• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

jmdajr

I think you're assuming a lot about Kevin Owens. There's a reason Trips likes him, and it's not because he's humble.

I know absolutely nothing about his indy career. But HHH sure has faith in him.

I've been impressed by his matches and mic work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena isn't going to leave much of a legacy when he retires. WWE like to think of him as the Bruno of the modern age, but even Bruno made a number of stars along the way. Very few people's careers have benefited in the long-run from working with Cena.

I don't think they care what you or anyone else thinks about him so long as he keeps selling dat merch

tumblr_npfbkqV4JJ1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Alucard

Banned
https://38.media.tumblr.com/3bd7b6e499262a37a92f55485ed24c72/tumblr_npfbkqV4JJ1sbzhteo1_400./IMG][/QUOTE]

Some good uses for this on an internet forum.

-thread hijacking
-poster debunking another poster

Btw, Seth Rollins' Smackdown promo this week was pretty long and meandering. He was going for intensity, and he hit it in parts, but he was also obviously acting. I find it hard to buy what he's selling. Ambrose, on the other hand, was excellent. He really sold you on his personality and life perspective.

Look at the ages of their women wrestlers compares to the men. Women typically are done by 34/35 in WWE. I'd be all up for Kong in WWE, but I don't see WWE bringing her back when their oldest female wrestlers are on their way out and likely to be cut in the near future, especially Rosa.

Layla - 37 (barely wrestles anymore)
Tamina - 37 (just came back)
Rosa - 35 (barely wrestlers anymore)
Natalya - 33
Bellas - 31
Summer Rae - 31
Eva Marie - 30
Charlotte - 29
Fox - 28
Becky Lynch - 28
Naomi - 27
Carmella - 27
Cameron - 27
Dana Brooke - 26
Emma - 26
Bayley - 25
Alexa Bliss - 23
Sasha Banks - 23
Paige - 22

The Bellas are the same age as each other?

UUTZVsa.gif

Alucard

Banned
With Kidd out, I think the Lucha Dragons are my favourite active tag team in the WWE. Don't care if the division appeared out of nowhere, it's nice to see tag wrestling featured on a regular basis on WWE television.

Sephzilla

The Final Fantasy series lost me after it strapped a rocket to Lightning and gave her a John Cena level mega push while deciding to wait over an entire fucking console generation to announce Kingdom Hearts 3.

I've been ridiculously busy since Wrestlemania; it looks like I haven't missed too much. I've kept abreast of developments by reading recaps and such.

I watched the tag match and main event from Elimination Chamber. The tag match, despite many calling it a spotfest, turned out great! I just wish they would dump these three men tag teams. A good amount of selling told a great story. Decent ring psychology. Although, the multiman suplex is getting old.

Ambrose and Rollins put on such a fantastic match. You really believe they were battling through pain. Another fantastic example of how matches should be done these days.

Watching wrasslin' after listening to Stone Cold's podcast makes WWE just that much enjoyable.

-----------

I hope Austin is crazy enough to do this Brock match.

One Bella (allegedly) is vaccine free, modern medicine free, and better than you. The other avails herself to the finest medicines that her money can buy. You do the math.

Sephzilla

Cesaro is just going to job to mid-tier talent that's inferior to him until Kidd gets back. And then WWE will do some stupid breakup angle 2 weeks after Kidds return because of course they would

Btw, Seth Rollins' Smackdown promo this week was pretty long and meandering. He was going for intensity, and he hit it in parts, but he was also obviously acting. I find it hard to buy what he's selling. Ambrose, on the other hand, was excellent. He really sold you on his personality and life perspective.
All of his promos are like that. He just talks too damn much and sadly, Noble doesn't talk enough.

Just saw Booker T and Roman's WWE 24 episodes and they were good. The Booker episode probably could have been longer...hopefully they get around to making a DVD or something for him. For some reason, I thought that Rosey was dead.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Layla and Tamina have had injury issues though that are shortening their career. Rosa is just terrible.

