• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Thorakai

Brock vs Rollins had some nice stars aligning to making their story build work as well as it should, assuming the ball doesn't get dropped in the coming weeks. I think its hilarious how Rollins has consistently been that thorn on Lesnar's side for a good chunk of his run.

The best thing about this is Ambrose and his lame ass wanna-be Terry Funk moveset can get on somewhere else now and feud with like Barrett or something
Agreed fam.
wTK9kkq.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
OSW Review has been ON FIRE since they started the WM X-7 Story line.

No Way Out 2001 is probably their best episode and Final Nitro is really funny as well.

RP912

Banned
Damn now I can't unsee Ambrose knockoff moveset. All he needs to do is the ladder helicopter and he'll official be a Terry Funk remake.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So brace for fuckery? I'm A-OK with that then.

Pretty much. You just had commentary flat out tell you Brock was taking the title back which simply means Brock isn't taking the title back. TMNT2 is a year away, too early for Sheamus to cash-in. He'll cash in the night after Mania 32 on a babyface Rollins who wins the title in a Shield triple threat at Mania. Ambrose will again fuck off back to midcard.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Damn now I can't unsee Ambrose knockoff moveset. All he needs to do is the ladder helicopter and he'll official be a Terry Funk remake.

Yep, it's super obvious...and WHY I LOVE HIM. Pretty sure he did the ladder spot once last year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ventura said on commentary that he came up with the 'Mean' in Mean Gene.
I don't know if I believe him. But I want to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Schiavonne and Ventura had surprisingly good chemistry. So did Bischoff and Mulligan.

Basically what I'm saying is Bobby Heenan wouldn't play ball. Everyone else was there to have a good time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watched a great deal of 1996 Nitros last week, almost all of the pre Outsiders episodes.

If there's anything the Billionaire Ted bits were right on about is that the beginning of the year in WCW is fucking nuts with Women's Shoe spots. Like six main events have that spot.

DMczaf

Watched a great deal of 1996 Nitros last week, almost all of the pre Outsiders episodes.

If there's anything the Billionaire Ted bits were right on about is that the beginning of the year in WCW is fucking nuts with Women's Shoe spots. Like six main events have that spot.

The most deadly weapon in professional wrestling. Even Hogan couldn't no-sell it.

Sephzilla

Jesus Christ, E3 suddenly resurrected all of the FF7 haters. It feels like 2003 all over again.

There are people actually complaining that Shenmue 3 is being kickstarted

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pepe is easily the most over being on Nitro. So much so that Mongo needed to bring in a new dog when he went heel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jesus Christ, E3 suddenly resurrected all of the FF7 haters. It feels like 2003 all over again.

There are people actually complaining that Shenmue 3 is being kickstarted

Some people don't like/trust Kickstarter. It's weird but whatever. They can buy the game if it comes out if they want to.

I just plain don't like Shenmue.

Sephzilla

Shenmue is owned by Sega, the people who wouldn't let Bayonetta 2 get made until someone else picked up the check. Everyone who wanted Shenmue 3 should have been well aware that some kind of shenanigans would have to take place in order to make it happen. Kickstarter is probably the best possible outcome.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ultimate Warrior is the Eli Manning of Pro Wrestlers in that he is nothing but clutch in big matches but pedestrian everytime else.

Seriously night and day between his TV appearances and his PPV main events.

He's also crazy over in 1996 and is the first one to really push the foul language barrier on RAW, which Steve Austin and Pillman take over right quick when he leaves.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
are you sure he's clutch

are you sure it's not him being carried by 5 star workers like ricky rude

Sure, that's an excuse for Macho and Rude if you're being generous (I love Rude but he doesn't show off in WWF at all, saves all that wrassling shit for WCW) But Hogan? Slaughter?!? Slaughter and Sheik?!? Yet those matches rock too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It is Bean. Especially for the promotion it takes place in. It's probably the best WWE match ever for the things the WWE was aiming for at that time.

Warrior vs Savage is just overrated tho

It is Bean. Especially for the promotion it takes place in. It's probably the best WWE match ever for the things the WWE was aiming for at that time.

Warrior vs Savage is just overrated tho

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that hogan/warrior is the best main event match until austin/rock at wm17.

You might think I'm crazy but it's ...basically the same match in a lot of ways.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
His American Made theme is an awful knockoff of Real American.

It's infectious though. Nowhere near as good as Real American, but still really great.

His TNA theme is a ripoff of the NWO theme! It's also pretty solid!

He also came out to Eye of the Tiger and Voodoo Child.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that hogan/warrior is the best main event match until austin/rock at wm17.

You might think I'm crazy but it's ...basically the same match in a lot of ways.

Wrestlemania wise? I prefer Savage/Flair and HBK/Bret. Besides those two though WM main events largely sucked until X7. Especially the Attitude Era ones, holy shit.

Top Bottom