• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

ed_fusion

Banned
TOD, motherfuckers! ARRRRRREEEEE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!!?

C-Z-W!
C! Z! W!

C! Z! W!

The blood...
The pride...
Survive...
You're forsaken, your bones are breakin'...
yeahhhh...

Like the nights and like the tribes, that come to battle on this night:
The ring's the field, the field of war, it's where we lay the law...

LAYIN' THE LAW, ONCE AGAIN, PREPARE FOR WAR...
CZW!
AN EYE FOR AN EYE, TO LIVE AND TO DIE, YOU'VE BEEN DENIED...
CZW!

Anywho, here's some results;

"Doors haven't opened yet...But RF is hustling, walking up & down the line selling DVD'S"

"Easily over 500 people here today!!"

"
Jake Crist defeated Ron Mathis with a moonsault to advance
"

"This place is packed with people!!! Including people sitting on the roof of a bus!!"

"
Matt Tremont defeated Josh Crane to advance. Josh did well and got a nice "please come back" chant
"

"
Dany Havoc advances defeating Rickey Shane Page. Best match so far. RSP was over really big. Actually almost split crowd
"

"Nick Gage gets the biggest first round pop! NO SURPRISE THERE!!!"

You betcha, see above for some updates from twitter.

Thank you, sir!!

toby.gif

klonere

Banned
Good to see that we are all looking to the athleticism, in ring potential, personality and promo skills of the female cohort of WWE®'s ground breaking reality series, Tough Enough®

TOD, motherfuckers! ARRRRRREEEEE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!!?

C-Z-W!
C! Z! W!

C! Z! W!

The blood...
The pride...
Survive...
You're forsaken, your bones are breakin'...
yeahhhh...

Like the nights and like the tribes, that come to battle on this night:
The ring's the field, the field of war, it's where we lay the law...

LAYIN' THE LAW, ONCE AGAIN, PREPARE FOR WAR...
CZW!
AN EYE FOR AN EYE, TO LIVE AND TO DIE, YOU'VE BEEN DENIED...
CZW!

Anywho, here's some results;

"Doors haven't opened yet...But RF is hustling, walking up & down the line selling DVD'S"

"Easily over 500 people here today!!"

"
Jake Crist defeated Ron Mathis with a moonsault to advance
"

"This place is packed with people!!! Including people sitting on the roof of a bus!!"

"
Matt Tremont defeated Josh Crane to advance. Josh did well and got a nice "please come back" chant
"

"
Dany Havoc advances defeating Rickey Shane Page. Best match so far. RSP was over really big. Actually almost split crowd
"

"Nick Gage gets the biggest first round pop! NO SURPRISE THERE!!!"

You betcha, see above for some updates from twitter.

Delayed iPPV... hmm. What time is that Sunday for us fine upstanding British folks?

Alucard

Banned
Fave Five One-Hour TV Shows:

1. Stargate SG-1
2. Battlestar Galactica (2000s)
3. Lost
4. Stargate Atlantis
5. Firefly

...maybe...I dunno...I've been watching a lot of SG-1 on television lately, so that's clouded me a bit and made my list sci-fi heavy. There are probably better shows, but yeah, these all come to mind.

Shows I've never watched:

Breaking Bad
Orphan Black
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The Sopranos (watched 1 season, I think)
Daredevil
Dr. Who

Heel

Good to see that we are all looking to the athleticism, in ring potential, personality and promo skills of the female cohort of WWE®'s ground breaking reality series, Tough Enough®

Change doesn't happen overnight, klonere. It's going to take a generation or more of teaching to reverse the damage that the Attittude Era has instilled in professional wrestling fans and the poor lessons they're teaching their offspring when it comes to respecting women (e.g. Eva Marie at Full Sail).

I thought we had made progress, yet our resident snitches tend to be more worried about innocuous jokes from a grieving dream than the JCreepz Culture slowly seeping its way back into our community.

Ditto Catrina's cleavage. Holy Jesus - can we nominate her breasts as tag team of the year?

Cagey

Banned
To deny the body worship and body shame of professional wrestling is to deny the very essence of the spectacle of the entertaining sport we all love to tolerate.

Frankly, this community could use more praising of the exquisite physiques of our Male sports entertainers, but I wonder if we're truly ready for that next step, particularly in the absence of Sunflower Kennedy McMahon.

Besides, the WWE Tough Enough male contestant physiques are more aesthetic oriented, when they needed more bearmode dudes.

Change doesn't happen overnight, klonere. It's going to take a generation or more of teaching to reverse the damage that the Attittude Era has instilled in professional wrestling fans and the poor lessons they're teaching their offspring when it comes to respecting women (e.g. Eva Marie at Full Sail).

I thought we had made progress, yet our resident snitches tend to be more worried about innocuous jokes from a grieving dream than the JCreepz Culture slowly seeping its way back into our community.

This, man. All this.

It's a damn disgrace when drmfriend gets snitched on for some shit.

Fox318

Guys

Money in the Bank is tomorrow.

Do you care?

If they announce Cesaro or replace Orton and some of the others that already won MITB or the title I might be excited.

Right now its the ROMAN REIGNS THE GUY WHO ISN'T NEARLY AS OVER AS THE GUY WE HAD LOSE TO A GHOST AND TV MONITOR SHOW.

