• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

klonere

Banned
Gotta love Vinny Ru, what a legend.

God bless

Overall: C-

Stardust/Ryder: Pointless. Cody why :( D -

Tag Championship: Everyone tried goddamnit. An experiment that didn't quite pan out. Hope PTP get the push. C+

Women's Championship: Nothing with several near deaths. D-

Owens/Cena: If you want to see the difference between NXT and main roster, this match is it. Training mode with constant full Ultra bar spamming finishers. Ugh. I hope they sell Owens moves more against lesser dudes, I guess it still is John Cena. Rematches have nowhere to go without gimmicks or blood. B-

Neville/Dallas: Bo looked kinda menacing but man. This was nothing. Neville is out of a stall into free fall. D.

Intercontinental Championship: December to Dismember was better and had better spots. Sheamus should have busted out and Brogue Kicked everyone for a quick win. Terrible. F

World Championship: Nothing happened then Dean "won". Dean's espresso with the title. C

Please don't script Dean he can't do it and don't go to Corpus Christi anymore. Overall C.

Aiii

So not worth it
si54JN2.png

Gotta love Vinny Ru, what a legend.

To this day, people let this guy book their wrestling shows, absolutely amazing.

Russo always seems to be desperate to talk about how wrestling is fake, perhaps fueled by nostalgia for the time when the ''booker'' controlled everything, all our emotions, our reactions etc. He hits us over the head with it at all times in order to kill any entertaining, creative debate we could have, as if fans of other creative art forms don't suspend disbelief at all times. People were probably saying ''Owens beat Cena within the confines of this particular universe therefore he's a star within the logic of said universe'' but he just runs to ''IT'S FAKE'' really he's lost in a hellish post modern meta fictional worked shoot reality. He should look deep inside himself to find the root of his inability to deal with the certain realities, he's probably suffering a lot psychologically and lashes out with the use of insider terms and hurtful kayfabe tinged inter-textual commentary. Might be a defense mechanism for him.

Or maybe he's just a cunt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As Dusty finishes go, this was actually a very well done one at least. I mean, it was definitely the Dustiest of Finishes, but its a throwaway PPV they invented for god knows what reason and they pretty much needed some justification for Dean actually winning a PPV match without actually taking the belt of Rollins.

I actually thought the Owens match was just okay, basically the same as all the fights outside of the IC match, which was atrocious.

Toki767

Cena vs Owens isn't even going to make it to SummerSlam.

There's still the July show. Don't tell me we're going to get Cena vs Owens for the next 3 shows.

Zach

I feel like I've heard Austin say his favorite wrestler of all time is Bruiser Brody too though. Like most people, it probably changes from week to week.

Rick Rude is better than Ric Flair.
I've consistently heard Austin say Flair is his favorite all-time. No one else. It sounds like Bret is his second fav, too.

And Flair is better than Rude. Except on Rick Rude Appreciation Tuesdays.

MG310

I was happy with Cena taking a clean pin but think they may have rushed the whole thing.

We pretty much already got to see the Owens equivalent of Seth busting out that Phoenix Splash or Brock's SSP had it been successful. Where does an Owens/Cena match go from there? More finishers?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena vs Owens isn't even going to make it to SummerSlam.

There's still the July show. Don't tell me we're going to get Cena vs Owens for the next 3 shows.

What the gimmick for Battleground even supposed to be? Just "this is a PPV that fills the gap between Summerslam and MITB?"

I was happy with Cena taking a clean pin but think they may have rushed the whole thing.

We pretty much already got to see the Owens equivalent of Seth busting out that Phoenix Splash or Brock's SSP had it been successful. Where does an Owens/Cena match go from there? More finishers?

It did feel very indie special move spotfest, but you know what... I don't care.

Kaladin

Soooo looking over the OP I just noticed that CZW's Tournament of Death event has a LOL (Ladders, Orange Sacks & Legos) Deathmatch.

Ladders....Orange Sacks and Legos.

WTF.

I kind of want to see that.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Soooo looking over the OP I just noticed that CZW's Tournament of Death event has a LOL (Ladders, Orange Sacks & Legos) Deathmatch.

Ladders....Orange Sacks and Legos.

WTF.

I kind of want to see that.
Now I KNOW they're insane. There is nothing more painful than stepping on a Lego barefoot, and they're going to take bumps of a LADDER on those!?!?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I am pretty sure all Finn Balor does on twitter is re-tweet little jimmies whose mom put on facepaint like he has.

