• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaiterra

Banned
Also, Ryu hate in this thread? Man is nothing sacred?

I get the shoto hate. They're the easiest characters to pick up and play since their moves are easy to understand and pull off. Hopefully SFV streamlining special move inputs across the roster to a degree makes players expand their horizons in that regard.

RP912

Banned
FAVE FIVE LAYLAS

1. Laycool era Layla
2. Queen Layla
3. Milf Diva Layla
4. Extreme Expose
5. Fandango dancer

9 years
tumblr_mbiebetIvo1rt4wx0o1_500.gif

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALOOOONNEEEEEE

1. Milf Layla
2l Queen Layla
3. Fandango Layla
4. Rose Bud Layla
5. True to her accent Layla

I get the shoto hate. They're the easiest characters to pick up and play since their moves are easy to understand and pull off. Hopefully SFV streamlining special move inputs across the roster to a degree makes players expand their horizons in that regard.

Yeah I'm actually terrible at SF so it's either Ken or Sagat. I try Guile once in awhile but I can't connect with his moves :/

Kaladin

I think the Kevin Owens fat comments would raise people's hackles less (not that they wouldn't at all) if it didn't carry an air of ragging on him because he's a smark favorite more than because of what he brings to the table. If it didn't come across as specifically trying to upset people or used to massively downplay all he DOES have going for him. I mean in general I agree with most of the defenses people have made of those comments (he's too short to look intimidating due to his size, it doesn't fit in with his character, which also needs to be more developed than it is so far, etc.) and WAS hoping he'd have gotten in better shape after joining NXT than he has, but the jabs really do carry a certain tone from certain posters that is just annoying as hell, like "He's fat so you're wrong for liking him, loser nerds."

That hamburger gif is hilarious either way though.

Yeah....the tone from some of the people (like that one guy that posts every page and just posts that) and the frequency of it dominating the thread at times is the main issue. There wouldn't be as much of a problem with it if it were just an occasional thing and didn't cross the line from meme to flat out bullying some times.

Kaiterra

Banned
Yeah....the tone from some of the people (like that one guy that posts every page and just posts that)

I figured klonere was making fun of the comments, not Owens.

I guess I could be wrong.

¡HarlequinPanic!;173428023 said:
don't think stryker will work so well in our current era of police brutality :$ he'd need a heel turn

Man that would really garner some reactions.

RP912

Banned
No lie the baton move is a easy spam mechanic if you accidentally pick him in MK3. Dude sucks so fucking hard it's not even funny.

Top five MK characters

1. Noob Saibot
2. Scorpion
3. Smoke
4. Baraka
5. Johnny Cage

Top MK Kharacters

5. Baraka
4. Erron Black
3. Salty Kung Lao
2.D'Vorah
1. Ferra/Torr

What I'm trying to say is that MKX has some of the best character designs in the series

I figured klonere was making fun of the comments, not Owens.

I guess I could be wrong.

Man that would really garner some reactions.

but whose side is he on?!

No lie the baton move is a easy spam mechanic if you accidentally pick him in MK3. Dude sucks so fucking hard it's not even funny.

Top five MK characters

1. Noob Saibot
2. Scorpion
3. Smoke
4. Baraka
5. Johnny Cage

Block that shit then!

1. Kurtis Effing Stryker
2. Johnny Cage
3. Smoke
4. Scorpion
5. Raiden

TNA

Lee/Myers already lost the tag belts back to the Wolves because Earl Hebner KO'd Sonjay Dutt who was trying to stop them from winning

RP912

Banned
Raiden is one of those MK characters that has a good moveset, but no one picks him at all. Dude is like the Raven of MK.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You haven't been banned in a month or so, why don't you do it, captain oh captain.

2735643-tumblr_ndfzyvuujn1qgk7zxo1_400-1426102516.gif

Been waiting for this ever since Freckles made his way back to the thread.
I'd be happy to if I wasn't on mobile. Installing Win10 now... If it's not up by the time I get back on a computer, I'll do that AND the "Superfly Killer" topic

Top five MK characters

1. Noob Saibot
2. Scorpion
3. Smoke
4. Baraka
5. Johnny Cage

1. Scorpion
2. Cyrax
3. Scorpion
4. Cyrax
5. Kung Lao

The only true list.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sub-Zero and Scorpion are the same tier of Shoto scrub human being that play them. Show a little imagination. Acceptable alternatives: Reptile and Ermac in MK1 outfits.

RP912

Banned
Cyrax was so dope in MK3. Dude blew up the fucking world just to put a end to one dude. That's dedication.

Edit...I forgot that was Smoke's fatality, but Cyrax is still dope.

Sub-Zero and Scorpion are the same tier of Shoto scrub human being that play them. Show a little imagination. Acceptable alternatives: Reptile and Ermac in MK1 outfits.
Ermac is almost as despicable as Rain. Let's grow up please.
Cyrax was so dope in MK3. Dude blew up the fucking world just to put a end to one dude. That's dedication.

Edit...I forgot that was Smoke's fatality, but Cyrax is still dope.

Well Cyrax may not have blown up the fucking planet, but the dude happily self destructed himself Predator style.

RP912

Banned

Well Cyrax may not have blown up the fucking planet, but the dude happily self destructed himself Predator style.

That's true. Dude took his time to make sure the coordinates were right to blow himself and the dude up. Dedication man...

Hex

Banned
I think the Kevin Owens fat comments would raise people's hackles less (not that they wouldn't at all) if it didn't carry an air of ragging on him because he's a smark favorite more than because of what he brings to the table. If it didn't come across as specifically trying to upset people or used to massively downplay all he DOES have going for him. I mean in general I agree with most of the defenses people have made of those comments (he's too short to look intimidating due to his size, it doesn't fit in with his character, which also needs to be more developed than it is so far, etc.) and WAS hoping he'd have gotten in better shape after joining NXT than he has, but the jabs really do carry a certain tone from certain posters that is just annoying as hell, like "He's fat so you're wrong for liking him, loser nerds."

That hamburger gif is hilarious either way though.

I think that most like him, and I think that a few started the fat jokes just to get a rise and it was funny.
BUT then I think others have piped in and have no idea of the joke but say it because they want to copy what they see and when it gets a rise they feel justified that they are in on the joke.

Just finished Bryan's book. A good read. Not going to set the world on fire but entertaining nonetheless.

Favorite part:

CLDRS3YVEAAh1wy.jpg

Wow, didn't think Bryan had a mean bone in that frail vegan body of his

If he wasn't such a scrub maybe he would've been good enough to kill and live, instead of some kamikaze nonsense.

And Rain gets a pass for being a not so subtle Prince reference.

Kano and Kabal
Fuck everyone else.

Kano is great, Kabal is too edgy for me.

Just in case you thought this wasn't the stupidest invasion angle yet

Eric Young turns on TNA during a lumberjack match and #JoinsTheForce

Also said match was the 100th of the tapings

Top Bottom