1. Stargate SG-1
3. Lost
4. Stargate Atlantis
5. Firefly

I fully support the SG1, Firefly and Atlantis love as i loved both Stargate shows and am in the midst of an Atlantis rewatch myself. I thought Galactica was ok but soured on Lost fast

klonere

Banned
If they announce Cesaro or replace Orton and some of the others that already won MITB or the title I might be excited.

Right now its the ROMAN REIGNS THE GUY WHO ISN'T NEARLY AS OVER AS THE GUY WE HAD LOSE TO A GHOST AND TV MONITOR SHOW.

The straw that I'm clutching to is that they are going all in on New Day and giving Kofi the briefcase.

I hope Rollins murders Ambrose and Reigns....does.....things....that are interesting. Somehow I feel that I am going to be disappointed on every point there.

DMczaf

So now that Kevin Owens is beginning to get sorta mainstream Internet coverage, is this the point where he begins jobbing for no reason like Summer of Punk?

1. Stargate SG-1
3. Lost
4. Stargate Atlantis
5. Firefly

...maybe...I dunno...I've been watching a lot of SG-1 on television lately, so that's clouded me a bit and made my list sci-fi heavy. There are probably better shows, but yeah, these all come to mind.

Shows I've never watched:

Breaking Bad
Orphan Black
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The Sopranos (watched 1 season, I think)
Daredevil
Dr. Who

BSG was my favorite show for 3 years. Then the last halfseason happened. God almighty.

Also you need to watch all of those shows. Breaking Bad, Orphan Black, and Game of Thrones are three of the best shows in the last decade. Sopranos was great but the ending will divide you. Daredevil was amazing. Walking Dead is basically half good, at least watch the first season. Doctor Who's one of my favorites too, but I'll admit the last season was meh.

And I am sticking to my guns: Reigns is winning the briefcase, and if he doesn't and Kofi does, PTP are the tag champs.

Damn.. Just found out about The American Dream Dusty Rodes... Damn.... His prime was before my time and was introduced to him when the WWE brought him in wearing poker dots and dancing like a fool. I remember thinking his entrance song and dancing skills made him look badass in my eyes. I hope he gets a tribute on Raw.

Fox318

The straw that I'm clutching to is that they are going all in on New Day and giving Kofi the briefcase.

I hope Rollins murders Ambrose and Reigns....does.....things....that are interesting. Somehow I feel that I am going to be disappointed on every point there.

See I'd belive that if Big E was in the main event. They just put Kofi there to have high spots with Ziggler and Neville.

I mean you want to make a faction mean something you have them go after all of the belts.

U89N6Bc.jpg

So now that Kevin Owens is beginning to get sorta mainstream Internet coverage, is this the point where he begins jobbing for no reason like Summer of Punk?

I'm sure Steph will cut off his balls or he will Job to HHH soon.

You know it.

Makes me wonder how they are going to handle him dropping the NXT title on main WWE TV now since him being the NXT champ is his thing and he is obviously going to drop it soon if he is going full time with the main roster.

Maybe after Cena beats him tomorrow he will go on a losing streak and lose the Balor in Japan?

Fox318

DMczaf

Damn.. Just found out about The American Dream Dusty Rodes... Damn.... His prime was before my time and was introduced to him when the WWE brought him in wearing poker dots and dancing like a fool. I remember thinking his entrance song and dancing skills made him look badass in my eyes. I hope he gets a tribute on Raw.

Triple H is a huge Dusty mark, Raw will be dedicated to Dusty from the start.

The word a couple of days ago was that the complete Hard Times promo will open Raw.

somedevil

The word a couple of days ago was that the complete Hard Times promo will open Raw.

They are going all out for him:

PWInsider reports that WWE will also pay tribute to the American Dream with videos during the Money in the Bank PPV. Finally, Monday’s RAW will also have video highlights and other tributes to Rhodes.

Plus they are going to run a special on him on the network after Raw.

I just wonder if Cody will wrestle and if this is the end of stardust and his maybe match with the arrow at Summerslam.

Fox318

I find it so odd that HHH is a huge NWA mark but all he pushes is the very worst of WWE soap opera angles. I mean the dude wants so badly to be Ric Flair and Harley Race but his WWE angles are that of the Legion of Doom

They are going all out for him:

Plus they are going to run a special on him on the network after Raw.

I just wonder if Cody will wrestle and if this is the end of stardust and his maybe match with the arrow at Summerslam.

Honestly I can see them doing something different. I mean Cody will probably come back with Goldust and do something.

Alucard

Banned
I fully support the SG1, Firefly and Atlantis love as i loved both Stargate shows and am in the midst of an Atlantis rewatch myself. I thought Galactica was ok but soured on Lost fast

I actually haven't finished Atlantis. I have all 5 seasons on DVD, but have only watched the first 4 seasons. Need to start from the beginning again.

BSG was my favorite show for 3 years. Then the last halfseason happened. God almighty.

Also you need to watch all of those shows. Breaking Bad, Orphan Black, and Game of Thrones are three of the best shows in the last decade. Sopranos was great but the ending will divide you. Daredevil was amazing. Walking Dead is basically half good, at least watch the first season. Doctor Who's one of my favorites too, but I'll admit the last season was meh.

And I am sticking to my guns: Reigns is winning the briefcase, and if he doesn't and Kofi does, PTP are the tag champs.

Yeah, I haven't finished BSG either, but I've heard how divisive the ending is. I'm basing my love on what I recall of the first 2-3 seasons. So, so good.

Top Bottom