Decided to start watching the 98raws .

Raw open wide with a nice little shamrock/ farooq match setting up the IC match at the ppv.

Next Barry windam randomly appeared and wrestled J E DOUBLE F for the NW a title .

So far a million times better than today's product. Also a million times more South Park

Entropia

No One Remembers

Raw open wide with a nice little shamrock/ farooq match setting up the IC match at the ppv.

Next Barry windam randomly appeared and wrestled J E DOUBLE F for the NW a title .

So far a million times better than today's product. Also a million times more South Park

Fun fact: I googled "South Park Wrestlers" and this image came from an Angelfire site. Did not know that site was still active.

klonere

Banned

the nwa stuff was horrible, boring trash

#fact

Kaladin

HighSpots has released a documentary on IWA Deep South's Carnage Cup death match tournament:

In August 2005 promoter Kevin Brannen formed IWA Deep-South and set out to fulfill his dream of running deathmatch tournaments. It's been 10 years and here we are at Carnage Cup 10. This documentary film delves into the history of each Carnage Cup and pulls back the curtain on all the controversies that have followed. From the first event being shut down by police, numerous gruesome injuries, being banned from building after building to present day as Kevin and his crew prepare for Carnage Cup 10. This film also takes a look inside the minds of Deathmatch Wrestlers, willing to dish out and receive brutality all for the sake of entertaining the fans. 10 Years of Carnage chronicles a decade of "violence for the sake of violence" and the people who have loved every second of it.

The documentary is one hour and 37 minutes. Bonus Features for the DVD set are:

Saw 4 Finals with Commentary
*XPW announcer Kriss Kloss Interview
*Extended Comments From Corporal Robinson, Chuey Martinez and more. *The First Razor Wire Board Extra
*90 minutes of additional Bonus Footage.

That should be right up Bootaaay's alley.

Man, Tommy Rogers passed away :(

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...es/42831-qfantasticq-tommy-rogers-passes-away

RIP

Cjlgs8R.gif

HighSpots has released a documentary on IWA Deep South's Carnage Cup death match tournament:

That should be right up Bootaaay's alley.

This sounds like fun, except the interview with the XPW commentator. Fuck that guy. You know how after Joey Styles everyone had to have a signature "OH MY GAWD!" phrase on commentary? Yeah, well XPW guy's was "OMG, SOMEBODY CALL 911!!" and it was/is super annoying.

Kaladin

This sounds like fun, except the interview with the XPW commentator. Fuck that guy. You know how after Joey Styles everyone had to have a signature "OH MY GAWD!" phrase on commentary? Yeah, well XPW guy's was "OMG, SOMEBODY CALL 911!!" and it was/is super annoying.

To be fair, there wasn't a lot about XPW that wasn't annoying.

Jamie OD

As Dusty finishes go, this was actually a very well done one at least. I mean, it was definitely the Dustiest of Finishes, but its a throwaway PPV they invented for god knows what reason and they pretty much needed some justification for Dean actually winning a PPV match without actually taking the belt of Rollins.

Also we now have a good angle for the WWE Title to focus on instead of just waiting for Brock to come back.

Posting like that just proves that I am wrassleGAF's number one Rick Rude and Rick Rude theme fan

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure Rude would have eventually became one of the greatest ever had he not been injured. He just kept getting better every year. ;-;

Crew cut Rude's better than mullet Rude. You people know it to be true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure Rude would have eventually became one of the greatest ever had he not been injured. He just kept getting better every year. ;-;

Crew cut Rude's better than mullet Rude. You people know it to be true.

I don't know anyone who feels otherwise on the hair. Mullet was kind of goofy but fun. Crew cut turned him into TMF.

I don't know anyone who feels otherwise on the hair. Mullet was kind of goofy but fun. Crew cut turned him into TMF.

Nostalgia makes a lot of people say stupid things... :c Although he generally seemed to be just far more intimidating in WCW. More ferocious, hateful, gutteral promos, generally more mean-spirited, and his physique actually somehow got even bulkier in size. Didn't appreciate his brilliance for ages, due to how loathsome he was.

EDIT: That said, I wish he was booked to win cleanly more often. It's actually kinda unconvincing for him to ever lose, I mean, look at him. Only Vader could convincingly beat his ass.

Yass.

Top Bottom