• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Sephzilla

It would be amazing if AVGN did reviews for shitty wrestling games. I just want him to rip into WWF Warzone for the simple fact you got to do the Konami code just for a fucking body slam.

Seriously, fuck Warzone and Attitude. I think AVGN would have fun ripping those apart.

Getting older and having a family probably contributed to that

That too. I'm still kind of stunned at how much I've even chilled in the last few years

I didn't think it was possible, but you may have just touched on something worse than Full Sail.

I was not aware that an underground AVGN vs IG war exists in youtube.

Well, IrateGamer is not a gamer, in fact he uses a game genie for most of his reviews and doesn't know what he's talking about. He's in it just for the money, and pretty much just reads off the wikipedia article for each game. He ripped off the AVGN and is not a funny or creative person at all whatsoever. All he does is rip off AVGN's videos, using the same lines and games. He has made so many mistakes in the past saying that Super Mario World is on NES and how Super Mario Bros. 2 is a predecessor to Super Mario Bros. 1. This guy is a sad piece of shit and has no right to be on Youtube.

Alright you nerds, which one of you is posting pervy women's wrestling gifs on the Imgur gallery

AwYjqfq.gif

It ain't midnight yet ya bastards

It's probably FallingEdge

Aiii

So not worth it
So I just came back from an Ariana Grande concert. Wrestling is officially not the most shameful thing I do anymore.

Honestly though, it was pretty good. Girl can sing and put on a show.

So I just came back from an Ariana Grande concert. Wrestling is officially not the most shameful thing I do anymore.

Honestly though, it was pretty good. Girl can sing and put on a show.

Never really saw the appeal, tbh. I'm assuming the live show has lots of lights and shit though, so that'd be cool. Concerts should be an experience of madness!

klonere

Banned
Didn't know AVGN was hitting over a million views on his vids. Easily making between 3-4 grand per month or more.

He's got a kid so happy that he can support a family off what he's doing.

I fell of the AVGN thing ages ago though but it was good stuff when I was into it. Appreciated that he went into the history of the games/series/consoles he raged at instead of being a frothing mess.

Alucard

Banned
She flew on a cloud and a chandelier, there were fireworks, it was a show.

Are you a Brony too, Aiii? ARE YOU? We need to know.

...but seriously, I've been to concerts with my wife to see artists I don't care about, but still enjoyed the shows because of the spectacle involved.

Getting back to my first question, I really don't get how grown adult men can legit enjoy My Little Pony. I've watched a couple of episodes with my daughter, and they're not all that interesting. To think that childless adults enjoy this stuff is just strange to me.

RP912

Banned
They sold cat ears with synced lighting. Shit changed color and flashed on the beat. And they had a tap dancing dude.

That sounds dope. I want to go to a concert :(.

I almost went to one when I was living in Philadelphia, but it never happened.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are you a Brony too, Aiii? ARE YOU? We need to know.

...but seriously, I've been to concerts with my wife to see artists I don't care about, but still enjoyed the shows because of the spectacle involved.
This was a drunk idea, some guy in our group went "lets go to Antwerp and see Ariana Grande and spend the weekend there"

To be honest, as far as drunk ideas go, this one was pretty good.

That sounds dope. I want to go to a concert :(.

I almost went to one when I was living in Philadelphia, but it never happened.

Did you ever go to any at all, or just no big ones? Philly has awesome concert venues! The Trocadero, Union Transfer, TLA, Electric Factory, North Star Bar, etc etc

Alucard

Banned
He's got a kid so happy that he can support a family off what he's doing.

I fell of the AVGN thing ages ago though but it was good stuff when I was into it. Appreciated that he went into the history of the games/series/consoles he raged at instead of being a frothing mess.

Yeah, it's why I didn't outright hate Angry Joe when I watched his vids 3-4 years ago. He was able to toss in moments of insight and intelligence amidst the blind rage. I honestly haven't watched any of these VG video series with any regularity, though. Good on the guys who are able to make a living off it. I'm on youtube too and make a decent extra chunk of change at the end of each month thanks to it. Would love to hit AVGN numbers. Just have to find something a lot of people are into and produce it well.

