• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Crazy how fast Paige burned away all her NXT goodwill with me.

It's the fate of all women who get promoted to the main roster.

I hope they can dedicate an entire episode of Swerved to Ryder, following him as Vince keeps promising that he'll appear on an episode of Raw filmed in Long Island only for Ryder's spirit and will to get crushed by the slow realization that Vince got him again with this old gag.

I wish Lawler had busted out "war crate" during the Cena/Owens match during Elimination Chamber. Running it back so quickly stinks of how TNA drove Angle/Samoa Joe into the ground though.

I beat Contra but I used the Konami Code and one continue. Game is shorter than I'd thought it'd be. Still can't beat Super Mario Bros.

Aiii

So not worth it
Last night, people in this thread complained about Cena giving a kid with cancer a shout out, because they're awful people, I guess.

You should feel bad.

NoRéN

Last night, people in this thread complained about Cena giving a kid with cancer a shout out, because they're awful people, I guess.

You should feel bad.

How am i not surprised.

It's ok because he's passing the torch to the smark's dream wrestler. Despite all the crap he's gonna give them what they want.

They need to just redraw this comic with Kevin Owens already

2012-10-03-labors-cmpunk.jpg

Mizerman

You should feel bad.

*Raises left eyebrow*

Really? Although Cena's on screen character annoys me at times, that would never be one of those issues I have with him.

Oh well.

I wish I could remember what date it happened on, but there was an episode of Raw where some kids who were battling cancer had 5 minutes in the limelight, and half the thread was complaining.

PInk Tape

Banned

You should feel bad.

I'm not surprised in the least by this, sadly.

I'll never understand the point of complaining about it. All he's doing is giving a shout out ffs.

I'm not letting this get buried under Raw. I demand satisfaction.

BOOOTS FUCK YOU FOR GIVING ME THAT TOURNAMENT OF DEATH
I HAVE A GIANT PHOBIA OF NEEDLES

I literally hid behind my hands, my girlfriend had to tell me when it was safe to come out. Fucks sake. If you want a GIF of that in the review, you're going to have to fucking do it for me.

Bootay, what is your opinion on the lineup, like really? No BJW guys this year, sadly. I wish they had gotten Eddy and Phantom for this, like IWA-MS is doing for their KOTDM later on. Also, MASADA has stopped working CZW, and that sucks. Guy was legit.

I don't like MASADA, but he definitely had that air of legit-ness about him - the only dudes in the tournament worth a damn this year are Tremont and Gage. I'm expecting that to be the final, but won't rule out some wacky Deej booking ruining things. Eddy would've been awesome and, yeah, sucks there's no BJW guys coming over - you know what would've been crazy awesome now he's back to doing deathmatches? Godamn Onita.

I'm not letting this get buried under Raw. I demand satisfaction.

BOOOTS FUCK YOU FOR GIVING ME THAT TOURNAMENT OF DEATH
I HAVE A GIANT PHOBIA OF NEEDLES

I literally hid behind my hands, my girlfriend had to tell me when it was safe to come out. Fucks sake. If you want a GIF of that in the review, you're going to have to fucking do it for me.

LOL, was that Thumbtack Jack? He had a penchant for needle spots. Didn't realise you had a phobia or I would've warned you ;)

Steve turning on Stone Cold at the end of the podcast was so damn good.

I don't want Steve to die in the ring fighting Bork but shit he sold me on it in two minutes.

I wish All Japan would stop booking Dory, there's a point where you have to say "that dude's too old to still be wrestling" and it was about 10 years ago in Dory's case;

bwJlQgQ.jpg

Crazy thing is, he doesn't just hobble about the ring and throw a few punches, which he could totally get away with - he still wrestles the same way he always has, Japanese armdrag, double-underhook suplex, backdrop suplex, spinning toe hold, etc. Next he's wrestling for Tenryu Project, as a replacement for his younger brother Terry, who had to cancel due to pneumonia.

The .GIF of cancer kid slowly setting his sign down and crying totally made the show last night. Hopefully WWE did something neat for him, he totally earned it.

Also the roster could really learn something from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Recall

Austin / Heyman podcast wasn't as good as their past ones as they've already covered everything to death before but those final few minutes were just awesome. Instantly made something out of nothing and I'm intrigued by the fallout.

Vylash

Still can't stand Cena

The chump is HERE!!!

Typical Cena using something real to cut off any boos at the legs.

What a jackass

This kid vs Conor the crusher the winner gets free treatment for their cancer. Anyone likes dark humor? No? Ok I'm going to hell.

Shut up John Cena

It's really sick of cena to constantly use sick dying cancer kids to get over. Smh and you people are falling for it. How gullible and pathetic you sheeps are.

only one of these is a wrasslegaf quote, all the others are youtube comments, guess which one

Hasney

She dropped her anti-diva gimmick and became just another diva after debuting on Raw.

Well yeah, that's what WWE wants from their main roster divas.

Don't get attached to any woman in NXT that's about to make the jump if it's going to be a dealbreaker. It will happen to all of them.

Valravn

Ain't that the truth.
Im glad Charlotte is still in NXT; maybe she made that match with Natalya deliberately horrible.

Also i thought they wanted to make the Intercontinental Championship meaningful again. And then they gave the title to Ryback.

Valravn

Samoa Joe hopes to be called up to the main roster soon; like they did with Kevin Owens.

Samoey Joey; the Funky Samoan.

Striker

Watching this (weekly) Authority promo, it's not new, but its annoying hearing Stephanie, Hunner, and everyone talk about the "WWE World heavyweight championship". Why can't they just say title? This is really pronounced in this segment. They hate the word belt and really push not to say it - at all - but I didn't think title was included.

Kaiterra

Banned
Watching this (weekly) Authority promo, it's not new, but its annoying hearing Stephanie, Hunner, and everyone talk about the "WWE World heavyweight championship". Why can't they just say title? This is really pronounced in this segment. They hate the word belt and really push not to say it - at all - but I didn't think title was included.

The extreme focus on getting branded terms and catchphrases over really hampers a lot of promos just as much as scripting in general does. It doesn't feel like lines people would actually say to talk to each other, even in an amplified world like pro wrestling.

Top Bottom