• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Friend,
http://31.media.tumblr.com/dc77a66054703247346e27bb4d3c205b/tumblr_n7yp5m1ZlR1spoqhxo1_500.gif[IMG]
You don't even know low poly nostalgia[/QUOTE]
This could be yours:

[img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/48281b5aef86b8aaec0183aceb49f68f/tumblr_nbain01YwS1qjztgpo1_400.gif

zychi

Banned
v1zAgx.gif
Why are you posting gifs of sega saturn games?

So Hogan is apaprently sueing the shit site Gawker for releasing parts of his sex tape. Which means Hogan may bankrupt that terrible media company.

WHATCYAGONNADOBROTHA?!

jmdajr

Why are you posting gifs of sega saturn games?

So Hogan is apaprently sueing the shit site Gawker for releasing parts of his sex tape. Which means Hogan may bankrupt that terrible media company.

WHATCYAGONNADOBROTHA?!

Like back then? Or they did it again?

Hey the ex-wife needs the money brother.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Please support my pixel art retro puzzle platformer with chiptunes soundtrack that will emotionally resonate with you. The hook is that
there is no combat

Please support my pixel art retro puzzle platformer with chiptunes soundtrack that will emotionally resonate with you. The hook is that
there is no combat
G*d I f-ing hate chiptunes. Cliche-a** videogame podcasts with chiptune opening theme songs... can't press the skip-forward-30-seconds button fast enough. That and "what'chu been playing" segments. How f-ing lazy are you? You can't plan your show's segments ahead of time so that maybe your 3 hour long rambling snooze fest of a show can be 45 minutes of actual enjoyable content? Also, "what'chu", man I hate that. I know some people hate "dat" in place of "that" but "what'chu" drives me up the f-ing wall.

Heel

G*d I f-ing hate chiptunes. Cliche-a** videogame podcasts with chiptune opening theme songs... can't press the skip-forward-30-seconds button fast enough. That and "what'chu been playing" segments. How f-ing lazy are you? You can't plan your show's segments ahead of time so that maybe your 3 hour long rambling snooze fest of a show can be 45 minutes of actual enjoyable content? Also, "what'chu", man I hate that. I know some people hate "dat" in place of "that" but "what'chu" drives me up the f-ing wall.

I'm with you, bean-kun. The kideo podcast scene sorely misses Ryan Davis. That man knew how to keep a segment moving.

While they do fall into some of these same trappings, I'd say The Giant Beastcast is a welcomed reboot on a familiar formula.

RcmA8.png

RP912

Banned
I haven't listened to the Bombcast since Ryan passed :(. Dude was like the Earl Hebner of the crew.

When Jeff bitches about a game on a demonic level, Ryan would say something like "space", and it would bring the show back to normal.

Alucard

Banned

You don't even like a single episode of Retronauts? :( Their chiptune opening is great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ruHIt9_MDkc

jmdajr

I haven't listened to the Bombcast since Ryan passed :(. Dude was like the Earl Hebner of the crew.

When Jeff bitches about a game on a demonic level, Ryan would say something like "space", and it would bring the show back to normal.

It's E3 season so probbaly a good time to catch up.

The Giant Beastcast would be more your thing then. So far only 3 episodes, but it's basically just Vinny, Alex, and 2 other people (Jeff has a 5 or 10 minute guest appearance on one ep but that's it, it's via Skype and like I said it's short so you can skip it and miss essentially nothing)

I wonder how the Sonic The Hedgehog fan community would respond to a Kickstarter campaign by Yuji Naka to make a Sonic style game in 2.5D with the Unreal engine? Does their loyalty lie with the character himself or the creator? It could drive a schism right through Professor Beef's people.
Sonic games already drive a schism through us, I just want a gosh darn good momentum focused platformer.
bean go fund me one like you funded Bloodstained.

Heroman

Banned

Go and listen to the latest episode, the new guy Dan is something everyone have to listen to once.

I'm with you, bean-kun. The kideo podcast scene sorely misses Ryan Davis. That man knew how to keep a segment moving.

While they do fall into some of these same trappings, I'd say The Giant Beastcast is a welcomed reboot on a familiar formula.

RcmA8.png
I tried the beastcast, I'm not feeling Alex Navarro and the new guy Austin Walker. That show needs to have its Austin 3:16 moment soon because I'm ready to drop it.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I need someone, it just has to be one guy, to copy the Jim Rome show formula and apply it to videogames. Just have an f-ing take on videogame news. I tuned in and heard his take on game 4 of the NBA finals and LeBron splitting his dome on a courtside video camera. I should be able to hear someone's knowledgeable and funny take on Bloodstained or YouTube Games TONIGHT. And take some f-ing broadcasting classes at a junior college or something. Enough with the "err, umm, uhhh, like, uh, like..." crap. Where do I have to go to find this? Some YouTube vlogger? Do I need to subscribe to f-ing Angry Joe?
You don't even like a single episode of Retronauts? :( Their chiptune opening is great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ruHIt9_MDkc
The retro game format does not work in an audio-only medium. It just doesn't. Maybe back in '05,'06 when online video wasn't as accessible but now there's no excuse. There's nothing worse than listening to an episode on Retronauts about a game or system you have no clue about. Compare that to say, Game Sack, and it's no contest. Plus Parrish always tries to stick to a chronological order as far as game releases go and it NEVER works. His guests are always all over the place and he loses control.

