• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

I streamed Slammiversary but it was enjoyable. It would have been worth at least $14.99 and comparable to an "In Your House" show. If TNA was still healthy this was just a typical mediocre TNA show.

Kaladin

Someone else celebrated 13 years in the business yesterday....

hAsiYmY.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So 13 years since the business started dying?

lol, that "John Cena is terrible for wrestling" narrative. So wrong, man! So wrong. He's done nothing but good things. Great guy, great figurehead, great workhorse. He's carried popular wrestling on his back for over a decade and has kept it relevant in America.

KingBroly

Banned
At least he's not in the Main Event anymore. It shows people how much worse you get by being in that picture. Cena is much better with the US Title right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least he's not in the Main Event anymore. It shows people how much worse you get by being in that picture. Cena is much better with the US Title right now.

He's a gatekeeper, and his task is to help get new talent over, and he's absolutely been doing that. Been doing that for a heck of a while as well, but lately he's REALLY been generous and helpful to a ton of upcoming talent.

He's a gatekeeper, and his task is to help get new talent over, and he's absolutely been doing that. Been doing that for a heck of a while as well, but lately he's REALLY been generous and helpful to a ton of upcoming talent.

Brays a pedophile and Rusev is getting cuckolded by Dolph. Really getting them over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
eh, i think you give him too much credit

I dunno, it'd be REALLY easy to do like old-timers did and hold a ton of talent down. Last big notable burial like that I remember from Cena was what he did to Barrett. Since then, though, he's been really generous. He's even helped out Papa Powerbomb himself, Fat Boy Kevin Owens to an extreme degree, yet still gets hate from his fans.

Brays a pedophile and Rusev is getting cuckolded by Dolph. Really getting them over.

Eh? Cena's not a part of those feuds.

I dunno, it'd be REALLY easy to do like old-timers did and hold a ton of talent down. Last big notable burial like that I remember from Cena was what he did to Barrett. Since then, though, he's been really generous. He's even helped out Papa Powerbomb himself, Fat Boy Kevin Owens to an extreme degree, yet still gets hate from his fans.

Eh? Cena's not a part of those feuds.

Their current predicament is because there were in a cran fued. Hell Barrett's career is still buried under that pile of chairs

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Their current predicament is because there were in a cran fued. Hell Barrett's career is still buried under that pile of chairs

There's a point where you can no longer just blame Cena for Barruh's poor luck. He's honestly had the worst luck with injuries at the most crucial times. Sure, Cena berrying him with chairs didn't HELP, but at the same time, it didn't instantly kill him. Scenarios like winning the IC belt then losing 5 matches in a row are what poisons a man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No lie Cena been on a roll with the belt, but fuck what he did to Russev in the process :(.

It was the natural progression of things. Rusev had to lose. Past Cena, from a character standpoint, what else was there for Rusev? As much as I love him, I knew it would come to a close. It had to. Streaks were meant to be broken, and will be broken. But it got him over as fuck, and accomplished that. Rusev's a made man. I'm loving his storyline he's in right now, the only blight on that is that worthless Dolph Ziggler just kinda being there, but Sad Rusev is making it amazing. He's a wonderful talent.

klonere

Banned
WWE has far more fundamental problems other than "Cena feuds end up being detrimental to most talent".

Stuff like the stagnant look of the show, the way promos are handled, zero midcard, horrible treatment of female performers, over-reliance on old, stale talent like Big Show/Kane, Raw being 3 hours long, commentary often hindering the talent.....

The list goes on

Can't believe my man Barrett was reduced to commentary on Main Event where he got left lying by King What's Up, this may be even worse than the KotR reigns of Billy Gunn or Sheamus.

At this point I have to assume my personal power of June was all channelled into Kane this month since he actually won matches and chokeslammed Lesnar in 2015.

kiguel182

Cena really put Wyatt over.

Losing at Mania in a decisive fashion is how you push new talent right? Also beating him in the overall feud too.

Also, remember when Cena took the like 3 or 4 Ziggler finishes plus one from Big E and then still beat Dolph?

Good times.

Fox318

why couldn't have Luke Harper superkicked Lesnar to put him down last week

whys it gotta be Kane

why
Because Kane doesn't make HHH look like shit.

It's why he keeps Kane next to him. It always makes HHH look t o in her and better when a 7 foot conspiracy theorist who nevervqears a shirt is next to you.

why couldn't have Luke Harper superkicked Lesnar to put him down last week

whys it gotta be Kane

why

Harper is some unclean bum who was last seen main eventing the oxymoron of a show that is main event, Kane is glorious attitude era alumni.
I should say the answer is obvious.

