• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Fox318

I'm still shocked that they made MITB free and kinda undercut it with the Elimination chamber and 2 week build.

I mean its a show with a stip thats protected and is supposed to mean something.

Although since its removal from Wrestlemania its been more Vince check-listed dudes than undercard guys getting the push that could make them.

I mean look at the guys in that match

• Dolph Ziggler
    • Won MITB already and already had a huge cash in moment. WWE champ is the next step for him but seeing that Vince has the belt as a key part to the Authoirty/McMahon family drama
  • Sheamus
    • Former WWE champ who's failure to go over as a babydace backfired so badly people rooted for a guy who got beat in 18 seconds. New gimmick is the only thing going for him.
  • Kofi Kingston
    • If a new day member had to be here I'd rather it be Big E but if Kofi comes out with the case I'd be happy but he's had his pushes and he hasn't been able to navigate them. But the threat of every Raw being a new day could be fun if they keep the Tag belts.
  • Neville
    • He's there for the ladder spots(even though they just gave one away on smackdown) but the case could be cool for him.
  • Roman Reigns
    • This show and company has been built around pushing this man for over 2 years now. He will get the strap at Summerslam and people will boo him like they do Cena for the rest of his career while WWE is stuck with 50/50 crowds for as long as Vince is alive.
  • Randy Orton
    • Former MITB winner, Vince Chosen guy, WWE champ. When he has somebody good in the ring with him he can be great but ehh
  • Kane
    • yM8fz0Um.png

Fox318

Nice form on his shooter too. Might want to make that his go-to submission

He usually does a half boston crab but you're right on the form.

pJXrIQRl.jpg

8sUmkwY.jpg

MKbaizMl.jpg

It really is about how long can you hold a squatting position for and how low or angled back can you get.

Alucard

Banned
Hey dudes, were any of you ever bullies or were you ever bullied at any point in your life? Just a random community question, as I sent an apology message to a guy I bullied when I was in my early teens. Me and a couple of other immature guys would call this guy "Cool guy" sarcastically, and even locked him in a bathroom stall and tossed wet toilet paper at him while he cried and did nothing. Shameful stuff that I feel terrible about, as no one deserves that kind of treatment.

Hey dudes, were any of you ever bullies or were you ever bullied at any point in your life? Just a random community question, as I sent an apology message to a guy I bullied when I was in my early teens. Me and a couple of other immature guys would call this guy "Cool guy" sarcastically, and even locked him in a bathroom stall and tossed wet toilet paper at him while he cried and did nothing. Shameful stuff that I feel terrible about, as no one deserves that kind of treatment.

Can't believe you never put him over, smh

RP912

Banned
Most of the bullies that bullied me are probably married, in jail, dead, etc to care about a 7 year old me.

However, I remember one time these dudes tried to bullied me because of my stuttering problem in middle school. I got in front of the class and confronted them during my presentation. One dude laughed and I was like "WHY YOU LAUGHING?!!" The dude stopped and I earned some respect from that day on.

Felt good about myself.

If they announce Cesaro or replace Orton and some of the others that already won MITB or the title I might be excited.

Right now its the ROMAN REIGNS THE GUY WHO ISN'T NEARLY AS OVER AS THE GUY WE HAD LOSE TO A GHOST AND TV MONITOR SHOW.

Your anti-Roman fixation is very odd. Just watch that sweet Reigns-Barrett match from the night after Elimination Chamber and tell me the guy hasn't improved a fair bit since his big flub at the Royal Rumble. He's not "there" yet, but you don't even seem prepared to give him a chance to improve.

Edit: i got bullied something awful. Every class has a kid that it's basically "okay" to dump on, and I was that kid. I was overweight, had a head that was too big for my body and which I couldn't quite figure out how to hold up straight, and would sing to myself as I walked through the hallways just because I liked doing so. And I was smart, to boot, so in addition to being very bullyable, I had an advantage they resented.

Fox318

Your anti-Roman fixation is very odd. Just watch that sweet Reigns-Barrett match from the night after Elimination Chamber and tell me the guy hasn't improved a fair bit since his big flub at the Royal Rumble. He's not "there" yet, but you don't even seem prepared to give him a chance to improve.

I just think the dude is boring.

Forget about the ring stuff tell me why should I root for him?

Because he has blue contacts and wet hair? He needs to evolve from the shield like the other two members did.

RP912

Banned
The trick to bullies is to out troll them. My gimmick during grade school was being the smart goofy guy and it paid off. Dealt with some issues with bullies from time to time in 2nd to 3rd grade, but nothing to leave me traumatize.

My biggest issue with school was not fitting into any cliques. I was too quiet for the loud kids, too loud for the quiet kids, too smart for the dumb kids, too dumb for the smart kids, too nerdy for the cool kids, and too cool for the nerdy kids. Bottom line I was a outcast :/.

I just think the dude is boring.

Forget about the ring stuff tell me why should I root for him?

