• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heel

"Alphabear is the Threes! of 2015" sounds like some kind of gamer newspeak.
Despite that I'll give your game a chance and form a fair unbiased opinion on it, but let me state for the record that I am doing so only as an academic endeavor and not because I am drawn to this media.

Thank you, Perspicacity. Be sure to let us know which bears you unlock.

Ithil

Just trying to see the appeal. I ain't got it in me for 600+ episodes, no chance in heck. I'll also never watch Digimon, it has always been and will continue to be a poor man's Pokemon, complete trash and desperation.

But Pokemon the anime was hot garbage. At least Digimon the anime actually like, had a plot.

One of my friends saw an indy in Norfolk, and one of the people in a tag match legit missed a hot tag because he was too busy gawking at the interesting characters in the audience talk about strange shit and threaten to fight each other

Business status: exposed

Speaking of anime

tumblr_nr85ls7OBr1uar7cvo1_1280.jpg

UberTag

<glances at thread>

I clicked the right link on my subscriptions page, right?

<does a double take>

Oh wait, I see Nakamura and Flair. This is still the wrasslin thread.

Heel

Ric Flair's "WOOOOO! Nation" episode 10 with Kevin Sullivan marks the first that Ric Flair admits he's been drinking.

Highlight's from a slurring Flair:

-The Renegade was a former "dick dancer" who couldn't wrestle worth a shit.
-Honky Tonk left 250k/year on the table, couldn't wrestle worth a shit.
-Johnny B. Badd couldn't wrestle worth a shit.
-Kevin Sullivan put a lit birthday candle in his foreskin for Ric and their wives.

Gonzalez

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;171439828 said:
if it means never bringing up yu yu hakusho again I'd settle for ten hundred pages of DBZ talk in wrasslegaf.
Shut it...

The Dark Tournament was the single greatest televised tournament in history(even though it was pretty obvious who the final two teams would be).

Ultratech

I woke up early on school days to watch Monster Rancher, bean

I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch that.

You know, when they still had Saturday Morning Cartoons.

Digimon was great especially season 3

My thoughts on the different series/seasons I've actually watched:

-01: Pretty good for the most part.
-02: I thought it was cool when I originally watched it as a kid; looking back, it's riddled with all sorts of plotholes and crap. :\
-Tamers: Awesome, if increasingly dark the further it goes. D-Reaper was some pretty creepy stuff.
-Frontier: First half is alright, Second half is super repetitive and annoying.
-Xros Wars: Pretty awesome. Definitely worth a watch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ric Flair's "WOOOOO! Nation" episode 10 with Kevin Sullivan marks the first that Ric Flair admits he's been drinking.

Highlight's from a slurring Flair:

-The Renegade was a former "dick dancer" who couldn't wrestle worth a shit.
-Honky Tonk left 250k/year on the table, couldn't wrestle worth a shit.
-Johnny B. Badd couldn't wrestle worth a shit.
-Kevin Sullivan put a lit birthday candle in his foreskin for Ric and their wives.

Man...I guess I'd better listen

jmdajr

All the analogies you can make with DBZ are endless.

Just throw some DBZ talk in a conversion and you can make sense of almost anything.

"Oh you mean it's like Goku and so and so... yeah, yeah man...I hear ya."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'couldn't wrestle worth a shit' is probably why kevin sullivan tried to push guys who couldn't draw a dime like chris benoit instead of htm

My thoughts on the different series/seasons I've actually watched:

-01: Pretty good for the most part.
-02: I thought it was cool when I originally watched it as a kid; looking back, it's riddled with all sorts of plotholes and crap. :\
-Tamers: Awesome, if increasingly dark the further it goes. D-Reaper was some pretty creepy stuff.
-Frontier: First half is alright, Second half is super repetitive and annoying.
-Xros Wars: Pretty awesome. Definitely worth a watch.
They had 5 seasons of Digimon?!? Wow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Flair's podcast is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Sheeit.

Guys I wanna talk about how awesome the Metal Slug games are.

They're pretty awesome even though it's design philosophy is built around munching quarters. Everything about those games just POP with me aesthetically. Now that's a series I wanna see a revival of. None of that iOS shit too. Damn shame when I saw that, but adapt or fall I guess.

Guys I wanna talk about how awesome the Metal Slug games are.

They're pretty awesome even though it's design philosophy is built around munching quarters. Everything about those games just POP with me aesthetically. Now that's a series I wanna see a revival of. None of that iOS shit too. Damn shame when I saw that, but adapt or fall I guess.

They don't munch quarters though. If you know what's coming you can avoid shots or kill enemies before they fill the screen with shots. Compare that to arcade games that have truly unblockable attacks or mechanics where your special moves drain your own health. Those are the carnies of arcade machines.

This is so much better than kideo-mation talk.

Welp, I just hit the f*cking NES mother load at this Goodwill. Duck Tales, Contra, Punchout and many more, $6 each.

And just as I post this I see some dude eyeballing them.

Edit: I got caught slippin' :-(

Welp, I just hit the f*cking NES mother load at this Goodwill. Duck Tales, Contra, Punchout and many more, $6 each.

And just as I post this I see some dude eyeballing them.

Edit: I got caught slippin' :-(

Mother of god, I wish my Goodwill was as badass as yours. I check every Sunday too so it's not like I tend to miss out on these things.

They don't munch quarters though. If you know what's coming you can avoid shots or kill enemies before they fill the screen with shots. Compare that to arcade games that have truly unblockable attacks or mechanics where your special moves drain your own health. Those are the carnies of arcade machines.

This is so much better than kideo-mation talk.

Oh yeah there's definitely an element of empowerment to those games and it all just looks fantastic. If I wasn't on my phone I'd carpet bomb this thread with sprites and flyers.

Some guy is picking through it right now, I only hope he just takes the ones I already have.

Edit: this cheap ass is trying to haggle at effin Goodwill.

SMDH, doesn't he know from the posters all over the walls that the Goodwill establishment puts food on people's tables? Give em the stink eye, bean.

Mother of god, I wish my Goodwill was as badass as yours. I check every Sunday too so it's not like I tend to miss out on these things.

I found a free piano at mine, but I live miles away from it, can't drive, and my friends don't have a truck large enough to fit it in back

The best and worst discovery I made at a store (aside from the $5 Playstation I saw there on a day I left my wallet at home)

Heel

Shit won't work with my Android phone and my iPad is in my car which is away at the moment. Super disappointed in you right now

It'll be worth the wait, Perspicacity. You're gonna have to trust me on this one. If anything you should be disappointed in your Droid X.

Top Bottom