• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

CINnUH3W8AAfjTj.png:large

something is up, perhaps the most important day in the history of our great sport is upon us

Fucking lol if Jarrett swoops in, rejoins TNA, and gets it and GFW a TV deal at the same time. He'd have to win Promoter of the Year at that point

Man God

Non-Canon Member
lol Billy gun getting people up early and doing drills and shit.

Only thing wrestlers of his ilk practiced was coke.

No way. Billy Gun in particular was a work a holic. He misses ten months of 2000 with an injury/creative has nothing for him, and comes back looking FANTASTIC.

Vince and Dunn weren't there (off to do Tough Enough), so HHH was in charge of booking Raw last night

Good to see Future Dear Leader loves God King Kane as much as I do. Starting to feel more confident about future WWE

somedevil

Vince and Dunn weren't there (off to do Tough Enough), so HHH was in charge of booking Raw last night

Good to see Future Dear Leader loves God King Kane as much as I do. Starting to feel more confident about future WWE

No he wasn't

F4Wonline.com notes that both Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn were not at last night's WWE RAW in Indianapolis as they were working on Tough Enough in the Orlando area. While Triple H did not write last night's show, he was in charge and ran things.

So the live element is going to be the part where Austin got them in the ring and tore them a new asshole at the end of the show, without Austin and the tearing a new asshole part...

Austin would be absolutely wasted in this format

Fox318

Fucking lol if Jarrett swoops in, rejoins TNA, and gets it and GFW a TV deal at the same time. He'd have to win Promoter of the Year at that point

Is he really the person to lead a TNA/GFW spinoff?

I mean between his WCW, TNA, and whats known of GFW there isn't really much success.

I mean its great that he wants to run his own promotion and do things a different way but I feel like he may be part of the problem.

Am I wrong here?

Ithil

Bryan got his favourite flannel shirt on and Paige got her boobs out just to sit at the table and show up for 2 minutes of the episode.

Barrage

ZZ's gonna be in the bottom 3 every week, and skate by with the most votes every week. Th problem with American Idol voting- people don't think about the actual logistics of someone winning who won't be able to handle it.

Ithil

ZZ's gonna be in the bottom 3 every week, and skate by with the most votes every week. Th problem with American Idol- people don't think about the actual logistics of someone winning who won't be able to handle it.

You vote for a boring meathead or you vote for the wacky chubby redneck. It's an inevitable choice.

Fox318

I'm guessing the women are competing for a Total Divas contract.

They could get lucky and have another Trish Stratus.

The two biggest success from WWE of building somebody up without indie or family connections is Kurt Angle, Trish Stratus, maybe Dave Bautista but he had a ton of indie school time.

Ultratech

They could get lucky and have another Trish Stratus.

The two biggest success from WWE of building somebody up without indie or family connections is Kurt Angle, Trish Stratus, maybe Dave Bautista but he had a ton of indie school time.

It's possible.

Or it'll just be another case of somebody winning, getting like 2-3 weeks of TV time then disappearing into the void.

Barrage

Oooh, Hank with the Joe the Plumber angle. Nice.

It actually wouldn't be the end of the world if ZZ won, as long as they make him a manger. Dude can talk.

Ithil

Why did they end the voting like two seconds after they did the promos that's meant to help viewers decide who to vote for?

Fox318

It's possible.

Or it'll just be another case of somebody winning, getting like 2-3 weeks of TV time then disappearing into the void.

That all depends on booking.

Hell Reigns was booked pretty well up until he got injured and started cutting Vince written promos that exposed how green he was.

I know people like to trash on the WCW power plant but they did create goldberg and had they survived they probably would have been doing a pretty good job scouting really young talent.

Goldberg and Sandman are 2 good examples of booking protecting guys with weakness.

HHH may be the biggest example of somebody who was over pushed despite his talent.

I mean look at Mania 2000. That should have been the Rock getting a crowning achievement or Foley getting that huge retirement moment.

Ithil

This new format doesn't really know what it wants to be. It's like halfway the original Tough Enough, halfway some kind of American Idol knockoff.

There's way too many hosts. Jericho is there, then three judges, then also three trainers. The judges said like two sentences each. They way overstuffed it.

LycanXIII

This new format doesn't really know what it wants to be. It's like halfway the original Tough Enough, halfway some kind of American Idol knockoff.

There's way too many hosts. Jericho is there, then three judges, then also three trainers. The judges said like two sentences each. They way overstuffed it.

Renee is also a co-host.

Top Bottom