• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

pb5ZuEe.jpg

... Alucard?

iMax

Just listened to Jericho's new podcast. Kevin Owens' son is a "huge" Cena fan. Sunday night must've been interesting in their house.

somedevil

From Meltzer on Elimination chamber:

WWE was the second biggest searched topic yesterday on Google with 200,000, which is along the lines of what a fairly good performing B show would do. Kim Kardashian was the only thing above WWE. While most of the searches were for Elimination Chamber, the most searched for wrestler yesterday was Kevin Owens.

So the show did very well. I wonder if they will do another. Plus Owens continuing his hot streak.

I've consistently heard Austin say Flair is his favorite all-time. No one else. It sounds like Bret is his second fav, too.

And Flair is better than Rude. Except on Rick Rude Appreciation Tuesdays.

Thank you man. I mean really its just ridiculous to think otherwise.

BOOOTS FUCK YOU FOR GIVING ME THAT TOURNAMENT OF DEATH
I HAVE A GIANT PHOBIA OF NEEDLES

I literally hid behind my hands, my girlfriend had to tell me when it was safe to come out. Fucks sake. If you want a GIF of that in the review, you're going to have to fucking do it for me.

ed: ^^ Kofi will be dead twice if he tries anything on Brock's watch. Japan's bad enough, doesn't need to get cocky on PPV too.

I like Girls and the work she's done for the LGBT community. I hate that her feminism doesn't always seem focused on POC, and the stuff she did to her sister (although her sister publicly said she didn't care about or think anything of anything that wasn't Lena outing her, which was still fucking awful, so I can't judge anything but that fairly)

Also be nice to friend Dream, who lives on the edge. The edge of no Internet bandwidth limits regarding gif size.
she outed her sister? That's fucked.

I wonder if Cena is going to address the Owens pin controversy from last night on Raw
something somethung....Hustle....something something....Loyalty.... something something.... Respect.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think this was my favourite WWE (non NXT) PPV of the year. Really sad I got spoiled the ending of the main event and of the Owens/Cena match.

This had great matches, some great twists and turns and a lot of stuff changed and advanced. Exactly as it should.

Every PPV should bring in new stories and new stuff and this one did. So awesome stuff.

And this is the perfect use for Reigns. If they just repackage him a little bit they will easily salvage him in 6 months time.

Ideally, Ambrose wins the title and Reigns gets all jealous and goes heel
KuGsj.gif

Sabucin

I just want to quote Maffew (Botchamania maker):
Not since Orton & Edge vs. HBK & HHH at New Year's Revolution has a match fallen apart like last night's IC Title Elimination Chamber.

So King Barrett throws Dolph Ziggler into Mark Henry's UNBREAKABLE PEXIGLASS THAT THEY USE IN ARMOURED VEHICLES MIGGLE causing it to fall off, leaving Henry to stand there with his thumb up his arse before deciding to join the match as JBL asks out loud if this is legal before getting shouted at via headset.

It became obvious Henry had jumped his cue as the match fell apart so badly that Ziggler had to resort to shouting orders at everyone like Sgt. Hartman to get something resembling a match together.

Oh and then Sheamus' door stuck. This was all this match needed, because it was a planned spot that managed to look like a fuck-up because everybody was doing very convincing impressions of people who had no idea what was going on. It looked like Sheamus blocked the lock with his necklace to get the advantage (which makes sense, let everyone kill each other and then get what's left) but when he pulled the necklace out, all we got from the commentators said was JBL going ''Oh he fixed it!''

Not even they knew what was happening. Or maybe Sheamus saw what was happening outside and went ''er my door doesn't work. Aye that's it.''

I feel bad putting Dolph's spot-calling in Botchamania because at least somebody was trying to fix the match. Unlike Mark Henry who stood there watching Barrett & Ziggler wrestle right in front of him and broke up a pin-fall attempt in an elimination match just because he was looking for something to do.

Oh and R-Truth pinned King Barrett.

It's the current favourite for Most Botched Match Of The Year and God help us if anything beats it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reigns wins MITB. Ambrose wins the title from Seth and Reigns turns heel and cashes in on Ambrose on the same night.

Wrestling shouldn't be this hard. It practically writes itself.

Bork's return throws a lot of wrenches into plausible title-picture stuff around SummerSlam though.

The obvious pay-off for this is the Triple Threat Shield reunion match.

