• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

These DBZ posts...

This place used to be cool, but certain people have made it not cool.

Lots of people think WrassleGAF is a singular entity, or will accuse us of of "group think" but we're really just a community of like-minded individuals who happen to take in info from similar sources.

Heel

Nothing wrong with DBZ.

e8qNFsR.png

Iceman829

Just a few bullet points from watching Tough Talk during lunch.

• I wish Mada didn't get canned. Even though his character was from the 80s he brought a good work ethic and intensity.
  • ZZ needs to go. He was funny at first, but now I'm done with him. He needs to either take this seriously or go home next week.
  • I can't stand listening to Paige get into a shouting match with every contestant.
  • They need to control the amount of mics and who gets them. It turns into a clusterfuck too often.
  • Tanner has no game and no personality.
  • Credit to Josh for dropping all that weight. Maybe he can give Owens some tips.
  • They should've had one of the coaches judge and left The Miz on Tough Talk.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great writeup at legitshook.com in the "Before they were NXT Stars" series.

http://www.legitshook.com/strobogos.../7/22/before-they-were-nxt-superstars-vol-two

At the link:
Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles from 2014
Solomon Crowe vs Dean Ambrose circa 2010
Neville vs Prince Puma in 2011
Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan in 2008
Finn Balor vs Kazuchika Okada in 2013
Kota Ibushi vs Sami Zayn in 2012

More jiffs at the link, but here's some:

Much more at the link, it's a good read.

Love Naito's new finisher, Destino;

4zFDskv.gif

Wonder why he didn't do the extra rotation when he hit it against Tanahashi. Incidentally, fuck DBZ. Worst animu, you might as well be talking about Naruto or some shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Love Naito's new finisher, Destino;

4zFDskv.gif

Wonder why he didn't do the extra rotation when he hit it against Tanahashi. Incidentally, fuck DBZ. Worst animu, you might as well be talking about Naruto or some shit.

I didn't catch the name when he did it. I like it too. Just don't watch it too closely.

The only true annie may people should watch would be a split with Berserk or Hokuto no Ken. Get back to me when you all put on some muscle and watch an annie may that can FLEX and KILL.

Fred durst big fan of Strong Style

Fred Durst on Chicago radio on why LB turned down WWE's offer:
"I got kicked out of one of their events last year I think it was, maybe the year before that, all for throwing up a fucking birdie at the camera. I just find the whole corp aspect of it to be fuckin pussiefied these days; it's obvious why they sank so low in popularity compared to the late 90's and early 00's. They wanted us to do WM32 next year but fuck that. We want to do NJPW. We'd love to head over to Japan. We're still wrestling fans. Not WWE fans."

I didn't catch the name when he did it. I like it too. Just don't watch it too closely.

The only true annie may people should watch would be a split with Berserk or Hokuto no Ken. Get back to me when you all put on some muscle and watch an annie may that can FLEX and KILL.

I love Berserk. I'm working on a Serpico cosplay, actually.

imBask

Banned
the NHL thread is mad at me, I need to calm down a bit

let's talk about Owens weight or about how Paige and Charlotte suck

Man God

Non-Canon Member

DBZ gets up there with striation and mass, though it does have an arc where all of the main characters figure out that too much mass kills their cardio.

It's got nothing on the juice monkeys in Fist of the North Star though. Ken and his friends are genetic freaks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the NHL thread is mad at me, I need to calm down a bit

let's talk about Owens weight or about how Paige and Charlotte suck

Just watch Tough Talk from last night. You'll never want to see Paige ever again. Ever.

It ain't anime until young people have to be sacrificed for the good of all.

Space Runaway Ideon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Or at least watch the anime that honors Giant Gonzalez:

Grappler Baki

Menome

All that talk of fudging ratings in an OT 2. You want to guarantee them August high-flying ratings? To prepare for the biggest show of the year - I got three words for ya:

GAF
LOTTERY

Youhadmycuriosity.gif

Do you think they push the

"If you don't want to headline Wrestlemania..why are you here?"

too much?

Did Doink want to headline Wrestlemania?

"Guys I just need a fucking job. I will be the best mid card worker you ever had. Trust me. You don't even have to pay me that much."

Bring back Doink.

But make it scary. Have Undertaker feud with someone in the ring, who brings in another wrestler to gang up on him.

Undertaker goes: "I've got friends too"

Lights go out. Lightning flashes. In shambles in a corpse of a clown, makeup half-smeared across his face. Literally bringing Doink back from the dead as an undead monster.

Kusagari

Yeah, I remember Square used to have all their stuff sponsored on the show.

Hearing JR and King promote it was always funny.

jmdajr

*Things I learn today*

People actually think the old Resident Evil games were scary

There were Scary for their time. TVs were a lot smaller so the graphics don't look as bad as they do now.

But one thing with the dawn of PlayStation was the sound. It was so much better than ever before and did add to many scary moments. On my sound system it did anyway. Underrated advancement in gaming.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
*Things I learn today*

People actually think the old Resident Evil games were scary

Let's see.

RE 1: Pretty scary in parts. Helps to be first.
RE 2: Very few scary bits. Some good chills and jump scares though.
RE 3: Better than 2. Nemesis does pop up from time to time in unexpected fashion.
CV: Not scary at all.
Remake: SCARY AS FUCK. Crimson Heads? Some of the shit they changed from 1 to fuck with people who know that one? Lisa?
Zero: Not scary.
RE 4: Despite what people say about it being an action thriller, that you're too well armed, blah blah blah, RE 4 actually has some truly frightening moments in it. First encounter with chainsaw guy in the town. Right Hand. The first encounter with the Regenerator. I'd actually put it up there with RE 1 and Remake.
RE 5: Co-op ruins the sense of being alone.

Top Bottom