Got the most realistic timeline in my Universe mode: At Wrestlemania, RVD ended Undertaker's streak, Fit Finlay beat The Rock for the Undisputed title, and Luke Harper destroyed Bork at WM two years in a row and currently holds the IC title and WWE title on Smackdown.

Heel

I can't believe I'm saying this but I need someone, it just has to be one guy, to copy the Jim Rome show formula and apply it to videogames. Just have an f-ing take on videogame news. I tuned in and heard his take on game 4 of the NBA finals and LeBron splitting his dome on a courtside video camera. I should be able to hear someone's knowledgeable and funny take on Bloodstained or YouTube Games TONIGHT. And take some f-ing broadcasting classes at a junior college or something. Enough with the "err, umm, uhhh, like, uh, like..." crap. Where do I have to go to find this? Some YouTube vlogger?

Colin Cowherd on ESPN1 Radio doing some light poking at Hereos of the Dorm proved there's a market for "hot takes" in the kideo world.

Do I need to subscribe to f-ing Angry Joe?

giphy.gif

Alucard

Banned
Guys, Stand By Me is such a sad fucking movie. Sure, it's a total bromance where women don't exist, but damn...so bittersweet by the end and makes you nostalgic as fuck for your own youth and the people you grew up with.

RP912

Banned

King Troof would have wore the crown highly besides dull Barrett.

The Giant Beastcast would be more your thing then. So far only 3 episodes, but it's basically just Vinny, Alex, and 2 other people (Jeff has a 5 or 10 minute guest appearance on one ep but that's it, it's via Skype and like I said it's short so you can skip it and miss essentially nothing)

Go and listen to the latest episode, the new guy Dan is something everyone have to listen to once.

I'm going to check it out, I heard it was good since the new dude is in it. I like Jeff, but dude comes off as the Ole Anderson of gaming.

It's been known for awhile. It's why TNA went back to six sides.

Hmm...we'll see how GFW goes with that spectacular lineup so far :/.

RP912

Banned
I give Angry Joe props though...at least he loves RTS games and goes into detail about them. Other than that, I'm really over the "HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS ASS! I'M MAD AS HELL FUCK YOU" gimmick.

Sephzilla

Other than that, I'm really over the "HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS ASS! I'M MAD AS HELL FUCK YOU" gimmick.

It's because nobody else aced the gimmick as well as the original

latest

Angry Joe absolutely sucks compared to this guy
and I don't even mind Angry Joe

What game is this?

The Mega Man PSP games were aces by the way. I'll be surprised if MN9 meets those standards.
That's cult classic obscure Dreamcast title, Blue Stinger. Stock up on copies now while they're cheap because once Data West is finished spreading the good news and cementing his place as a retro game taste maker, those prices are going through the roof if you can even find any on sale at all.

Looks like Blue Stinger on the Dreamcast.

That's cult classic obscure Dreamcast title, Blue Stinger. Stock up on copies now while they're cheap because once Data West is finished spreading the good news and cementing his place as a retro game taste maker, those prices are going through the roof if you can even find any on sale at all.
Ah, it actually looks good, no lie... I love how clean and non-jaggy most Dreamcast games look.

RP912

Banned
It's because nobody else aced the gimmick as well as the original

latest

Angry Joe absolutely sucks compared to this guy
and I don't even mind Angry Joe

Even to this day, reviewers trying to sit on the throne but fail to wear the crown of AVGN. I remember when AVGN was highly popular and a whole lot of game reviewers tried to take his gimmick. This guy for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iiAapiwZbI

He calmed it down with his videos recently...but still :/

Sephzilla

Even to this day, reviewers trying to sit on the throne but fail to wear the crown of AVGN. I remember when AVGN was highly popular and a whole lot of game reviewers tried to take his gimmick. This guy for example:

Even AVGN has calmed down a bit in his more recent stuff, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that he's burnt through most of the shitty old games that have enough material to make a video out of

RP912

Banned
Even AVGN has calmed down a bit in his more recent stuff, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that he's burnt through most of the shitty old games that have enough material to make a video out of

Yeah I noticed that...His material is still good though. His Silver Surfer review is probably the funniest video he has ever done.

I have the GAF youtube plugin for chrome so I just instantly thought you posted AVGN's SIlver Surfer video so I skipped to the middle to watch some of it...

What the hell is this shit?!?

Sephzilla

How much money per month do you think someone like AVGN makes off his vids?

He seemingly has enough to be a collector of vintage things like old video games and movies on various outdated media (his basement looks like an old 90s rental store basically), while also being able to raise a child and support a family. So i imagine he's raking in some decent green.

RP912

Banned
It would be amazing if AVGN did reviews for shitty wrestling games. I just want him to rip into WWF Warzone for the simple fact you got to do the Konami code just for a fucking body slam.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lazy Game Reviewer is the best video youtuber guy just because his retro videos aren't, 'Here's Metroid! remember Metroid?!' or other such treasured gems. 'Oh my god, I'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent! So spooky!' 'Does anyone remember Yoshi's Island or is it just me?!'

RP912

Banned
Lazy Game Reviewer is the best video youtuber guy just because his retro videos aren't, 'Here's Metroid! remember Metroid?!' or other such treasured gems. 'Oh my god, I'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent! So spooky!'

Dude...I want to meet that guy. I love his videos. It's a shame the thrift stores were I'm at are shitty compared to the ones he visits.

Top Bottom