I haven't paid too much attention to Layla when she is off screen, so no idea she had injuries. Rosa will most likely be cut now that she is no longer part of the Total Divas cast and still can't wrestle. Have to make room for Sasha Banks, Charlotte, and Becky Lynch on the main roster.

UberTag

Well supposedly console gaming in Japan is dead if it flops. At least for big budget titles catered to them.
Console gaming is already dead in Japan. Let's not kid ourselves.
FFXV could be the greatest thing since sliced bread (it won't) and it would still sell worse than Lightning Returns.

He just talks too damn much

Too many of them talk too much! There was a southpark many seasons ago about wrasslin', and it mocked how everyone got into lengthy promos. The wrasslin' people loved on southpark were these awful long winded monologues, soliloquies, and such from the satirical superstars.

Even Steve Austin brought this up on his podcast. Too much talk, and not enough action. Look at this past week's last two minutes of the Austin-Heyman segment to do a promo. All the current guys should take note.

klonere

Banned
Tried out Tazz's podcast out of curosity. It's not bad but the New York banter is much more entertaining than his wrestling breakdowns.

Funnily enough he told Cesaro that he should drop all his gear, towel, mask, headphones etc. cos his in ring is impressive enough to get him over. Yeah about that Tazz....

Ratings:

ROH 163k (110k on the 11PM replay)

TNA 297k

Pretty damn good for ROH (considering the episode already played on Sinclair and is also available on the site for free). Pretty bad for TNA (considering their last episode on Friday did 413k)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Was the XV demo even good? I couldn't look past all the flippy dippy bullshit Noctis was doing.

Not good enough for me to play it for more than 20 minutes and get bored. Supposedly they were going for a Kingdom Hearts battle feel (good) and instead ended up with a wonky as fuck FF12-like thing (which makes it sound better than it was, because FF12 was great).

Noctis has a billion different flippy-shit moves and the way you end up performing them are all totally unintuitive ways.

Alucard

Banned
Ratings:

ROH 163k (110k on the 11PM replay)

TNA 297k

Pretty damn good for ROH (considering the episode already played on Sinclair and is also available on the site for free). Pretty bad for TNA (considering their last episode on Friday did 413k)

Damn. The switch to Wednesdays has not done Impact any favors. I remember them doing close to 600,000 when they first moved to DA.

Not bad for ROH, but I hope they will grow beyond that figure.

Also, Rusev was fantastic on Smackdown this week. "You stupid woman cow!"

Hasney

FF hasn't been really good in almost a decade, so I am not hopeful for 15.

XIV happened fairly recently, you know.

To be honest, Type 0 was a helluva lot better than I expected too. But they had to add that motion blur.... May replay through on the PC version.

Heroman

Banned
This is true. I stopped a game about 12 hours in...may need to start again since it's been at least 6 months since I picked it up.
It is the finest rpg ever made. I been wanting to replay for a while now , I just gotta remember where I put it at.

Aiii

So not worth it
Secret of Mana is the best J-RPG ever made.

XIV happened fairly recently, you know.

To be honest, Type 0 was a helluva lot better than I expected too. But they had to add that motion blur.... May replay through on the PC version.

14 was such a great game they made it twice. In fairness, I only briefly played the original beta, never the relaunch.

Alucard

Banned
It is the finest rpg evet made. I been wanting to replay for a while now , I just gotta remember where I put it at.

I was having a lot of fun with it even with the super easy difficulty level. It's all about the combo attacks.

Not much time or interest in gaming for the past few years, though. Last system I bought was a Wii like 5 years ago. Still have a backlog of 20+ games to play on various older systems. One day.

Damn. The switch to Wednesdays has not done Impact any favors. I remember them doing close to 600,000 when they first moved to DA.

Not bad for ROH, but I hope they will grow beyond that figure.

Also, Rusev was fantastic on Smackdown this week. "You stupid woman cow!"

wuulrRB.png

Top Bottom