• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

It's not even about the music. You don't browse the OT and see multiple topics each year because Thom York's done something wild & outlandish/mildly offensive. I don't inadvertently catch gossip about Thom's crazy antics via overhead snatches of conversation, magazines front pages glimpsed out the corner of my eye or, hell, the nightly fucking news. That's what unavoidable celebrity is, you learn so much about the fucker without even trying. Useless, petty, meaningless information about a guy I couldn't give two shits about.

darkbanjo

Kanye West is like the Young Bucks. He's very, very good at what he does, but if you're not on board it's never really going to work for you.

Pavaloo

But that's with everything right? Die-hards always give a bad name :p

I'm really curious to see how the new album shapes up. I think "All Day" is alright, but "Only One" and "Four,Five,Seconds(?)" ended up growing on me a lot more than anything on Yeezus so here's hoping for more soul less anti corporation
It's not even about the music. You don't browse the OT and see multiple topics each year because Thom York's done something wild & outlandish/mildly offensive. I don't inadvertently catch gossip about Thom's crazy antics via overhead snatches of conversation, magazines front pages glimpsed out the corner of my eye or, hell, the nightly fucking news. That's what unavoidable celebrity is, you learn so much about the fucker without even trying. Useless, petty, meaningless information about a guy I couldn't give two shits about.

Eh, no ones going to care if Thom is talking about the environment or Occupy Wallstreet versus Kanye being aggressive with paparazzi or something lol. It's about scapegoats I guess. No one gave Thom Yorke shit when he was calling out Spotify in 2013, but Taylor Swift is a hot target right.

Zach

I too dislike silly celebrity-focused posts in OT, etc. but you can't blame Kanye West for the People Magazine world we live in these days. He's just doing what he thinks he has to do to be the greatest musician of our time. He didn't create this world. He's just a product of the times.

*goes into 45-minute Metal Gear Solid 3 speech*

>_>

Verendus

Banned
Flop Lesnar is back for Battleground? Battleground?! Bah gawd. I was not expecting that. So, Rollins is basically going to be ragdolled for 20 minutes. I'm okay with that. I just hope Sheamus doesn't cash in to take the title.

Fucking Sheamus.

In the 21st century.

Zach

Flop Lesnar is back for Battleground? Battleground?! Bah gawd. I was not expecting that. So, Rollins is basically going to be ragdolled for 20 minutes. I'm okay with that. I just hope Sheamus doesn't cash in to take the title.

Fucking Sheamus.

In the 21st century.

I'd like to see this thread if that were to occur (Sheamus cashing in on Brock to win the belt). Haha...

Verendus

Banned
I'd like to see this thread if that were to occur (Sheamus cashing in on Brock to win the belt). Haha...
I can see it happening.

Brock had the title, they may not want to give it to him again so soon. So Sheamus wins it, holds it for a few months while the main event is filled with filler, then WWE takes the title off him later in the year to prepare for whatever their Wrestlemania plans are.

I'd rather Reigns just takes the title though, and holds it from Summerslam to Wrestlemania 32. It'd give me a reason to catch the PPVs. Flop Lesnar can win the Rumble, and we can get the rematch where ONE MAN, ALONE, finally conquers the beast.

Storytelling. Classic.

RP912

Banned
As far as the OT stuff with artists doing silly and douchey shit, Kanye is a easy target no lie...but you can't have that be a judge on his overall music. If you don't like hip hop that's cool, if you don't like his production that's fine, but please don't single him out just because he doesn't play a guitar or etc when you don't know what goes on in his head during the makings of his albums.

For instance, his album Late Registration was heavily influence by the sounds of the UK. When he went overseas, he was inspired by the sounds of their music which you can tell throughout the album. Also, his production made an impact on the hip hop genre for a whole decade.

He even did a live orchestral album. Dude is an musician in my eye, too bad folks still on that same bullshit in 2015 music wise.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Being Dean's best buddy+D-Bry leaving+him getting better at promos and in ring+idiot fans thinking he has earned his due in the past few months have really rehabilitated Medium Sexy Roman Reigns...but not enough to go over clean at SS.

He's a great candidate for a heel turn/face of the authority run.

RP912

Banned
By the end of 2015, Reigns is going to have the belt and it's going to be a good run because the Roman Empire shall not fail.

Entropia

No One Remembers
There was an interesting/fun thread on reddit to predict the next 5 WWE Champions.

I'd say (in no order!)

Reigns, Lesnar, Ambrose, Sheamus, Owens

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sheamus ain't sniffin that belt.

My predictions:

Reigns, Lesnar, Ambrose, Cena (yes, again,) and Randy Orton

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got a good laugh out of that rumor that Sheamus got the briefcase so he could eat a pin by Rollins at Battleground so Lesnar would continue to not get pinned.

Zach

I'm echoing Austin and/or JR here because I usually catch their podcasts, but I think Reigns should have a monster heel run before he can truly be over as a big time babyface. They missed an opportunity having Ambrose beat Rollins in the ladder match with Reigns immediately aligning with The Authority (I mean, if they must exist in the first place, try to make it halfway interesting...) and betraying his bro Ambrose with dat cash-in victory (oh, Reigns would've had to win the ladder match instead of -- haha -- Sheamus).