Angry Grimace

Reigns turning heel to stop Ambrose from winning the title would be pretty good.

The obvious possible pay-off for this entire angle is a Triple Threat match with all three Shield members for the title to headline SummerSlam, but unless Bork randomly starts a new feud and just forgets about Rollins cashing in on him at WrestleMania, that's not very likely, I think. Besides, its WWE, they'll just slow burn that shit until its not interesting any more.

iMax

The obvious possible pay-off for this entire angle is a Triple Threat match with all three Shield members for the title to headline SummerSlam, but unless Bork randomly starts a new feud and just forgets about Rollins cashing in on him at WrestleMania, that's not very likely, I think.

Nah, give the case to some nobody and have them cash-in on the inevitable Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose triple-threat Mania main event.

Cue Shield heel turn.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been perusing the Gaming Community sub-forum lately. There's seemingly a following for every game. In Pro Wrestling terms, every Gaming Community thread is a Full Sail crowd compared to the Gaming forum's "Mark Town" crowd.

Some of them are more Impact Zone though.

That IC Title match was almost fascinating in how terrible it was. How many accrued years of in-ring experience were there in that cage, for THAT result? Mark Henry pretty much pissed away any good will I ever had for him, R-Truth pinned the King of the Ring randomly, Dolph Ziggler proved he's pointless in any match where he can't artificially introduce drama by pinballing around for someone, Ryback just looked like shit, and Sheamus, great as he is, had nothing interesting to do except a planned cheating spot that got lost in the clusterfuck.

Kaiterra

Banned
Brock wins the briefcase, declares he won't cash in until WrestleMania and then a terrified roster plays hot potato with the belt for the better part of a year, hoping against all hope that they aren't left standing as the champion come Mania weekend.

Except Roman Reigns. Roman doesn't just want to be THE GUY, he wants to set right what went wrong at Wrestlemania 31 by guaranteeing his rematch with Lesnar. That'd be great.

So did Owens really pin John Cena? #teamrealpin

He had the chance to make himself a star if only he had shoot pinned Cena, but because he won with a scripted pin he'll never make it in this business.

Remaking that movie makes no damn sense. Unless they set it in the 80s all over again at LEAST?

That IC Title match was almost fascinating in how terrible it was. How many accrued years of in-ring experience were there in that cage, for THAT result? Mark Henry pretty much pissed away any good will I ever had for him, R-Truth pinned the King of the Ring randomly, Dolph Ziggler proved he's pointless in any match where he can't artificially introduce drama by pinballing around for someone, Ryback just looked like shit, and Sheamus, great as he is, had nothing interesting to do except a planned cheating spot that got lost in the clusterfuck.

Even considering that Rusev getting injured had to be a huge curveball in booking/laying out that match considering the story going in was all about him and Ziggler, they had like a week to prepare. It's pretty awful considering that.

I don't know how many more of these 20 minute opening promos I can take. I now see what everyone has been complaining about. Rollins talks way too fucking much and Jamie Noble doesn't talk enough. It's always the same shit too.

Kaiterra

Banned
I don't know how many more of these 20 minute opening promos I can take. I now see what everyone has been complaining about. Rollins talks way too fucking much and Jamie Noble doesn't talk enough. It's always the same shit too.

It's like watching a TV show where every episode is the recap episode. You'd think that by hiring TV writers they'd write better for TV.

I was at the show last night. It was more than a decade since I've seen live wrassiling (A WCW Nitro) in Dallas. It was a pretty fun experience. Parking and leaving sucked tho

kiguel182

Reposting from the other thread:

I think this was my favourite WWE (non NXT) PPV of the year. Really sad I got spoiled the ending of the main event and of the Owens/Cena match.

This had great matches, some great twists and turns and a lot of stuff changed and advanced. Exactly as it should.

Every PPV should bring in new stories and new stuff and this one did. So awesome stuff.

And this is the perfect use for Reigns. If they just repackage him a little bit they will easily salvage him in 6 months time.

Angry Grimace

Its WWE.

The Ambrose-Rollins feud is going to just be Ambrose doing practical jokes that result in Rollins getting slime in his face. Then Ambrose will get booked to get squashed by Sheamus in a midcard bout with nothing on the line.

NoRéN

I've learned to start RAW about an hour after it airs live. With all the fast forwarding I tend to catch up before it ends.

Top Bottom