• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Botchamania gonna have a field day with that series of technical errors

jn3tLB1.png

7pXDoLx.png

Jeff Jarrett holding up the Legends Global TV King of the Mountain title to close the last TNA PPV ever.

Full circle

Thus ends Total Nonstop Action

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I watched that King of the Mountain match. Stro, Bean, Gorillaz and some others were kind of enough to shed some light on how it worked.

I laughed, and laughed and laughed. There's a big black void in my wrestling lore brain that has always avoided TNA for a long time, and tonight was a re-affirmation of sorts as to why I kept away.

I laughed because it was a reverse ladder match with dipshit stips. And the talent was terrible. I get the feeling if I ever started watching TNA in say, 2012, I'd love how bad it is. But fuck TNA. Hilarious. Just hilariously bad. Anyone who legit watches TNA and enjoys it, I question whether or not you're on their payroll. It was DOGSHIT.

RP912

Banned
Already 2 months of tv tapings in the bag. Nothing happens other than Jarrett getting put in the TNA hall of fame.

Unbelievable....

This is why I tried my hardest to avoid TNA like the plague. They have a live PPV that is suppose to be their last ppv, spends half of the PPV promoting TNA Impact which is about to get the boot from DA, and majority of the upcoming shows are going to end up being spoiled. My head hurts...I never thought in my wildest dreams a promotion would make me have high blood pressure because of the decisions they make.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So, I watched that King of the Mountain match. Stro, Bean, Gorillaz and some others were kind of enough to shed some light on how it worked.

I laughed, and laughed and laughed. There's a big black void in my wrestling lore brain that has always avoided TNA for a long time, and tonight was a re-affirmation of sorts as to why I kept away.

I laughed because it was a reverse ladder match with dipshit stips. And the talent was terrible. I get the feeling if I ever started watching TNA in say, 2012, I'd love how bad it is. But fuck TNA. Hilarious. Just hilariously bad. Anyone who legit watches TNA and enjoys it, I question whether or not you're on their payroll. It was DOGSHIT.

Want to know the crazy thing about it? That's not that far off from the five best performers they had in the company. Just sub JJ for Aries, Matt for Jeff, and maybe Drew for one of the wolves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Want to know the crazy thing about it? That's not that far off from the five best performers they had in the company. Just sub JJ for Aries, Matt for Jeff, and maybe Drew for one of the wolves.

IiLmT53.gif

TNA fans

IiLmT53.gif

TNA talent

IiLmT53.gif

TNA's booking

IiLmT53.gif

TNA

IiLmT53.gif

RP912

Banned
You know there is a crazy TNA fan out there that feels like Jarrett winning the belt is going to put the company back on the map lololololol.

The best part is it's not even their stupidest match

At one point two or so years into their time, they held a 20 man battle royal

Outside the ring

The object of the match was to get in the ring and have a singles match. Apparently only 2 people were capable of overcoming the odds and getting in that ring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My knowledge of TNA is almost zero from its founding until the end of Aces and Eights. I saw it very occasionally during the hogan era. I've got almost all of my knowledge from reading LOLTNA through two or three times and listening to almost every single Review an Impact. I've been watching it on and off since 2012, more so in this taped ahead era because sometimes the spoilers tickle my fancy. It's rough, but honestly, I find it more entertaining than the sleep inducing ROH. It's comfortably bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The best part is it's not even their stupidest match

At one point two or so years into their time, they held a 20 man battle royal

Outside the ring

The object of the match was to get in the ring and have a singles match. Apparently only 2 people were capable of overcoming the odds and getting in that ring.

That is probably one of the funniest goddamned things you can do. As in this is some CHIKARA circa 2010 stuff, done for laughs

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair the game of musical chairs is legitimately one of my favorite WWE segments of all time, and the Reverse Battle Royale is just that.

Kaladin

TNA can be summed up in one phrase: "Good wrestling, shitty booking."

They can put together some great matches, and have done so....but damn they have shitty booking all over the board.

RP912

Banned

They can put together some great matches, and have done so....but damn they have shitty booking all over the board.

Pretty much. TNA has a good roster...well had a good roster. They have good matches which ends in shitty predicaments. A good example is the Aries/Richards match which was amazing...until Roode came out and the match ends with a roll up. Why? Why?

Big One

Banned

Great matches don't really mean anything without strong booking imo. I mean what's the point if wrestlers don't have a proper angle to go alongside it? It doesn't even have to be complicated, but TNA liked to overcomplicate things with it's Russo bullshit.

Cagey

Banned
"Hey Mrs. Cagey, check out this exercise. It'll make your ass look even better!"
Half her weekly workout is not so subtly geared towards that, including a few goofy looking movements, but this exercise may be a bridge too far. First I need to practice this movement myself to demonstrate proper form without needing to resort to those GIFs. I may get slapped. Stay tuned.

Bryan Alvarez said:
8. King of the Mountain match for the KING OF THE MOUNTAIN TITLE which appears to also be the TNA LEGEND'S TITLE with Drew Galloway, Jeff Jarrett, Matt Hardy, Eric Young and Bobby Roode.

Don't even ask me to explain the rules. I'll direct you to this, a 2:23 second video explaining them. TWO MINUTES AND 23 SECONDS.

Fans chanted "THANK YOU JARRETT!" Unless they were cheering for Karen's side-boob, which is possible, that means that the OUTSIDER, whose plan is to WIN AND THEN TAKE THE BELT ELSEWHERE, was the most over guy in the match.

THEN JARRETT WAS PINNED A MOMENT LATER. He's in a box now. He has to be there 2 minutes. Since Roode pinned him, that means he's eligible to climb a ladder and hang the title in a REVERSE LADDER MATCH to become champion.

All true, the above.

It gets better. Everyone is counting down to when he can get out, and then the moment he gets out Eric Young DDT's him and PINS HIM AGAIN.

"Back in the box!" says Josh Matthews.

Matt Hardy and Drew Galloway both got pinfalls somewhere in here, so they became eligible and two men ended up in a box. Josh then got massively confused and had no idea what was going on, and admitted such.

At this point I THINK everyone was eligible except Jeff Jarrett. Tenay said this was the case so I'm presuming this was accurate.

Roode and Eric Young ended up in the cage together so they decided to reunite Team Canada, here in 2015, and work together. Hardy and Galloway got superplexed and sent into the box. The story was Jeff almost got a pin and his eligibility but it was snatched from him.

Jeff finally hit a guitar shot to become eligible. Pope finally figured out that if Jeff won he was going to take the belt with him. Get with the program, dude.

Eric gave Jarrett a piledriver on a ladder bridge. Jarrett sold like he was dead. Nobody bothered to pin him even though it was falls count anywhere. Galloway did a flip dive off the penalty box onto Young, Hardy and Roode. That was pretty cool. He went to climb the ladder.

At this point everyone took turns climbing the ladder and trying to hang the belt. Someone cut them off every time. Even though Jeff was dead, Karen was leading the fans in New Day claps as they chanted for Jarrett. Roode and Young both climbed, and Team Canada immediately broke up again. Eric knocked Roode off and went to climb. Jarrett came back from the dead and gave him a stroke off the ladder, then grabbed the belt, climbed up and hung the title.

JEFF JARRETT IS THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN AND GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING NOW HAS A TNA CHAMPIONSHIP!

Josh wanted to know what this mean for the future. Based on five weeks of tapings already in the can, probably not much.

Top Bottom