• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Heroman

Banned
Wrestling. Was so awesome

CHWlAmzVAAIC5o7.png
No wonder Cody is so deep in the stardust character.

DMczaf

Actually, I'm curious. Why was he so over like that at Survivor Series? Was it because they were excited to see him as champion? Were people getting tired of Shawn around that time?

Probably 70% because of being tired of Shawn, and 30% because Sid's character had finally been realized.

Late 96-Early 97 Sid was the best of Sid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Actually, I'm curious. Why was he so over like that at Survivor Series? Was it because they were excited to see him as champion? Were people getting tired of Shawn around that time?

Sid was just popular because he was THE LOOK defined. His promos sucked, his wrestling sucked, but he looked like every kid imagined themselves as a wrestler and that got over quickly.

RP912

Banned
Sid was the closest thing to what fans wanted during the transition from New Generation to Attitude era besides Austin. He didn't give a fuck, he was sweaty, and kicked ass, compared to HBK who was lame at the time :/.

klonere

Banned
Probably 70% because of being tired of Shawn, and 30% because Sid's character had finally been realized.

Late 96-Early 97 Sid was the best of Sid.

Sid was just popular because he was THE LOOK defined. His promos sucked, his wrestling sucked, but he looked like every kid imagined themselves as a wrestler and that got over quickly.

Sid was the closest thing to what fans wanted during the transition from New Generation to Attitude era besides Austin. He didn't give a fuck, he was sweaty, and kicked ass, compared to HBK who was lame at the time :/.

If Sid coulda deiivered anything but a lovably bad promo, he might have positioned himself as an Austin esque no bullshit, asskicking face. Alas it was not to be.

Cody is legit and underrated.

I still don't get what Cody doesn't have, other than trash booking, that Balor does.

alstein

I still don't get what Cody doesn't have, other than trash booking, that Balor does.

Balor's a better athlete. Cody's a good solid wrestler who would have been much bigger in an earlier era when athleticism meant less.

Who's the thick momma on the left?

Sid never wanted to be a main event face evidently. He had the opportunity to do so when Hogan was on hiatus and could have been a big one in the mid 90's too.

I think that's Amber O'Neal. She's a good wrestler as well, though unsure if she still does it.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Balor's a better athlete. Cody's a good solid wrestler who would have been much bigger in an earlier era when athleticism meant less.
I disagree. I think Cody is athletic enough and still can be a bigger star. Cody's problem was and always has been that he debuted in 2007.

Ultratech

You are our Zack Ryder then.

Sweet. I'll get us on the Interwebs then ya'll can job me out to whoever.

(Or I could just be JTG and somehow draw a paycheck while people forget I exist except for a website.)

http://i.imgur.com/g95PMo5.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mmm...speaking of Layla, what's she been up to?

(I poked around on her Twittah Machine...there's a lot of stuff.)

Apparently, Rosa's been around a lot longer than I remembered...
[QUOTE=Diva Search 2006][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFEMJmsVIAANEqq.jpg

TOD, motherfuckers! ARRRRRREEEEE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!!?

C-Z-W!
C! Z! W!

C! Z! W!

The blood...
The pride...
Survive...
You're forsaken, your bones are breakin'...
yeahhhh...

Like the nights and like the tribes, that come to battle on this night:
The ring's the field, the field of war, it's where we lay the law...

LAYIN' THE LAW, ONCE AGAIN, PREPARE FOR WAR...
CZW!
AN EYE FOR AN EYE, TO LIVE AND TO DIE, YOU'VE BEEN DENIED...
CZW!

Anywho, here's some results;

"Doors haven't opened yet...But RF is hustling, walking up & down the line selling DVD'S"

"Easily over 500 people here today!!"

"
Jake Crist defeated Ron Mathis with a moonsault to advance
"

"This place is packed with people!!! Including people sitting on the roof of a bus!!"

"
Matt Tremont defeated Josh Crane to advance. Josh did well and got a nice "please come back" chant
"

"
Dany Havoc advances defeating Rickey Shane Page. Best match so far. RSP was over really big. Actually almost split crowd
"

"Nick Gage gets the biggest first round pop! NO SURPRISE THERE!!!"

Please tell me that tonight, there will be czw TOD coverage on here???

You betcha, see above for some updates from twitter.

Top Bottom