• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
This guy thinks he's cool because he used Birdie.
Hell if anything I think I'm cool because I at least got a chance to play the damn beta while everyone else went completely fucking insane mashing the X button for hours on end.
I challenge you to Virtua Fighter 5.

I'm gonna show you who has the advantage, and who has nothing.

Ok I lied....not Virtua Fighter. Too much skill required.

I am pretty decent with Kunimitsu on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 when I'm not out of practice like I am right now.

Hurry up Tekken 7 and bring us your extra-characters console release.
Tekken Tag 2 = all the murda, bruh. Dat Bryan Fury and Law combo.

For a brief horrible moment, I thought that said "Lana".

Being new, I have no idea who Layla is, so...was she actually any good or just eye-candy?

She had the same Divas syndrome as most did during that mid 2000s period where Lita, Trish, Molly and Victoria had left and it was just eye-candy. But she was one of the few that actually got good as time went on. Her Eve and I think McCool were the main three that were garbo and got good. Layla, other than being ridiculously attractive, is also a huge sweetheart.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...8/hogan_jail_calls_.html#.VblO44AQKrg.twitter

"You and me been sitting on some serious phone, phone dialogue here n---a," Hogan said.
"Yeah, nibb-ah," Nick said.
"N---a, n---a, that means, that means you (are) my best friend," said Hogan.

Nick was serving an eight month sentence for a car crash that left his friend, John Graziano, permanently disabled. In another phone call, Hogan talks about God and re-incarnation.

"You know that God gave you this vibe and this, this, energy that you and I are going to live forever, bro," he said. "I just hope we don't come back as a couple, I don't want to say it, blizz-ack gizz-uys, you know what I'm saying?"

"Brutal," Nick responded after they both laughed.
Hogan also talked to Nick about possibly being transferred from the adult jail to juvenile hall.

“It’s down in St. Pete and it's mixed-race and we get along with everybody, so that's fine," Nick said.

Hulk said, "Your mom went there and said it was mainly blizz, you know what I'm sizz-aying?"

"Mm-hm," Nick said.
Hulk responded, "And that some of the ladies there that, you know, run the school are nice blizz lizz-adies, you know?"

"Mm-hm.... I would go down there, I would make friends with all those kids down there," said Nick. "I guarantee it. Because you know how all the blizz pizz love us."

Hell if anything I think I'm cool because I at least got a chance to play the damn beta while everyone else went completely fucking insane mashing the X button for hours on end.

VuaMiMj.png

I actually played a fair amount of games the 2nd and 3rd days, I'm not gonna complain.

Heroman

Banned
Being the newbie here, I am curious to know who makes each of your top 5 all time favs.

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order:

Curt Hennig
Ric Flair
Bret Hart
Stone Cold
Kurt Angle

I'm also a fan of William Regal buy can't fit him in as I felt he did not fit the culture on-screen.
Fave five
John cena
Van Vader
Bryan
Brock lesnar
Angle

Being the newbie here, I am curious to know who makes each of your top 5 all time favs.

Curt Hennig
Ric Flair
Bret Hart
Stone Cold
Kurt Angle

I'm also a fan of William Regal buy can't fit him in as I felt he did not fit the culture on-screen.
Hard to say and I'd also have to make two lists. Retired/Deceased and active. Even then it'd still be very tough, especially since I've been watching so much old wrestling lately.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Layla retired. Could someone make the OT? Make sure to include the Smooth magazine cover, and a video.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Layla retired. Could someone make the OT? Make sure to include the Smooth magazine cover, and a video.

You haven't been banned in a month or so, why don't you do it, captain oh captain.

2735643-tumblr_ndfzyvuujn1qgk7zxo1_400-1426102516.gif

Been waiting for this ever since Freckles made his way back to the thread.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;173421198 said:
Hey whoa what's this snuka thing?

He very likely killed a woman a long time ago and a group decided to put some pressure on the prosecutor to see it tried.