Because he has blue contacts and wet hair? He needs to evolve from the shield like the other two members did.

Seth has evolved into a chickenshit paper champion who can't win a single match without the help of two cronies, and Ambrose has evolved into a guy who makes goofy faces and has a moveset that's as or more limited than Roman's. Of the three, Roman is the only one who, in kayfabe, comes across as a serious threat in or out of the ring, especially once they started letting him be this hard-hitting, pain-soaking striker, and his friendship with Dean is consistently the most human, real-feeling thing on the show. He's getting better in the ring all the time, and when he's not cutting goofy "suffering succotash"-type promos, he comes across pretty convincingly as a silent menace who goes after what he wants and takes pride in his status as a tough competitor, which goes all the way back to The Shield when he chastised Dean for not being enough of a fighting champion despite them all being heels at the time.

I was horribly deformed because my mentally handicapped brother threw me out of a treehouse at 4 and my parents couldn't afford to get the dental work done to prevent me from having a horrible underbite and 45-degree adult buck teeth in a child's body, so I was horrendously bullied non-stop for 8 years straight on top of a super abusive household growing up.

I'm now 25 and an internationally experienced ad man living in Brooklyn that checks up on Facebook every once in a while to see the same assholes that treated me like shit in school being boring redneck assholes smoking crystal, chugging everclear, having shitty kids, and doing nothing with their lives.

High school reunion is going to be so rad as I fully plan on walking in their in a thousand dollar suit being a complete smug fucking prick the entire time. No qualms about it.

Seth has evolved into a chickenshit paper champion who can't win a single match without the help of two cronies, and Ambrose has evolved into a guy who makes goofy faces and has a moveset that's as or more limited than Roman's. Of the three, Roman is the only one who, in kayfabe, comes across as a serious threat in or out of the ring, especially once they started letting him be this hard-hitting, pain-soaking striker, and his friendship with Dean is consistently the most human, real-feeling thing on the show. He's getting better in the ring all the time, and when he's not cutting goofy "suffering succotash"-type promos, he comes across pretty convincingly as a silent menace who goes after what he wants and takes pride in his status as a tough competitor, which goes all the way back to The Shield when he chastised Dean for not being enough of a fighting champion despite them all being heels at the time.

Reading this and comparing it to my reaction when I was playing WWE 2k15 MyCareer this morning and freaking out because The Shield showed up to triple powerbomb my CAW and terrorize me for a fucking month in-game makes for a really depressing day.

Thorakai

I was never really bullied, but I did get taken advantage of to help people cheat on homeworks. I thought it would make me more likable. Always had trouble making friends quickly.

Also, #humblebrag moment here, I graduated today with a Masters in Public Health. Managed to get a 4.0 GPA so I'm really happy. I know it doesn't mean much in the long run, but I set out that goal at the start of my education and I'm happy that I was able to achieve it for myself. I finally have time to catch up to Lucha Underground and kideos now.

Also, Brock v. Roman is still probably the WWE match of the year, and Roman cackling like a madman to himself upon realizing just how much of a beating he was getting was one of the better pieces of in-ring character development WWE has had in a while.

I was never really bullied, but I did get taken advantage of to help people cheat on homeworks. I thought it would make me more likable. Always had trouble making friends quickly.

Also, #humblebrag moment here, I graduated today with a Masters in Public Health. Managed to get a 4.0 GPA so I'm really happy. I know it doesn't mean much in the long run, but I set out that goal at the start of my education and I'm happy that I was able to achieve it for myself. I finally have time to catch up to Lucha Underground and kideos now.
Good job man, you should be proud of yourself.

pxNVQNL.gif

RP912

Banned
Also, Brock v. Roman is still probably the WWE match of the year, and Roman cackling like a madman to himself upon realizing just how much of a beating he was getting was one of the better pieces of in-ring character development WWE has had in a while.

Dude...that was a magical moment. People tend to shit on Reigns, but in reality he really progress over the months of being solo. If only he would have got a better entrance like a true God King.

Cagey

Banned
I was horribly deformed because my mentally handicapped brother threw me out of a treehouse at 4 and my parents couldn't afford to get the dental work done to prevent me from having a horrible underbite and 45-degree adult buck teeth in a child's body, so I was horrendously bullied non-stop for 8 years straight on top of a super abusive household growing up.

I'm now 25 and an internationally experienced ad man living in Brooklyn that checks up on Facebook every once in a while to see the same assholes that treated me like shit in school being boring redneck assholes smoking crystal, chugging everclear, having shitty kids, and doing nothing with their lives.

High school reunion is going to be so rad as I fully plan on walking in their in a thousand dollar suit being a complete smug fucking prick the entire time. No qualms about it.

Reading this and comparing it to my reaction when I was playing WWE 2k15 MyCareer this morning and freaking out because The Shield showed up to triple powerbomb my CAW and terrorize me for a fucking month in-game makes for a really depressing day.
Stunting at a high school reunion is low rent shit. No one wins, because If you're returning to stunt then you're not doing well enough to dismiss the event in the first place.

