• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

This is a good look
tumblr_myunvuh50V1sg99p0o1_540.jpg

This is not
Booker1.jpg

What about
16.jpg
?

Wait WWE.com featured the Still Real Dammit guy in their article? But that was at some wrestlecon shit, I mean he's wearing an NWA shirt. Frank makes a good point and even worse they are opening the door to feature Green Lantern Fan and that fat nerdy TNA biker dude. I really hope that the eggheads at WWE.com are working hard to rectify this situation or we may be headed towards some dangerous waters folks.

Nope, no one from NOAH, no one from CMLL - just Elgin, as far as outsiders go. Here's the line-up, but the blocks haven't been announced yet;

. Okada
. Styles
. Goto
. Makabe
. Tenzan
. Tanahashi
. Nagata
. Kojima
. Naito
. Shibata
. Nakamua
. Yano
. Ishii
. Yujiro
. Anderson
. Gallows
. Fale
. Elgin
. Ibushi
. Honma

So I told my wife I'll probably start going up to Edinburgh and Glagow to see some ICW shows. 'No problem', she said. 'Good excuse to see my Mam.'

Dammit.

Darlington and Leeds are on the list too for TCW and whoever else hits that area. I'll try to do one show daan saaf (down south) a year, more than likely PCW.

Alucard

Banned
Elgin is in the G1? Strange. Thought they would have gone with Roderick Strong. Not sure if there was a schedule conflict or something there.

Alucard

Banned
Been up since 5am on a Sunday. Kitchen cleaning, laundry, coffee, tea, and random Stargate SG-1 episodes have filled the last 2 hours.

KUSHIDA vs O'Reilly was really good, better than last year's final - KUSHIDA's shown a lot of improvement in terms of his confidence and his selling. Definitely check this one out, probably the best performance of either guy's career. Here's the card for the next big PPV;

NJPW, "DOMINION", 2015/07/05
Osaka Jo Hall

. Katsuyori Shibata vs Kazushi Sakuraba
. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Toru Yano
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs
Best of the Super Jr's XXII Winner: KUSHIDA
. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Mike Bennett & Matt Taven (c) vs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
. NEVER Openweight Title: Togi Makabe (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii
. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Hirooki Goto (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Kazuchika Okada

Nope, no one from NOAH, no one from CMLL - just Elgin, as far as outsiders go. Here's the line-up, but the blocks haven't been announced yet;

. Okada
. Styles
. Goto
. Makabe
. Tenzan
. Tanahashi
. Nagata
. Kojima
. Naito
. Shibata
. Nakamua
. Yano
. Ishii
. Yujiro
. Anderson
. Gallows
. Fale
. Elgin
. Ibushi
. Honma

I hope thy have great drugs in Japan because this G1 schedule is going to kill these guys. I really thought they would expand the field this year.

He honestly wouldn't have been my top pick from ROH for the G1, that would've been Roddy, but I won't write Elgin off without giving him a chance to perform. I think the backlash has been magnified because he's the only outside name this year, which was quite surprising.

The biggest blow is no Suzuki, but if the blocks are done right there's potential for a bunch of fresh or compelling match-ups amongst the 20 competitors.

He honestly wouldn't have been my top pick from ROH for the G1, that would've been Roddy, but I won't write Elgin off without giving him a chance to perform. I think the backlash has been magnified because he's the only outside name this year, which was quite surprising.

The biggest blow is no Suzuki, but if the blocks are done right there's potential for a bunch of fresh or compelling match-ups amongst the 20 competitors.

Yea no roddy sucks. His match with tanahashi was amazing. Dude has been tearing it up for a while now

Don't know why yall are complaining about Elgin. He's a good big man and he's essentially this year's Lance Archer.

Archer is far, far more entertaining than Elgin.

I would have picked Roddy and Zack Sabre Jr. as outsiders. That way, at the very least, you've got one built-in "I know this is going to be awesome" showcase for those two guys.

Yea no roddy sucks. His match with tanahashi was amazing. Dude has been tearing it up for a while now

EDIT: Completely misread your post. Thought you were saying Roddy sucked and Elgin deserves the spot. Edited the following to make sense...

I've hated Strong for years, but even I have to admit, dude has been on a tear in PWG and now ROH for a while now. Elgin has either regressed badly, or has finally been exposed for all his weeknesses as a performer, depending on who you ask, IMO. In that Tanahashi match, Elgin was completely carried. Unlike Strong, who looked like he belonged in NJPW in those shows, Elgin looked completely outclassed and botched a number of moves, including the worst slingblade botch I've seen outside of a divas division match all year. That was his big match, his big chance, and I thought he folded under the pressure.

If anybody in the ROH singles thing deserves anything at this point, it's Lethal or Strong up on the top of the list.

The vast majority of people who spend any significant amount of time in competitive bodybuilding or extreme fitness competitions end up looking rough, unless they have work done. The extreme dieting and whatnot takes its toll on your face and skin.

Gonzalez

Banned
The vast majority of people who spend any significant amount of time in competitive bodybuilding or extreme fitness competitions end up looking rough, unless they have work done. The extreme dieting and whatnot takes its toll on your face and skin.
Are you saying that Alexa Bliss isn't all natural?

Archer is far, far more entertaining than Elgin.

Archer has a ton of personality in comparison, plus he has a character and knows how to play it. That's always been one of Elgin's weaknesses, I'd say. His ROH booking hasn't done him many favours, beyond exposure, but it'll be interesting to see how he fits in to the G1.

My first thought was that he'll likely do best with guys who are going to stiff the shit out of him, Shibata, Ishii, Makabe, Kojima, etc, but some other match-ups...eh, I don't want to see Elgin vs Yujiro. Naito seems like he could have a good match with him, but he can have a good match with just about anyone. Ibushi vs Elgin would be interesting.

Archer has a ton of personality in comparison, plus he has a character and knows how to play it. That's always been one of Elgin's weaknesses, I'd say. His ROH booking hasn't done him many favours, beyond exposure, but it'll be interesting to see how he fits in to the G1.

My first thought was that he'll likely do best with guys who are going to stiff the shit out of him, Shibata, Ishii, Makabe, Kojima, etc, but some other match-ups...eh, I don't want to see Elgin vs Yujiro. Naito seems like he could have a good match with him, but he can have a good match with just about anyone. Ibushi vs Elgin would be interesting.

I agree with all this. Elgin's biggest problem is he's got not much outside of lifting dudes. That's great on the lower and mid-tier indies, where you can easily build a mystique against a bunch of undersized skinny and skinny-fat workers. But when you get into a major league promotion, there's lots of big strong guys who can lift dudes, and in Elgin's case, a lot of those guys are going to be some combination of taller/quicker/more charismatic/more entertaining/better-looking/better promo, ect. I'm not saying Elgin's career is doomed. I just have him slotted at a particular level, and I don't see him getting past that easily.

IIRC, Steen and Elgin were at the same tryouts for WWE. Aesthetically, they were both long shots. But obviously Steen was a guy they could look at who had enough facets to his game and enough personality that he's not likely to get lost in a sea of other talents.

Seems like see was high on havok. Till her tweets showed up

Man, people still haven't caught on about the whole Twitter thing...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still can't tell if Cozy did this on purpose or if it's a botch.
YsuD7OM.gif

He's got an asshole streak in him so it's highly possible. Oh G1 looks as boring as the BOSJ lineup. I'm surprised, really.
0OQA6aT.gif

Top Bottom