Anyway, that seems more interesting to me, what with the old Shield guys all gunning for each other or whatever. And people would be encouraged to hate on Reigns for a bit to get it out of their system and then BAM! face turn, <3 <3 <3, etc. etc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sheamus just needs to stay healthy so he can knock the house down with Balor.

I'm echoing Austin and/or JR here because I usually catch their podcasts, but I think Reigns should have a monster heel run before he can truly be over as a big time babyface. They missed an opportunity having Ambrose beat Rollins in the ladder match with Reigns immediately aligning with The Authority (I mean, if they must exist in the first place, try to make it halfway interesting...) and betraying his bro Ambrose with dat cash-in victory (oh, Reigns would've had to win the ladder match instead of -- haha -- Sheamus).

Anyway, that seems more interesting to me, what with the old Shield guys all gunning for each other or whatever. And people would be encouraged to hate on Reigns for a bit to get it out of their system and then BAM! face turn, <3 <3 <3, etc. etc.

While I agree with that think of it this way; instead of going over as a big time heel on the second biggest face in the company right now in Dean, or doing a double turn with Rollins, which admittedly might be fun, why not go over on the biggest face in the whole damn company and have him SCREW BROCK WITH THE AUTHORITY.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I feel Reigns needs a big heel run. Most successful and waaaaay over babyfaces previously had a reign of terror as a heel. Most, not all. It goes a long way towards winning the crowd over. It's tough to do babyface actions and win over the crowd, but a flip, a face TURN usually works really well in lieu of babyface actions. After that, it's all gravy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sorry guys, I don't see Ambrose ever becoming WWE champion. I doubt they see him as that guy. He's essentially Daniel Bryan post-Mania 2012. A few WWE title matches because he's a good hand and that's it.

I doubt the crowd will ever force their hand in this either.

Zach

While I agree with that think of it this way; instead of going over as a big time heel on the second biggest face in the company right now in Dean, or doing a double turn with Rollins, which admittedly might be fun, why not go over on the biggest face in the whole damn company and have him SCREW BROCK WITH THE AUTHORITY.

That'd work.

I feel Reigns needs a big heel run. Most successful and waaaaay over babyfaces previously had a reign of terror as a heel. Most, not all. It goes a long way towards winning the crowd over. It's tough to do babyface actions and win over the crowd, but a flip, a face TURN usually works really well in lieu of babyface actions. After that, it's all gravy.

Exactly.

Sorry guys, I don't see Ambrose ever becoming WWE champion. I doubt they see him as that guy. He's essentially Daniel Bryan post-Mania 2012. A few WWE title matches because he's a good hand and that's it.

I only see him winning it as some sort of quick transition, like my aforementioned scenario.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

nxIBjP0.jpg

Bookmarking this post for later.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does The Shield count as a heel run?

Not at all - I dunno if they were ever actual heels as opposed to tweeners. Also he didn't have much personality then. I would say he needs a solo heel run, or tag team. Too much was spread out before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Boots, how does your Top Ten Matches of the Year currently feel? What's the split?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not at all - I dunno if they were ever actual heels as opposed to tweeners. Also he didn't have much personality then. I would say he needs a solo heel run, or tag team. Too much was spread out before.

They were 100% stone cold heels from when they took out Ryback all through the WWE's King of Trios phase.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They were 100% stone cold heels from when they took out Ryback all through the WWE's King of Trios phase.

Were they? Maybe I've been listening too much to Tumblr's revisionist Sexy History...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Were they? Maybe I've been listening too much to Tumblr's revisionist Sexy History...

They did CM Punk's bidding until Paul was fired, then they feuded with a rotating cast of the top faces (Kane, Ryback, D-Bry, Cena, Orton) then they did the proto Authority's bidding until finally turning face against the Wyatts.

Verendus

Banned
That SHIELD/Wyatt feud was hot as fuck. They should have saved it for Mania rather than the New Age Outlaw/Kane crap
Wrestlemania 30 was a lot of missed potential. I really wanted Wyatts vs. Shield along with Cena vs. Undertaker, Batista vs. Brock, and Bryan vs. Triple H vs. Orton. That's what you call a great card.

What we got wasn't bad either, but they could've made it better.

Sephzilla

Wrestlemania 30 was a lot of missed potential. I really wanted Wyatts vs. Shield along with Cena vs. Undertaker, Batista vs. Brock, and Bryan vs. Triple H vs. Orton. That's what you call a great card.

This card

RJwuu78.gif

The only thing on here that I think would have been a slam dunk would have been Wyatts vs Shield as it would have spared us Bray being fed to Cena. I have to admit the idea of Cena vs Undertaker appeals to the inner maniac in me who wants to see the world burn, because you know Vince would have told Taker to make Cena look like God. Why would you ruin HHH/Bryan by putting Orton in there? Batista vs Brock would have been interesting
because Batista would have become the sacrificial lamb to The God King instead of The Streak

Top Bottom