Curt Hennig
Ric Flair
Bret Hart
Stone Cold
Kurt Angle

Kurt Angle
Christian
Scott Steiner
Randy Orton
Shane O'Mac

¡HarlequinPanic!;173421198 said:
Hey whoa what's this snuka thing?

He likely killed a woman and got away with it because Vince wouldn't testify or something, but it's finally looking like something official will be declared about him having killed her

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tipping tattoo artists has got to be the carniest thing I've heard all day. I mean, I know it happens, but c'mon, how big of a sucker do you have to be? Good artists charge a lot of money already.

My friend just got a contentious divorce and it cost her about half as much as it did for her sleeve, which is fucking amazing. She got the house and the kids, should she tip the lawyer? She got less per hour than the Tattoo artist did and she's got an office plus someone to answer the calls, more overhead than renting a chair.

somedevil

Here is some interesting news on the Wrestling Viewership front including DVR:

Last Weeks raw with the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar Brawl over 500,000 people DVRed the show.

Overall 4.3 million people watched the first hour and then 4.5 million total watched the Brawl. Then like it live 500,000 people bailed when it was done. So there is interest in the feud.

It seems now people a good chunk of people DVR Smackdown and Raw rather then watching it live.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Absolutely. The real total package. The man was inhumanely good looking, had the best punches ever, great promos, a great idea of what would get over, the perfect amount of just slightly exaggerated selling, amazing facial expressions.

RP912

Banned
About to watch the Day 6 of the G1. I noticed some Shibata hatred earlier in this thread. Leave Bata out of the shit storm. Dude is legit, he's fierce, and puts the fear into the hearts of men.

The GOAT

schedule39_1_original.0.jpg

Absolutely. The real total package. The man was inhumanely good looking, had the best punches ever, great promos, a great idea of what would get over, the perfect amount of just slightly exaggerated selling, amazing facial expressions.

Which makes the fact he threw that all away all the more heartbreaking. :/

Kaladin

I wish Scott Hall was coming up today. He was out of his place in WWF at the time and he was never a big player in the NWO despite being an original member.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Curt Hennig
Ric Flair
Bret Hart
Stone Cold
Kurt Angle

Terry Funk
Andre The Giant
Bruiser Brody
Rick Rude
Stone Cold

But that list misses Vader, Dump Matsumoto, La Parka/LA Park, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Scott Norton, Keiji Mutoh, Shinya Hashimoto, Jack Brisco, Nick Bockwinkel, Yoshihiro Takayama, Minoru Suzuki, Bret Hart, Doink, Dynamite Kansai, Bull Nakano, Paul Orndorff, Koji Kanemoto, Yokozuna, and so on.

5 just isn't enough

So CHIKARA's web show is on, and they asked fans what their favorite thing about CHIKARA was.
My favorite thing about CHIKARA was leaving.

Kaiterra

Banned
I think the Kevin Owens fat comments would raise people's hackles less (not that they wouldn't at all) if it didn't carry an air of ragging on him because he's a smark favorite more than because of what he brings to the table. If it didn't come across as specifically trying to upset people or used to massively downplay all he DOES have going for him. I mean in general I agree with most of the defenses people have made of those comments (he's too short to look intimidating due to his size, it doesn't fit in with his character, which also needs to be more developed than it is so far, etc.) and WAS hoping he'd have gotten in better shape after joining NXT than he has, but the jabs really do carry a certain tone from certain posters that is just annoying as hell, like "He's fat so you're wrong for liking him, loser nerds."

That hamburger gif is hilarious either way though.

FAVE FIVE LAYLAS

1. Laycool era Layla
2. Queen Layla
3. Milf Diva Layla
4. Extreme Expose
5. Fandango dancer

9 years
tumblr_mbiebetIvo1rt4wx0o1_500.gif

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALOOOONNEEEEEE

Top Bottom