• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Gonzalez

Banned
Chuckie T ain't getting no contract with that wimpy body of his

Best hit up Neville for some 'supplements'
Really? He looked like he was in really good wrestling shape(the I just took a shit ton of roids to get noticed by Vince look) the last time I saw him.

Kaladin

What is Samoa Joe's finisher?

He kept the muscle buster.

samoa-joe-muscle-buster-o.gif

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Who would you even pick up from TNA?

TNA has a lot of talent that could be utilized in some shape or form for the WWE:

1) Samoa Joe-like signings for NXT: Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Rockstar Spud, Magnus
2) Tag-Team signing: The Wolves
3) More Mexican talent to fill the void left by Rey: Tigre Uno
4) Retirement runs: Angle, Hardys, Kim, Mickie James, MVP
5) Repackage: Havok, Manik, Bram, Gunner
6) NXT Enhancement: Abyss, James Storm, Eric Young

In terms of others, I don't see Tyrus, Galloway, Mr. Anderson, Ethan Carter III, Awesome Kong, Taryn Terrell, or Low Ki getting another chance with WWE for awhile.

From the list of recent tryouts, I'd hope Athena, Havok, Taeler Hendrix, Biff Busick, and Johnny Gargano get signed.

WWE should hit up Bully Ray and D-Von to compete on NXT as they are doing with Rhyno. Both are well known and will entertain while the new talent continue to improve and become ready (Gable, Uhaa, Vasquez, Braun Stowman etc.)

Sephzilla

TNA has a lot of talent that could be utilized in some shape or form for the WWE:

1) Samoa Joe-like signings for NXT: Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Rockstar Spud, Magnus
2) Tag-Team signing: The Wolves
3) More Mexican talent to fill the void left by Rey: Tigre Uno
4) Retirement runs: Angle, Hardys, Kim, Mickie James, MVP
5) Repackage: Havok, Manik, Bram, Gunner
6) NXT Enhancement: Abyss, James Storm, Eric Young

In terms of others, I don't see Tyrus, Galloway, Mr. Anderson, Ethan Carter III, Awesome Kong, Taryn Terrell, or Low Ki getting another chance with WWE for awhile.

From the list of recent tryouts, I'd hope Athena, Havok, Taeler Hendrix, Biff Busick, and Johnny Gargano get signed.

WWE should hit up Bully Ray and D-Von to compete on NXT as they are doing with Rhyno. Both are well known and will entertain while the new talent continue to improve and become ready (Gable, Uhaa, Vasquez, Braun Stowman etc.)

Awesome Kong left WWE on pretty good terms IIRC. Why whouldn't she get another chance?

klonere

Banned
On Bauer and Pollock they brought up the issue with bringing in part timers to fight already established stars (HHH vs Rock being the case in point, Steph Ronda as well). They rattled off a few names that could do better with the exposure and rub from a match like that, including Kevin Owens.

Forget the insulting Cena promos, imagine the Rock going in on KO. He'd be dead before WM even rolled around.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Here's the list of people known to be at the NXT try-outs this weekend;

• Johnny Gargano (current SMASH Wrestling Champion, former DGUSA Champion, former AIW Absolute Champion)
  • Biff Busick (former CZW World Heavyweight Champion)
  • Drew Gulak (former CZW World Heavyweight Champion)
  • Chuck Taylor (former CHIKARA tag champion, former IWA-MS Heavyweight Champion)
  • Jimmy Preston (New England indie wrestler)
  • Taeler Hendrix (former TNA Knockout, former OVW Women's Champion)
  • Athena (current ACW American Joshi Champion, former AIW Women's Champion, former ACW TV Champion)
  • Jessicka Havok (former TNA Knockouts Champion, former WSU Champion, fomer AIW Women's Champion)
  • Gisele Shaw (graduate of the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy)
  • Andrea (formerly Rossie Lottalove from TNA, she's lost a ton of weight)
  • Matt Riddle (former UFC & Bellator fighter)
  • Dianna Dahlgren (IFBB Pro Bikini Competitor)
  • Nikki Galladay (from TV's Bad Girls Club)

2x CZW is 2x too many! I have no idea who those people are otherwise except Chuck Taylor

Gonzalez

Banned
It wasn't Joe's finisher, it's how Kidd took it. Same would have probably happened if he took a Papa Powerbomb's impact on his neck.

How he took it? The only time Kidd would be responsible during that move is during the initial lift. After that it's on Joe's hands.

Verendus

Banned
I heard Ambrose is WWE Champion, then realised I was lied to. I went from being legit surprised to legit shook. Not sure what the difference is, but it was probably the trembling of the hands.