RP912

Banned
Did you ever go to any at all, or just no big ones? Philly has awesome concert venues! The Trocadero, Union Transfer, TLA, Electric Factory, North Star Bar, etc etc

Unfortunately, I never went to a concert. I seen street performances and a choir at Downtown, but never a full concert.

One time Jill Scott was performing at Tower Records (before FYE), and was pissed because I had to go to work. My friend went to sent it and got her autograph :/.

i aint got time for that you damn nerd

it is a glorious thing, friend

In between supersets you're just using GifCam and breathing heavily aren't you

AREN'T YA :p

Also, did anyone watch that WWE List show? I swear I saw Rosa Mendes take a tope con hilo bump to the damn floor with nobody catching her

Alucard

Banned
Unfortunately, I never went to a concert. I seen street performances and a choir at Downtown, but never a full concert.

One time Jill Scott was performing at Tower Records (before FYE), and was pissed because I had to go to work. My friend went to sent it and got her autograph :/.

Never been to a concert? You...I...come on, man. LIVE.

Angry Joe is the wrestling fan of video game personalities.
Or the video game equivalent of the Nostalgia Critic.

Eh, Nostalgia Critic isn't that bad. His site is pretty shit, overall, but some of his early videos were pretty funny. He's like the Jay Leno of the internet review game - safe and bland, but not offensively bad.

The people that last in the "this sucks" game are the people that have a genuine passion for bad movies. How Did This Get Made is decently funny because they do their best to enjoy the insanity and illogic of what they watch and use their improv skills to spin it into funny directions. Red Letter Media is funny because they come at it from a production angle, so they're able to comment on the strings while keeping the bigger picture in mind and not coming across like they think they're above it all. The Cinema Snob isn't my thing, anymore, but you can tell he has a genuine love of schlock, especially since it's what he, himself, makes in his spare time.

Edit: I've been to small shows and the symphony, but never a big, popular music act, save when Weird Al played for free at Summerfest my senior year of high school. I honestly don't really care for concerts, especially given just HOW expensive they are if the person is even a little notable.

RP912

Banned
Some folks in here can't stand Full Sail, but fail to see the real enemy and that's hardcore TNA fans. These dudes are so out of touch with reality, it's not even funny. It's rather sad to be honest.

If Dixie were to bring in a hologram Wahoo McDaniel and put the strap on him, the fanbase would be praising dixie and shitting on Vince because Cena doesn't require a power outlet.

Pathetic fanbase :(. If there's TNA fans in here, my condolences.

Kaladin

Some folks in here can't stand Full Sail, but fail to see the real enemy and that's hardcore TNA fans. These dudes are so out of touch with reality, it's not even funny. It's rather sad to be honest.

If Dixie were to bring in a hologram Wahoo McDaniel and put the strap on him, the fanbase would be praising dixie and shitting on Vince because Cena doesn't require a power outlet.

I don't know if you know this or not, but a lot of the crowd that goes to the Full Sail tapings is the same crowd that went to the TNA Impact Zone tapings.

Both were in Orlando.

No pop at all for the T-Rex :(

Barrage

TNA Fans aren't a threat to anyone. Blindly buying whatever's put in front of them hurts noone but themselves.

Full Sail can actively damage and derail wrestler's DEVELOPMENT. The Eva Marie shit was disgusting, she's in developmental to get better.

Kaladin

TNA Fans aren't a threat to anyone. Blindly buying whatever's put in front of them hurts noone but themselves.

Full Sail can actively damage and derail wrestler's DEVELOPMENT. The Eva Marie shit was disgusting, she's in developmental to get better.

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but I think Eva Marie got the reaction they hoped for out of the Full Sail crowd, because they're pushing the gimmick of her winning them over and it being impossible to do.

TNA fans arnt buying or going to,shows. They just bitch

RP912

Banned
I don't know if you know this or not, but a lot of the crowd that goes to the Full Sail tapings is the same crowd that went to the TNA Impact Zone tapings.

Both were in Orlando.

No pop at all for the T-Rex :(

I didn't even know they were still fliming in Orlando. I thought they were still in New York. Hell I can't even tell where they are anymore since the show feels like one big PS1 game.

Full Sail not that bad. They are just annoying at times. They are the example of a smark card at a NBC taping :/.

TNA fans arnt buying or going to,shows. They just bitch

Sounds like wrestling fans in general :/.

Top Bottom