• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Taylor's impact on this thread is impressive.
G6XBcNu.gif

... does she walk crotch first?

Heel, are you a Lena Dunham fan?

I find her too awkward and annoying. My wife seems to enjoy her work though, so maybe I don't get it because I'm a horrible man.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
i like this gif
reasons for which i like it include (in no particular order):
it has Taylor Swift in it
it has a wrestling move in it
it's not 70 MB in size

Good point. Man, I still want to stomp a mudhole in dream's ass for those shenanigans.

ed: ^^ Kofi will be dead twice if he tries anything on Brock's watch. Japan's bad enough, doesn't need to get cocky on PPV too.

... does she walk crotch first?

I find her too awkward and annoying. My wife seems to enjoy her work though, so maybe I don't get it because I'm a horrible man.

I like Girls and the work she's done for the LGBT community. I hate that her feminism doesn't always seem focused on POC, and the stuff she did to her sister (although her sister publicly said she didn't care about or think anything of anything that wasn't Lena outing her, which was still fucking awful, so I can't judge anything but that fairly)

Also be nice to friend Dream, who lives on the edge. The edge of no Internet bandwidth limits regarding gif size.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We've basically only had the guy who teases run ins left and right (and usually loses a bunch, but not always) while he has the case with the only slight variation being whether or not he has a manservant to carry it around/use it as a weapon on PPV. With Brock getting it and being off tv a lot it would truly be a surprise when he does it.

Brock wins the briefcase, declares he won't cash in until WrestleMania and then a terrified roster plays hot potato with the belt for the better part of a year, hoping against all hope that they aren't left standing as the champion come Mania weekend.

The first time I saw KO, I thought who is this fat beer belly guy who looks like he is a bouncer at a local bar in some podunk town.Last night I was wondering if Sami was watching thinking that should be me. Man opportunity really is everything.

I have been nothing but impressed with his work. Also Kudos to that joke of a wrestler Cena for agreeing to take some of those bumps last night, even though he protects himself too much on the powerbomb. I give that chump more credit today because he didn't bury Owens last night.

Every complement I give Cena is back handed, because hes been back handing me for over a decade now.

Anyways Good PPV.

Owens
Neville
Rollins

All have me excited for the future.
I like Ambrose, I think hes a little over rated, and too much into the ECW hardcore BS.

Roman is cool, I like him.

Future is bright.

Taylor Swift is awesome.

Let's see Taylor Swift cover this like our boy Dean Ambrose. Then, we can talk.

ARRRRRREEEEE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!!?

C-Z-W!
C! Z! W!

C! Z! W!

The blood...
The pride...
Survive...
You're forsaken, your bones are breakin'...
yeahhhh...

Like the nights and like the tribes, that come to battle on this night:
The ring's the field, the field of war, it's where we lay the law...

LAYIN' THE LAW, ONCE AGAIN, PREPARE FOR WAR...
CZW!
AN EYE FOR AN EYE, TO LIVE AND TO DIE, YOU'VE BEEN DENIED...
CZW!

The blood...
The pride...
Survive...
You're forsaken, your bones are breakin'...
yeahhhh...

Like the nights and like the tribes, that come to battle on this night:
The ring's the field, the field of war, it's where we lay the law...

C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
C!Z!W!
YOU'VE BEEN DENIEDDDDDDD!

C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!

ceezeedubayu...

CZW!

C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!

C!Z!W!
C!Z!W!

youvebeendenied...

C!Z!W!
C!Z!W

jmdajr

Brock wins the briefcase, declares he won't cash in until WrestleMania and then a terrified roster plays hot potato with the belt for the better part of a year, hoping against all hope that they aren't left standing as the champion come Mania weekend.

Nah. I rather he be trolling with his music randomly playing scaring the shit out of people.

jmdajr

The first time I saw KO, I thought who is this fat beer belly guy who looks like he is a bouncer at a local bar in some podunk town.Last night I was wondering if Sami was watching thinking that should be me. Man opportunity really is everything.

I have been nothing but impressed with his work. Also Kudos to that joke of a wrestler Cena for agreeing to take some of those bumps last night, even though he protects himself too much on the powerbomb. I give that chump more credit today because he didn't bury Owens last night.

Every complement I give Cena is back handed, because hes been back handing me for over a decade now.

Anyways Good PPV.

Owens
Neville
Rollins

All have me excited for the future.
I like Ambrose, I think hes a little over rated, and too much into the ECW hardcore BS.

