• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Young Bucks were pointing out to stro that they can play abusive characters in wrestling, yet those characters have no bearing on their shoot lives as husbands and fathers. Because wrestling is a work.

Personally, I thought it was quite a calm and measured response to someone insinuating they condoned domestic abuse.

You're such a Young Backs apologist. They can do no wrong in your eyes!

I like em. Still. Even though they're shitheads.

Sephzilla

Lol Sephzilla is just Curtis Axel in a mask. Kind of reminded me of when Bo came back as Mr. NXT or whatever. Somehow his name is the only one Justin Roberts can kind of pronounce properly. Dada Zodiac is pretty great, though.

d6MszPy.gif

RIP in pieces my career

Sephzilla

REAL TALK

After letting Jurassic World sink in for roughly a week, it is really a dumb as fuck movie that has fuckloads of nostalgia pandering.

Aiii

So not worth it
REAL TALK

After letting Jurassic World sink in for roughly a week, it is really a dumb as fuck movie that has fuckloads of nostalgia pandering.

So as someone who only ever "kind of liked" JP, I'm gonna hate this movies guts?

Except Chris Pratt, who I will never hate thanks to Parks and Rec

Mad Max is the movie of the decade anyways
until Episode VII comes out

Sephzilla

So as someone who only ever "kind of liked" JP, I'm gonna hate this movies guts?

If you're not blinded by nostalgia then you're going to see the movie for what it is - a mess

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah man, I thought the superkick/pele on Maria spot was dumb and unnecessary in the first place - in Japan it would've drawn heat for AJ & the Bucks, but in ROH it just popped the crowd and got "HOLY SHIT!" chants.

It's good to know you're still in possession of your mental faculties, friend.

I'd like to pose a question to everyone here, but you got my noodle cookin'.

What wrestler, or personality, (or one of each) was the most logically sound personalities out there?

I want to say Jesse Ventura in heel mode in WWF on commentary was nearly untouchable with his logic and character.

I always liked Jesse because his arguments made sense, it was like he was trying to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of the listener in an attempt to turn the babyface's fans against them, whereas Brain's jibes felt more outlandish and ridiculous. He wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything, he was just exposing us to his blinkered world view where the bad guys could do no wrong and the good guys were always lying, cheating narcissists.

jmdajr

Pixar movie was good but it was an overload of emotions. I mean..I guess that's the point.
Minions will be a nice change of pace. Don't always feel like getting choked up watching an animated movie with the kid.

"Papi you crying?"

"Nope, just allergies."

Heroman

Banned
Pixar movie was good but it was an overload of emotions. I mean..I guess that's the point.
Minions will be a nice change of pace. Don't always feel like getting choked up watching an animated movie with the kid.

"Papi you crying?"

"Nope, just allergies."
I have a feeling that minions will have some sad parts in it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always liked Jesse because his arguments made sense, it was like he was trying to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of the listener in an attempt to turn the babyface's fans against them, whereas Brain's jibes felt more outlandish and ridiculous. He wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything, he was just exposing us to his blinkered world view where the bad guys could do no wrong and the good guys were always lying, cheating narcissists.

As much as I love Heenan, he was a ridiculous man with ridiculous arguments. Jesse would spend time actively tearing down any face and deconstructing their work, and sometimes even his other commentators. Jesse and Vince are one of my favorite commentary teams and a lot of that is due to this. Vince as the tolerant one and Jesse continually needling him...those are some good times.

Jamie OD

Nah man, I thought the superkick/pele on Maria spot was dumb and unnecessary in the first place - in Japan it would've drawn heat for AJ & the Bucks, but in ROH it just popped the crowd and got "HOLY SHIT!" chants.

Reminds me of a DGUSA show I was at during WM 29 weekend. The Bucks super kicked Christina von Eerie for heel heat but it instead got the biggest babyface pop of the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me of a DGUSA show I was at during WM 29 weekend. The Bucks super kicked Christina von Eerie for heel heat but it instead got the biggest babyface pop of the show.

Wrestling's misogyny problem is still real.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finally watched the TOD finals and the match wasn't that great, but I liked the winner, I like Tremont's headbutts and this part
tumblr_nq3m8lksVT1tl23yuo5_400.gif

was scary as hell

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that's horrible.

I loved the shit out of the TOD I reviewed. I really did.

For deathmatch fans, when did TOD go from "oh my god, that's fucking funny and probably hurts" to incredibly dark? And whose fault was it? Necro Butcher?

Damn, that's horrible.

I loved the shit out of the TOD I reviewed. I really did.

For deathmatch fans, when did TOD go from "oh my god, that's fucking funny and probably hurts" to incredibly dark? And whose fault was it? Necro Butcher?

I dunno, mine was pretty bad... Got to power through the rest

Jurassic World manages to suck the charisma out of Chris Pratt.

