• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

RP912

Banned
It's an interesting challenge for Uncle Dana. Find someone who CAN'T beat Punk, that is an actual MMA fighter. It's a challenge. So the bet gets interesting on whether Pank will win or lose.

Even the most "glass joe" type of fighter would be overqualified to make Punk look good. The question is...where does Punk go if he loses his first UFC match?

Plans to also debut "Charles" Bronson Lee, and Doc "Dunkin'" Steel

dok-hendrix.jpg

oh no

I bet stro made you do this, that dang scoundrel.

galvatron

Even the most "glass joe" type of fighter would be overqualified to make Punk look good. The question is...where does Punk go if he loses his first UFC match?

Get Yves Lavigne in there for the bad stoppage (or ref slips and misses a foul) Dusty finish...

So I saw both Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger within the last two days and I gotta say, Harrison Ford is absolutely great when it comes to being an unassuming, kinda boring/awkward desk dweeb. Gonna watch Hunt for Red October since I hear great things about that one. What say you, WrassleGAF, what do you think of Tom Clancy's body of work?

jmdajr

So I saw both Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger within the last two days and I gotta say, Harrison Ford is absolutely great when it comes to being an unassuming, kinda boring/awkward desk dweeb. Gonna watch Hunt for Red October since I hear great things about that one. What say you, WrassleGAF, what do you think of Tom Clancy's body of work?

I like those movies.

Aiii

So not worth it
I want Punk to win, no CRUSH, whoever they put up against him now just to see all the salt in this thread and on the rest of the Internet.

It will be glorious and highly entertaining, so it must happen.

Patriot Games got real boring at some point. Sean Bean was just so one-dimensional to me. Clear and Present was way more badass.

Clark+Domingo 4 lyfe

I want Punk to win, no CRUSH, whoever they put up against him now just to see all the salt in this thread and on the rest of the Internet.

It will be glorious and highly entertaining, so it must happen.

Punk losing would bring the same amount of entertainment, tbh

Heel

CM Punk just recently moved to Milwaukee to be closer to Roufusport and Coach Cush. It's only a matter of time before he's been completely emasculated as a human, his nose deflowered, nothing but an oft-injured fighting machine with no will of his own.

Coketruck

Great movies, especially Red October and Clear and Present Danger. I wish they would have made a movie based on "Red Storm Rising" even though it's not a Jack Ryan story, but oh well.

Red Storm Rising is his best novel. FACT.

Jezbollah

Red October as a flick is pretty great. I think Alec Baldwin did an OK job.

Without Remorse, Cardinal Of The Kremlin and Debt Of Honor are particular favourites of mine. I dont think we'll see the latter ever become a film given that
the ending has a Japanese pilot crash a 747 into the Capitol building

Recall

Punk has stated repeatedly he doesn't care of he loses. He gave it a go and if it doesn't work he just moves on.

This blood thirst everyone has to laugh at him if he fails, he hasn't failed, he is doing far more interesting shit than us nerds sat behind a keyboard or on a phone. He doesn't give a shit is his UFC career is a joke, it was an experience, a huge paycheck and an extra story to chronicle his life.

I'm jealous as I wish my jobs were as entertaining as his.

The hatred WrassleGAF has for Punk is a little over the top though

Deep down we're all lashing out after we lost one of the few people who could make a segment interesting on Raw even when he was trapped in the Punkverse.

Or some people want to see his grouchy face punched in, who knows?

Kaladin

Who is buying JJ guitars?

They were a tempting deal back when TNA ran house shows.

In their hay day, people bought them and they came with lifetime backstage passes at TNA house shows. All you had to do was bring it with you and you got into the back stage meet and greet they always did. Don West legit almost sold me one in person, but I thought better of it.....they were like closer to $200 or so then.

Recall

Reminds me when people were labelling Punk bitter. No shit he was bitter, there is nothing wrong with being bitter and taking your time to get over it. He admitted it and moved on.

WWE is some of the worst written, booked and performed mainstream wrestling known to man. We are all stupid for enjoying this type of entertainment, we really are.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There's not one he can beat, even at 125 lbs. An thasa straight up shoot.

Agreed friend. I feel like if CM Phil was really killing it in training, there would be more talk around it. Duke still won't discuss any of the "mock fights" they're putting him through.

Recall

2006 to 2015 WWE just runs together as the same. How was 2011 any different then say 2014?

I miss when a year genuinely had it's own identity.

Cagey

Banned
I loaded the FFXIV demo trial on my Playstation Four.

The first news item that pops up is news about Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding. How to apply, what garments the bride and groom should wear, how to pick the right venue, how many guests to invite to your magical ceremony, the officiant and type of ceremony, the gifts for the guests, special chocobo limousine rental.

This is the shit Xavier Woods has a YouTube channel about huh.

And the tuxedos and gowns are such tacky, garish affairs that would have Tim Gunn shuddering. How do I become a digital designer to remedy such disasters in Final Fantasy formalwear? What level do I need to be.

Kaladin

Lana and Ziggler you can kind of excuse.

WWE booking is always at it's worse when they have to work around sudden injuries.

They have a long track record of angles you can point to that have they had to change quickly because of injuries and they either just kind of tread water or sucked.

Heel

Agreed friend. I feel like if CM Phil was really killing it in training, there would be more talk around it. Duke still won't discuss any of the "mock fights" they're putting him through.

The fact that he moved to Milwaukee tells me that Duke and Cush had a "Come to Jesus Meeting" in regards to his progress as a mixed martialist.

It won't be long until he's greenlit on a daily basis, battered until he becomes a moldable husk of humanity. Single, without friends, every dollar to his name tied into Roufusport affiliate gyms, both rotator cuffs turned into cotton candy, with only Coach Cush's shoulder to cry on. Only then will he find the way.

TOD is all done. Have a taster.

Ms5hnuUm.png

Wikipedia tells me Gage hit an artery and they had to airlift him out... We get a backstage shot of Gage covered in blood again, with people saying "Call 911 right now" and "Get to DJ's house." The audio cuts out for a moment, then comes back with the medical person (I'm not going to assume they're trained) saying "I'm just trying to save your life". Gage replies "It hurts! Just wrap it up, I've got one move to do". 3 separate people firmly tell him "NO" before the audio cuts again. Gage again says he's got one move to do. The medical person is freaking out on the phone to 911. Gage keeps trying to go out and finish. Then he tries to cut a promo and tells the medical person to shut up. He then tells them to cut the camera, and that's where we end. Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Entropia

No One Remembers
TOD is all done. Have a taster.

Wikipedia tells me Gage hit an artery and they had to airlift him out... We get a backstage shot of Gage covered in blood again, with people saying "Call 911 right now" and "Get to DJ's house." The audio cuts out for a moment, then comes back with the medical person (I'm not going to assume they're trained) saying "I'm just trying to save your life". Gage replies "It hurts! Just wrap it up, I've got one move to do". 3 separate people firmly tell him "NO" before the audio cuts again. Gage again says he's got one move to do. The medical person is freaking out on the phone to 911. Gage keeps trying to go out and finish. Then he tries to cut a promo and tells the medical person to shut up. He then tells them to cut the camera, and that's where we end. Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Tournament of Death indeed... :|

https://twitter.com/VelVelHoller/status/615628332474851328
https://twitter.com/VelVelHoller/status/615653643606474753

So everybody at TNA has officially given up even looking professional before they shutter

Hoooooly shit.

Thorakai

Speaking of dumb tweets, did Jay Briscoe provide an insightful analysis on the historic Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage?

Top Bottom