Roman is cool, I like him.

Future is bright.

Taylor Swift is awesome.

Owens is deceptive. He starts out with headlocks and punches making you think he can only do basic stuff, and then he starts doing flips and shit.

Gutsy call by HHH but I think it's gonna pan out.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think there's a solid chance Brock never wins the belt again. It's the Shield's time, playboys. Everybody else better line up for John Cena Open Invitationals.

Recall

Owens is deceptive. He starts out with headlocks and punches making you think he can only do basic stuff, and then he starts doing flips and shit.

It's called a showcase match. It highlighted his move set, it showed that he had multiple ways to destroy you and it's established his presence so when he hits those moves in matches down the line against random roster members the crowd will know to fear the move and respond accordingly.

Psychology, no?

I think there's a solid chance Brock never wins the belt again. It's the Shield's time, playboys. Everybody else better line up for John Cena Open Invitationals.

I'm fine with him never getting it again, and he had a good enough reign it wouldn't be a bad thing. It's just clear he's facing Seth at some point, and people here want it to be with him having MITB.

Owens is deceptive. He starts out with headlocks and punches making you think he can only do basic shit, and then he starts doing flips and shit.

It was sad and funny reading people in the other thread bitch about the beginning of the match saying Owens is overrated and how boring the match is. I don't know why people expect high impact moves so early like it's a Brock Lesnar match.

Recall

It was sad and funny reading people in the other thread bitch about the beginning of the match saying Owens is overrated and how boring the match is. I don't know why people expect high impact moves so early like it's a Brock Lesnar match.

People are impatient unwilling to let a match tell a story.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The match was boring. The 'story' they told was all over the map and didn't fit the 'feud' at all. The only thing that came out of that match was Kevin Owens and John Cena having x99 finishers/signatures stored. And I generally like both guys alright.

jmdajr

It's called a showcase match. It highlighted his move set, it showed that he had multiple ways to destroy you and it's established his presence so when he hits those moves in matches down the line against random roster members the crowd will know to fear the move and respond accordingly.

Psychology, no?

I think it's great. I don't know what to say for those that don't think so.

Owens is really good. I am very impressed with him.

Zach

Stardust/Ryder: Bored. D

Tag Championship: Some fun spots, etc. etc. C+

Women's Championship: They tried. D+

Owens/Cena: Still annoyed that dudes are always kicking out of finishers. B+

Neville/Dallas: Unremarkable. C-

Intercontinental Championship: Shameful. F

World Championship: Somewhat boring and predictable and by-the-numbers-y, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have a bit of excitement well up when ol' Ambrose got the three-count. I don't know if he should be a top guy, but the reaction he got for the "win" was cool. C+
Overall: C-

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bo needs to be gone after last night's showing.

Fuck that. Terrible. Like Doc Gallows level of 'Inoki comes out and slaps the booker for booking this fucking waste'.

NoRéN

Jeesus!!! I said something similar to this should happen last month!!!

I'm having Bootaaay levels of fantasy booking ideas!!!

Owens said Flair is overrated as fuck and is worse than Cena.

BS, no one would say that and be legitimate, that's for people who don't know what they are talking about.

Flair is the greatest wrestler who ever lived. And there is no dispute.

Bo Dallas was amazing levels of bad last night. That was a pooor performance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
From the May thread: So Brock is working with Kofi. And Kofi's in the MITB ladder match. Hmm...

How is it random? It's a ladder match and Kofi is the designated spot guy. (the preferred carny nomenclature is "spot monkey," but I feel like its probably a bad idea to call a black wrestler that, so someone's gonna have to invent new carny lingo for that)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What are Big Show and Randy up to? Movies? Vacation?

Orton simply has nothing to do because the build for EC had no real place for him (they already had to shoehorn Roman Reigns into the event for no real reason and for about 60 seconds or something) and Big Show is apparently just old and beat up.

jmdajr

This one time on the Stone Cold Steven Austin podcast.

Steve on people telling him Flair is overrated.

"I hear it all the time, people telling me... 'How many times does a motherfucker have to go to the top rope and realize it's not gonna fucking work.' "

Saying that, Flair is still his favorite wrestler of all time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like I've heard Austin say his favorite wrestler of all time is Bruiser Brody too though. Like most people, it probably changes from week to week.

Rick Rude is better than Ric Flair.

Top Bottom