Send the reunion a big fruit basket and your sincerest regards that you couldn't attend: you wanted to so badly but you couldn't possibly pull yourself away from business on Madison Avenue in this busy season.

I did some bullying and been bullied. I feel bad about those situations to this day, it was mostly due to my bigger size that it made it so that I came out as a bully, but they were isolated events, never terrorized anyone. Some people would try to talk shit to me but I would stand my ground.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone be like 'I can't believe Johnny Ace hired women based on their looks. He's the worst and should be fired.
Then everyone be like, 'I'll vote for and show support only to hot girls in Tough Enough'

Just like everyone gives JCreeplez shit for his creep shots then you all quote a creep gif of layla
4773%20-%20Raw%20WWE_World_Tag_Team_Championship%20chris_jericho%20microphone%20pointing%20suit%20wwe%20wwe_tag_team_championship.png

The sharpshooter is normally a pretty ugly no matter who does it.

Anyway how much wrestling shit is overlapping with E3 shit tomorrow and Monday?

I apparently bullied someone or made someone feel like shit in middle school. I found out on Facebook when a guy I friended posted pics of his old yearbook and my pic was scratched out lol. I repressed all of my memories of middle school so I don't even remember if I did anything, but it was pretty weird. He even laughed about it.

Stunting at a high school reunion is low rent shit. No one wins, because If you're returning to stunt then you're not doing well enough to dismiss the event in the first place.

Send the reunion a big fruit basket and your sincerest regards that you couldn't attend: you wanted to so badly but you couldn't possibly pull yourself away from business on Madison Avenue in this busy season.

No no, you got it backwards. Gotta keep it #heel. The fruit basket creates the possibility my situation's not well enough to show my face and I took the cheap way out.

Going out of my fucking way to be a dick about it, because I can, and want to, that's some real heel shit. I've got a Flair for the Gold, damnit. They made me miserable for years and it seriously fucked me up mentally, there's no strength in "dismissing" that, that's an impossible ideal.

Man remember JeriShow and ShoMiz? I always found it funny how their themes were just Jericho and Miz's respectively but every so often BIG SHOW would blast in the song.

I apparently bullied someone or made someone feel like shit in middle school. I found out on Facebook when a guy I friended posted pics of his old yearbook and my pic was scratched out lol. I repressed all of my memories of middle school so I don't even remember if I did anything, but it was pretty weird. He even laughed about it.
That's what he wants you to think, watch your back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsDhe2zJ_3k

Zach

No no, you got it backwards. Gotta keep it #heel. The fruit basket creates the possibility my situation's not well enough to show my face and I took the cheap way out.

Going out of my fucking way to be a dick about it, because I can, and want to, that's some real heel shit. I've got a Flair for the Gold, damnit. They made me miserable for years and it seriously fucked me up mentally, there's no strength in "dismissing" that, that's an impossible ideal.
I say skip the smugness. By all means, roll in with the $1,000 suit (WOOOOO!!), but be an affable mother f'er and you'll get the closure you seek.

Carnby

Man remember JeriShow and ShoMiz? I always found it funny how their themes were just Jericho and Miz's respectively but every so often BIG SHOW would blast in the song.

I looked up both songs on YouTube. Lol you weren't kidding. I'm cracking up over the MizShow song.

I'm with Jeeves. Play the heel, but don't outright say "fuck you", the whole thing will back fire if you do.

PInk Tape

Banned

Yeah. I was bullied throughout middle school because of my weight issues. I can say for a fact that it screwed me up mentally and changed who I am as a person.
At one point it got so bad that I attempted to kill myself because, in my head, I thought everyone would be better off if I was dead.

I applaud you for realizing your mistakes and apologizing to that guy because most bullies never do that.

I'd just like to remind the thread while you're all in a "fuck bullies" mode that this is the same group of people who cheered on an actual bully in TNA:

ajO2hQ4.gif

Learn from the past, sheeple!

PInk Tape

Banned
I was thinking about what the storylines in a Wrasslegaf wrestling promotion would -probably- be based off of and I made a mini list:

>Hogan tweets
>What's #safe and #notsafe
>1000 year old demons
>Taylor Swift
>Carrying bags/shaking hands
>Dad bods (?)
>Fave fives

Cagey

Banned
I was thinking about what the storylines in a Wrasslegaf wrestling promotion would -probably- be based off of and I made a mini list:

>Hogan tweets
>1000 year old demons
>Taylor Swift
>Dad bods (?)
>Fave fives
Arm raises, of course.

Entropia

No One Remembers

>Hogan tweets
>1000 year old demons
>Taylor Swift
>Dad bods (?)
>Fave fives

>CISM

Alucard

Banned

>Hogan tweets
>1000 year old demons
>Taylor Swift
>Dad bods (?)
>Fave fives

TMFs
Battle of the spine busters

Top Bottom