoilers every week and have no idea how that shit stays on the air.

It was pretty rough (I live in Milwaukee), but Cesaro and Harper have a great Main Event match!

(My friend and I got Big Show to freak out for 30 seconds at the crowd from a, "Please retire," chant, but I assume that it will get cut because it was interesting.)

Heroman

Banned
I remember hearing people raving about Little Caesars when I was living in Savannah. Dudes walking down the street with Little Caesar boxes, meanwhile Dominoes and the superior Marcos Pizza had tumbleweeds going through the store. It was such a shame.
people rather pay 5 bucks for shity pizza that pay 10 bucks for better shity pizza that they have to wait for.

It's really not. If the G1 is shaping up the way it is looking right now, NJPW has this in the bag. All of their major events this year have been just good at worst, and Wrestle Kingdom 9 and Dominion were spectacular.

Even people who told me they couldn't get into New Japan said the Okada/AJ finish from days ago was one of the best things they ever saw. This is a golden age for New Japan.

Hex

Banned
who knows maybe we'll see Cena tap to a single leg Boston Crab after a series of forearms followed by a vicious lariatoooooo~

another FULL SUPER BAR AT ALL TIMES match would really suck.

I have always thought, especially recently that they should just randomly mix in surprise pinfalls in matches.
Someone takes a spinning ddt, opponent floats over and 1, 2..3???!!
Kind of reset the whole thing and make people start guessing again.

Top Bottom