• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Kaiterra

Banned
Man, you know what would be fun? Having Cena do the voice acting for the player character in a balls-out action game. Some Gears of War or Wolfenstein kind of game or a Platinum thing.

RP912

Banned
I'm always down for a heel turn, but it made little sense for him to team up with McMahon. I know that from Austin's standpoint he was willing to do whatever it took to get the title, but it made little sense for McMahon to want to join him, and even less sense for HHH to join them (and play second fiddle to a guy he just beat in a brutal match).

To be fair...none of the Attitude Era made any damn sense. However, the trio of Mcmahon, Trips, and Austin would have been amazing. Shame that Trips got injured before it became official.

Man, you know what would be fun? Having Cena do the voice acting for the player character in a balls-out action game. Some Gears of War or Wolfenstein kind of game or a Platinum thing.

Just imagine the promo before a final boss where you no sell their inevitable god complex gimmick and scream about how much you love saving the world for each and every person on it, chills.

Ultratech

Where does this put us on the Kofi clock?

PUSH TO THE MOON STATUS...for the time being.
(He will make a great sacrifice to the GOD-KING EMPEROR BROCK LESNAR.)

But technically, it's actually at this:
gcQ2yCX.png

Additionally, here's my old TNA clock. Probably still relevant.

7TP792w.png

JavyOO7

Here's the list of people known to be at the NXT try-outs this weekend;

• Johnny Gargano (current SMASH Wrestling Champion, former DGUSA Champion, former AIW Absolute Champion)
  • Biff Busick (former CZW World Heavyweight Champion)
  • Drew Gulak (former CZW World Heavyweight Champion)
  • Chuck Taylor (former CHIKARA tag champion, former IWA-MS Heavyweight Champion)
  • Jimmy Preston (New England indie wrestler)
  • Taeler Hendrix (former TNA Knockout, former OVW Women's Champion)
  • Athena (current ACW American Joshi Champion, former AIW Women's Champion, former ACW TV Champion)
  • Jessicka Havok (former TNA Knockouts Champion, former WSU Champion, fomer AIW Women's Champion)
  • Gisele Shaw (graduate of the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy)
  • Andrea (formerly Rossie Lottalove from TNA, she's lost a ton of weight)
  • Matt Riddle (former UFC & Bellator fighter)
  • Dianna Dahlgren (IFBB Pro Bikini Competitor)
  • Nikki Galladay (from TV's Bad Girls Club)

I'm thinking that Lance Storm's student will get signed. His academy students have had a decent chance to get into NXT. (Emma, Breeze, and someone else who didn't go too far in FCW/NXT, I think)

Fox318

I'm happy that Austin and Vince both seem to agree that in hindsight it was a really bad move.

I think that's why Cena hasn't turned heel.

I think Austin deserves credit in understanding that after X-7 something needed to change. Then again Heel turns like that only work if your character is somewhat the same. That's why Brett's heel turn was amazing.

Then again if Vince just did what he should of and signed Flair, Goldberg, and maybe Hogan Austin would have had 3 programs to work with that would have drew big time.

Vince's penchant for structured salary may have helped him stay in business but it never helped him grow it.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I watched Pitch Perfect for the first time ever today. I...really liked it. Had some issues, but was way more intelligent and entertaining than it had any right to be.

Ithil

I'm thinking that Lance Storm's student will get signed. His academy students have had a decent chance to get into NXT. (Emma, Breeze, and someone else who didn't go too far in FCW/NXT, I think)

Sylvester Lefort is also a Storm graduate.

MG310

Lefort seemed decent as the scumbag manager buying up henchmen. They should just give him Bull,Dawson, and maybe Louis back.

tm24

Mystery Vortex III tickets sold out in 7 minutes.

PWG is gonna have to upgrade from the American Legion soon

Guys we need a Brock countdown.

Serp, I finally caught in some CWfH and it's totally changed. A weak heel group worse than the Authority has all the titles. Got a nice tag team that can do some damage. Marquez got his sons helping him and might recuit Luchas on that show.

Guys we need a Brock countdown.

Serp, I finally caught in some CWfH and it's totally changed. A weak heel group worse than the Authority has all the titles. Got a nice tag team that can do some damage. Marquez got his sons helping him and might recuit Luchas on that show.

some solid Lucha dudes would do them good, because tbh a lot of the regular featured midcarders are pretty mediocre. I haven't watched since a few months ago, i think, when PPray had a match against Thatcher & Gulak. also, you talking about the Vermin or did another group pop up when i wasn't looking?

some solid Lucha dudes would do them good, because tbh a lot of the regular featured midcarders are pretty mediocre. I haven't watched since a few months ago, i think, when PPray had a match against Thatcher & Gulak. also, you talking about the Vermin or did another group pop up when i wasn't looking?
It's Vermin. My bad for not naming them. There was suppose to be a fans bring weapons match featuring Othello vs one of Stu Stone's guy either this week or next week. Your right on the midcarders, kinda meh but some are funny to watch them wrestle.

Please hire Havok. She's got a great look, and I am convinced that give her a few months with Death Ray and she'll be fucking great.

It's Vermin. My bad for not naming them. There was suppose to be a fans bring weapons match featuring Othello vs one of Stu Stone's guy either this week or next week. Your right on the midcarders, kinda meh but some are funny to watch them wrestle.

oh man, that could be really fun or really bad, but still fun. I back them on their Patreon bc it's only $2 a month, so like why not. I'm gonna pick up on it again after i get caught up on NXT, though. Vermin is eh but i think they're sorta watchable? from when i last watched, YUMA was getting a big singles push and he was doing aight

Del Rey's moving up to work with the main roster Divas - also, Robby Brookside is apparently the trainer that deserves far more credit than he's getting for his work with the NXT women's wrestlers.

oh man, that could be really fun or really bad, but still fun. I back them on their Patreon bc it's only $2 a month, so like why not. I'm gonna pick up on it again after i get caught up on NXT, though. Vermin is eh but i think they're sorta watchable? from when i last watched, YUMA was getting a big singles push and he was doing aight
Yuma got his push. He's champ now. Kevin Masterson has to defend his TV title every week until he loses. I also need to catchup on the shows.

Del Rey's moving up to work with the main roster Divas - also, Robby Brookside is apparently the trainer that deserves far more credit than he's getting for his work with the NXT women's wrestlers.

Whatever they're doing, it's working. Hopefully Brookside can keep it up!

DMczaf

Lapsed Fan podcast did a review of Canadian Stampede 97, and its pretty much a 4 hour (!!) dedication to Real Ass Stone Cold. They understand Austin changed from 97 to 98, into more of a caricature of his original character.

Real Ass Stone Cold was a god damn treasure.

Lapsed Fan podcast did a review of Canadian Stampede 97, and its pretty much a 4 hour (!!) dedication to Real Ass Stone Cold. They understand Austin changed from 97 to 98, into more of a caricature of his original character.

Real Ass Stone Cold was a god damn treasure.

"Treasure?" What kinda girly term is that, son

3AqjmLt.gif

Jamie OD

Just resubbed to NJPWorld and holy shit...I missed a lot in three weeks.

Yeah it's been pretty busy with the Super Jr tournament. I actually find the single camera low production shows refreshing. I mean they're pretty much just house shows but I like having them on in the background.

Top Bottom