Bryce Dallas Howard is a cliched female lead from the 90s.

The dino action isn't even that good.

I had some fun with it but it's a bad movie.

Wrestling related:

Chyna wants to bury the hatchet with Triple H? This should be interesting but I imagine it will go nowhere.

jmdajr

Which celebrity deserves a powerbomb from Kevin Owens?

18% Kanye West
63% Justin Bieber
6% Chris Brown
2% Tom Cruise
2% Shia LaBeouf
2% The Situation
1% James Franco
1% Russell Brand
1% Guy Fieri
1% Ashton Kutcher
1% Dane Cook
3% Someone else (Add your pick in the comments below)

I finally watched the TOD finals and the match wasn't that great, but I liked the winner, I like Tremont's headbutts and this part
tumblr_nq3m8lksVT1tl23yuo5_400.gif

was scary as hell

There's something that tickles me about a Stop sign being a focal point for them as they plunged through the glass, almost like it was there to try and reason with them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's something that tickles me about a Stop sign being a focal point for them as they plunged through the glass, almost like it was there to try and reason with them.

You're such a thinker, Hoot King Owl. Always seeing underneath the underneath.

Zach

As much as I love Heenan, he was a ridiculous man with ridiculous arguments. Jesse would spend time actively tearing down any face and deconstructing their work, and sometimes even his other commentators. Jesse and Vince are one of my favorite commentary teams and a lot of that is due to this. Vince as the tolerant one and Jesse continually needling him...those are some good times.

We can't praise The Brain and The Body
(or Mind?)
enough, so I'll join the horse-flogging.

Both were incredible, but Heenan edges Ventura for me for the exact reasons you humanoids besmirch his good name -- he was always willing to be the butt of the joke. His goofiness was so charmingly delightful. It didn't matter if it was unrealistic. He was so entertaining and made himself so easy to hate (dude's a heel, right?). Jesse had his supporters and basked in the adulation, whereas Heenan was constantly the heel; if he had supporters, he'd give them a back-handed compliment or do something else you'd expect from a no-good weasel. Always the heel. The sweet, glorious heel.

How I wish we had guys as entertaining in the business of wrassle today.

Wow, apparently this is scheduled for PWG's next show;

Angelico & Jack Evans vs The Young Bucks

Just take my fucking money, already!
tumblr_nn9ej7d5VF1snhdpvo1_500.0.gif

So after Gunner, Sam Shaw (who signed a MULTI-YEAR deal last year) also left TNA.

But it's okay guys...
clipboard01bepk8.jpg

No problem at all...
clipboard04rnpb3.jpg

That is unless TNA ORIGINAL STING makes some calls...
clipboard03grphg.jpg

Damnit Sting, stop poaching guys to come to the minor leagues!

Aiii, wrestling fans from Britain are batsh*t insane right proper mental (see above). Just leave them be.

Had a bout of "can't get to bloody sleep" last night, WWE network to the rescue as I rewatched that one WWE title triple threat match between CM Punk, Bryan and Kane.
Man Kane sure was a lot more mobile just 2 years ago, fun little match as well.
Which was then followed up by the actual main event of Cena/Show in a steel cage, yeah that one solved my sleeping issue.

You're such a thinker, Hoot King Owl. Always seeing underneath the underneath.

I have to try and find extra meaning within deathmatch wrestling, for my sake of my sanity.

Zach

Yeah, he's unavoidably insufferable. Even if you have never knowingly listened to his music, you still hear about the stupid shit he says or does. That level of celebrity is just sickening to me.

Kanye West makes incredible music. I own every album and they're all worthwhile listens. Just from his music (I don't really pay attention to the celeb newz), he seems like an imperfect yet thoughtful dude. I'm not convinced his wackiness in public isn't part of an act. Heck, he touches on that in his music. He seems to find the expectations of people distressing. I dunno. I think he's a bit of a lost soul -- there's always this sadness about him. I think that makes him an incredible artist, but I worry that he could legitimately go insane, if he hasn't already (again, I have my doubts).

Anyway, random rambling post in response to your distaste for Kanye.

RP912

Banned
The hatred that Kanye receives is downright sad. Sure, he says shit that makes you scratch your head and does crazy antics, but almost every musician does the same amount of shit. You can't single out Ye without throwing Tom Yorke, Alex Rose, Kirk Corbain (RIP), and other musicians in the mix.

Bottom line no musician is a saint and if a person thinks otherwise is a goddamn fool.

Music>>>>>Shenanigans

Pavaloo

I like Kanye West

I think his fans can be grating though. I don't really care for him being all "I'M THE NEW PICASSO," because I expect him to, but when I read a million posts going "oh but he's totally right, he's modern Picasso" it's hard not to roll your eyes excessively.

Top Bottom