• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Sephzilla

AbleEntireCattle.gif

who are these guys and why are they dressed like krispen wah

Pavaloo

this swerved show is hilarious

ryder got electrocuted like 3 times lol

also i just did a fuckin german suplex in arkham knight
game is legit

MC Safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEYcnqiRcVM

I found this browsing YouTube today. It's kind of interesting if only to note how sparse the commentary is. Vince McMahon and Bruno Sammartino call the match, and there's no endless prattle, no horrible jokes, and no talking over one another. I think the current WWE commentary teams could learn to take a step back now and then...

(I don't mind funny commentary, by the way. I think Vince/Jesse "The Body, Gorilla/Heenan, JR/King did an excellent job with the humor.)

Oh, it's Hulk Hogan's first match in the WWE, when he was a bad guy.

So, uh, could anyone tell me where to start in regards to NJPW? Or indeed, Japanese wrestling? I've always been interested, but I don't know where to start. :c

Ithil

So, uh, could anyone tell me where to start in regards to NJPW? Or indeed, Japanese wrestling? I've always been interested, but I don't know where to start. :c

The G1 Climax tournament in August is usually a good spot, you'll see a lot of good wrestling and get to know all the major names.

RP912

Banned
Man why the Wolves haven't got over like the Bucks. Dudes put in work for ages and they still look lower than large in the indies :(.

RP912

Banned

Wrestle Kingdom is pretty much the Wrestlemania of NJPW. Start there, then go to the G1 Tournament and the Super JRs.

The G1 Climax tournament in August is usually a good spot, you'll see a lot of good wrestling and get to know all the major names.

Wrestle Kingdom is pretty much the Wrestlemania of NJPW. Start there, then go to the G1 Tournament and the Super JRs.

As someone who got into it due to JR calling WK9, the videos Matt Striker put out and then watching WK9 pretty much hooked me.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoQ1JsiVy2z-SbwZeoHGajJFF60fvQhqd

So Wrestle Kingdom and G1? Thanks guys!

When you say 'Super JRs', I'm imagining Jim Ross as an active wrestler with a superhero gimmick.

If you have AXS tv. NJPW,airs on Fridays at 9

I don't think I do, sorry. In the UK, y'see.

EDIT: Are there any matches in particular that are must-watch?

RP912

Banned
So Wrestle Kingdom and G1? Thanks guys!

When you say 'Super JRs', I'm imagining Jim Ross as an active wrestler with a superhero gimmick.

I don't think I do, sorry. In the UK, y'see.

EDIT: Are there any matches in particular that are must-watch?

lol

Please don't tempt Vince for an excuse to rehire JR :(

Man why the Wolves haven't got over like the Bucks. Dudes put in work for ages and they still look lower than large in the indies :(.

Thank you for the opportunity to repost the classic "IndyWrestling.gif."

OrCQAOH.gif

And the classic "Davey Richards kills Paul London" gif:

10338%20-%20Border_Wars%20Davey_Richards%20double_foot_stomp%20gif%20paul_london%20ring_of_honor.gif

And two shitty tastes that taste worse together:

iOcplAQRZupNq.gif

The Bucks are self aware enough to know that flippy shit looks silly and draw heat from it. The Wolves still think they are badass because they do the most moves

Cagey

Banned
I never seen him as an ass, but take himself too fucking serious. One time he tried to do a MMA type of match in ROH and the crowd shitted all over it. Prove them right.
DAVEYYYYY!

*no sells superplex into suplex from inside ring over the top rope*

2poyw6u.jpg

I was at this show. Meh.

RP912

Banned
Thank you for the opportunity to repost the classic "IndyWrestling.gif."

OrCQAOH.gif

And the classic "Davey Richards kills Paul London" gif:

10338%20-%20Border_Wars%20Davey_Richards%20double_foot_stomp%20gif%20paul_london%20ring_of_honor.gif

And two shitty tastes that taste worse together:

iOcplAQRZupNq.gif

WTF is this guy trying to accomplish :/ :/? His no sell game is outrageous.

Ithil

The idea of having a signature where you stand straight up after giving a superplex (to give a regular suplex no less) is stupid in of itself. It's supposed to hurt you too after all.

So the live aspect is at Full Sail; what exactly are those people doing there? Just watching the episode on the tron? Never been to a taping of a reality show like this before so not sure. But that seems pretty boring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The legacy of FCW/NXT as a developmental program might be mixed, slightly favoring positive right now, but one thing is for certain; everyone who makes it out of there can do a vicious spinebuster.

Top Bottom