What's that, why not build new stars? haha, ahhh that's a classic there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who survived Cena feuds?

Randy Orton, Brock, Edge, Batista?

Does Punk count?

Of course. Lots of people survive them. I'm having a hard time, besides Barrett, thinking of people who didn't survive that wouldn't be able to make it on their own - people that Cena clearly derailed. I'm sure someone's keeping track and will say something silly like "Curtis Axel!" or "Ted DiBiase Jr!" or "Dolph Ziggler!" and completely miss the point. Just because you had a feud with Cena doesn't mean that's why you're not anyone.

Raw64life

Who survived Cena feuds?

Randy Orton, Brock, Edge, Batista?

Does Punk count?

Edge is pretty much the only guy who wasn't already an established main eventer when he feuded with Cena and had the feud actually help him take the next step. Everyone Cena has feuded with in the last 10 years was either already established or got buried.

Rusev's current program is potentially harmful. Man has a a fractured foot, stop making him do laps and pratfalls, what the hell is wrong with you WWE?

It's reduced a previously strong character in Lana to a weak valet for Ziggler. She was the leader, the one in charge of Rusev. Now she doesn't even talk. The pairing is doing nothing for anybody.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kane in 2012 survived AND thrived after a Cena feud. Cena brought the Miz to his highest level in 2011, but he couldn't keep him compelling for long. Big Show has survived MULTIPLE feuds with Cena. One would argue he can't get worse, but he's fine. Hell, Cena main evented against R-Truth in 2011. Truth's just fine. He's been helping people, but they don't all fit the main event picture. That's just how it is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev's current program is potentially harmful. Man has a a fractured foot, stop making him do laps and pratfalls, what the hell is wrong with you WWE?

It's reduced a previously strong character in Lana to a weak valet for Ziggler. She was the leader, the one in charge of Rusev. Now she doesn't even talk. The pairing is doing nothing for anybody.

I agree completely with the issues Lana is experiencing. Rusev's doing great with what he's given AND it's keeping him on TV, and in the midst of things.

Sheamus also survived and benefited from a Cena feud. Remember "Sheamus turns tables on Cena"? More generosity, and it helped make Sheamus.

Heroman

Banned
So what count as surviving a cena feud, Bray was able to win multiple feuds post cena and face taker at Wm does that count as surviving?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Juvi is now carrying his #juicystick

h6TJwvL.png

So what count as surviving a cena feud, Bray was able to win multiple feuds post cena and face taker at Wm does that count as surviving?

Sure. Bray's career had WORSE things done to it with that empty Jericho feud that didn't put him over. That was far worse...

jmdajr

When it comes with the likes of Kane and Show... Cena definitely did them a favor. They can't be buried but main event spotlights are nice for them.

RP912

Banned
It was the natural progression of things. Rusev had to lose. Past Cena, from a character standpoint, what else was there for Rusev? As much as I love him, I knew it would come to a close. It had to. Streaks were meant to be broken, and will be broken. But it got him over as fuck, and accomplished that. Rusev's a made man. I'm loving his storyline he's in right now, the only blight on that is that worthless Dolph Ziggler just kinda being there, but Sad Rusev is making it amazing. He's a wonderful talent.

While all of this is true, Russev came into WM 31 in a fucking tank. It's pretty criminal of him losing on the grandest stage of them all, but then again I'm biased. It should have happened at Extreme Rules since it's pretty much Cena's streak. I just hope Russev can pull through the slump because dude looking flabby and sick during those lame segments.

What happening to russev is more of the fact he broke his foot than cena.

True :(. It still didn't help that he been looking like a chump during the remainder of the feud.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
While all of this is true, Russev came into WM 31 in a fucking tank. It's pretty criminal of him losing on the grandest stage of them all, but then again I'm biased. It should have happened at Extreme Rules since it's pretty much Cena's streak. I just hope Russev can pull through the slump because dude looking flabby and sick during those lame segments.

He had to lose there, though. He just had to. And I'd argue his loss didn't actually hurt him at all, not his character. Being dragged into a weird feud with flavorless Dolph Ziggler, now that's some real hurtin there daddeh.

kiguel182

Sunny is counting Kane and Big Show as up and comers so I guess we can just define things the way we want them.

I guess the idea is that after feuding with Cena the new guys are not elevated and end up in a worst situation that they were.

Case in point, Wyatt.

jmdajr

Even on crutches Rusev is great. I see a lot more conviction in him than Wade. A lot. That's just how I feel.

I still think he becomes World Champ.

Top Bottom