Heel

Here's the list of people known to be at the NXT try-outs this weekend;

• Johnny Gargano (current SMASH Wrestling Champion, former DGUSA Champion, former AIW Absolute Champion)
  • Biff Busick (former CZW World Heavyweight Champion)
  • Drew Gulak (former CZW World Heavyweight Champion)
  • Chuck Taylor (former CHIKARA tag champion, former IWA-MS Heavyweight Champion)
  • Jimmy Preston (New England indie wrestler)
  • Taeler Hendrix (former TNA Knockout, former OVW Women's Champion)
  • Athena (current ACW American Joshi Champion, former AIW Women's Champion, former ACW TV Champion)
  • Jessicka Havok (former TNA Knockouts Champion, former WSU Champion, fomer AIW Women's Champion)
  • Gisele Shaw (graduate of the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy)
  • Andrea (formerly Rossie Lottalove from TNA, she's lost a ton of weight)
  • Matt Riddle (former UFC & Bellator fighter)
  • Dianna Dahlgren (IFBB Pro Bikini Competitor)
  • Nikki Galladay (from TV's Bad Girls Club)

...Matt...Riddle? LOL

jmdajr

I got tix to Night of Champions. Could be some fresh new feuds since it's after Summerslam.

Or maybe I'll get more Big Show, Kane, and R-Truth with a surprise return from Kali.

Holy fuck wouldn't that be something. Kali takes the John Cena open challenge.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
She's only a year older than Samoa Joe

Look at the ages of their women wrestlers compares to the men. Women typically are done by 34/35 in WWE. I'd be all up for Kong in WWE, but I don't see WWE bringing her back when their oldest female wrestlers are on their way out and likely to be cut in the near future, especially Rosa.

Layla - 37 (barely wrestles anymore)
Tamina - 37 (just came back)
Rosa - 35 (barely wrestlers anymore)
Natalya - 33
Bellas - 31
Summer Rae - 31
Eva Marie - 30
Charlotte - 29
Fox - 28
Becky Lynch - 28
Naomi - 27
Carmella - 27
Cameron - 27
Dana Brooke - 26
Emma - 26
Bayley - 25
Alexa Bliss - 23
Sasha Banks - 23
Paige - 22

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah she has that strange attraction to her, not entirely sure on her acting ability (not that San Andreas is a fair basis to judge acting on), but she was nice to watch. The movie was fine and the set pieces were decent - though I was expecting something BIGGER. Not entirely sure what though. It had the right amount of cheese/cheer ratio. Suck it, movie snobs.

...strange?

Sephzilla

Look at the ages of their women wrestlers compares to the men. Women typically are done by 34/35 in WWE. I'd be all up for Kong in WWE, but I don't see WWE bringing her back when their oldest female wrestlers are on their way out and likely to be cut in the near future, especially Rosa.

Layla - 37 (barely wrestles anymore)
Tamina - 37 (just came back)
Rosa - 35 (barely wrestlers anymore)

Natalya - 33
Bellas - 31
Summer Rae - 31
Eva Marie - 30
Charlotte - 29
Fox - 28
Becky Lynch - 28
Naomi - 27
Carmella - 27
Cameron - 27
Dana Brooke - 26
Emma - 26
Bayley - 25
Alexa Bliss - 23
Sasha Banks - 23
Paige - 22

Layla and Tamina have had injury issues though that are shortening their career. Rosa is just terrible.

from the r/

"John Cena has been beaten clean in a straight forward one-on-one match 10 times in 10 years without any interference or bullshit."

• Shawn Michaels, RAW, April 23, 2007
  • Great Khali, SNME, June 2, 2007
  • Triple H, Night of Champions 2008
  • Batista, Summerslam 2008
  • Big Show, RAW, March 30, 2009
  • Randy Orton, Hell in a Cell 2009
  • The Rock, Wrestlemania 28
  • Daniel Bryan, Summerslam 2013
  • Brock Lesnar, Summerslam 2014
  • Kevin Owens, EC 2015

Sephzilla

from the r/

"John Cena has been beaten clean in a straight forward one-on-one match 10 times in 10 years without any interference or bullshit."

• Shawn Michaels, RAW, April 23, 2007
    [*]Great Khali, SNME, June 2, 2007
  • Triple H, Night of Champions 2008
  • Batista, Summerslam 2008
  • Big Show, RAW, March 30, 2009
  • Randy Orton, Hell in a Cell 2009
  • The Rock, Wrestlemania 28
  • Daniel Bryan, Summerslam 2013
  • Brock Lesnar, Summerslam 2014
  • Kevin Owens, EC 2015

wow one of these sure stands out like a sore thumb

Cena isn't going to leave much of a legacy when he retires. WWE like to think of him as the Bruno of the modern age, but even Bruno made a number of stars along the way. Very few people's careers have benefited in the long-run from working with Cena.

Outside of the WWE bubble, yeah, he'll always be viewed below Bruno/Hogan/Macho/Flair/Austin/Rock. Inside the WWE bubble Vince will try to convince everyone he was Wrestling Jesus

Cena isn't going to leave much of a legacy when he retires. WWE like to think of him as the Bruno of the modern age, but even Bruno made a number of stars along the way. Very few people's careers have benefited in the long-run from working with Cena.

somedevil

Well the move for TNA on Wed with no real advertising really showed that because it only did 297,000 viewers. No information yet on Ring of Honor at 8-9.

I guess killing off Mickie James did not attract more viewers.

In the spirit of the thread, here's an old episode of ICW on YouTube that features Jimmy Havoc vs Jack Jester vs Crazy Mary Dobson. Dobson gets stapled in the groin, then gets one through her tongue that someone in the audience pulls out. I think that qualifies for the CZW spirit. There's also a Devitt match in there if ultraviolence isn't your thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9pwCDZbGHk

Top Bottom