• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Thorakai

It's one thing to not be a badass, but he's still the top champion of the company getting beaten by joke characters.

I mean he basically dominated them and got caught by a roll-up when Dean distracted him. Its really not that big of a deal. I think this is a great weasle act that will pay-off big time for the person that beats him for the title. Besides, its not likely he is going to lose this Sunday anyway.

Lol Cena wins with one AA against Wyatt in a dark match.

HffVn5t.png

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's one thing to not be a badass, but he's still the top champion of the company getting beaten by joke characters.

He's been a joke coward since he got the thing. He didn't even care about the loss, he was just happy he got the belt back, and was too stupid to think to get out of dodge while that was the case.

At this point, he is just as much a joke character as the people beating him, and it's just a shame Kane isn't on the list of people who have beat him (yet).

Welcome to modern day heel booking, brehs. Only difference between Rollins' current reign and the one Orton had in 2013-14 is that Rollins doesn't have the credibility of 12 world title reigns to carry him through shit booking.

He'll be fine in the long run because the company is obviously committed to him but right now he's just the victim of standard heel writing in 2015.

DMczaf

Wait, Ambrose gets buried for almost a year with loss after loss...and just pushing him for 4 weeks is enough to put him more over than Reigns again?

Damn, Roman... :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He was the focus of his feuds. As opposed to The Authority(w. Seth Rollins) vs Dean Ambrose or The Authority(w. Seth Rollins) vs Roman Reigns.

You honestly think this storyline is The Authority vs. Dean Ambrose?
comeon.png

They've been building up Rollins vs. The Authority since Wrestlemania.

Ambrose is only relevant today because of The Shield and he can thank Roman for his 4 week run.

The only reason ANY of them are over is because of The Shield. Roman would have had to have been in NXT for at least another year without having two experienced indie guys to cover up his weaknesses, and doing long promos with The Shield is the only reason Rollins went from a shitty CM Punk knockoff to the best chickenshit opportunist since Edge. Ambrose was the only one who would maybe have had a shot at getting over on his own merits, because he at least is pretty comfortable with a microphone in his hands.

Also, Wyatt is honestly fine. WWE is never going to build up anybody to the level of Undertaker again because their business model revolves around the company being way bigger than any of its stars, but crowds still seem to enjoy Wyatt even with his promos because even if the content doesn't go anywhere, he's still good at delivering them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They've been building up Rollins vs. The Authority since Wrestlemania.

Having a hot shot feud with Kane isn't building up 'Rollins vs The Authority.' Brock will kill Rollins and take his title, Triple H will find someone else who's actually over as a heel to 'represent the authority' because Triple H and Stephanie can't bear to be off TV and Rollins will go to feud with Kofi Kingston or Dolph Ziggler for the IC title, never to touch the main event again.

Ambrose will be released and Roman will go do movies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Having a hot shot feud with Kane isn't building up 'Rollins vs The Authority.' Brock will kill Rollins and take his title, Triple H will find someone else who's actually over as a heel to 'represent the authority' because Triple H and Stephanie can't bear to be off TV and Rollins will go to feud with Kofi Kingston or Dolph Ziggler for the IC title, never to touch the main event again.

So you're a joke poster now?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its really funny to me that they try to sell Nikki Bella as attractive when she's literally the least attractive female on-camera talent they employ.

I think Triple H and Steph WANT to be off TV, but nobody can get over enough anymore to make it worth WWE's time to take two established Attitude Era stars off the show.

Ambrose isn't gonna get released, though. That's just silly. Fucking Zack Ryder still works there, for God's sake.

Also, Angry Grimace, I must respectfully disagree. Nikki Bella has been in hubba hubba territory since Summerslam, as putting on a little weight has done wonders for her.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Let's not get personal.

Bray is terrible.

Friend, no one dislikes Bray Wyatt more than I do but as far as his career goes, he isn't in a bad spot. Zack Ryder is in a bad spot, Adam Rose is in a bad spot.

Bray might not be the next Undertaker but he could be the next Kane and that's not really a bad place to be in the grand scheme.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Friend, no one dislikes Bray Wyatt more than I do but as far as his career goes, he isn't in a bad spot. Zack Ryder is in a bad spot, Adam Rose is in a bad spot.

Bray might not be the next Undertaker but he could be the next Kane and that's not really a bad place to be in the grand scheme.

Next Snitsky.

They should reunite the Wyatt clan.

Bray Wyatt delivers his promos well regardless of content, has a distinctive look, and is a pretty decent wrestler for a bigger guy trained only in WWE style. "Terrible" is just silly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bray Wyatt delivers his promos well regardless of content, has a distinctive look, and is a pretty decent wrestler for a bigger guy trained only in WWE style. "Terrible" is just silly.

He's the only non-Brock who's got something going on.

Even Owens........cuts Randy Orton......esque promos. I try to get behind Sheamus and then he has stuff like the IC chamber match and wrestles Orton again and I just want him to fuck off instantly again.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
He's the only non-Brock who's got something going on.

Even Owens........cuts Randy Orton......esque promos. I try to get behind Sheamus and then he has stuff like the IC chamber match and wrestles Orton again and I just want him to fuck off instantly again.

Sheamus is money as a heel. Orton as a face sucks when they have Ambrose playing the same type of face.

Edit: Rtruth has been entertaining since March.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also it's really kind of Luke Harper to help his opponents out by giving them his chest to land on instead of the floor in their struggle ass 3D.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That O'Reilly/KUSHIDA match was really good. Better than the juniors division has been in a LONG time, but it's not good enough to make up for the rest of that BOSJ.

And it's still not as good as any of the best junior stuff out of AJPW, NOAH, and maybe even Zero-1.

Thorakai

to be fair to shemoose that ic match was an embarassment for everyone involved, including the commentators and ref

I don't know what the fuck is up with him and Orton

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, I was watching some WWF 2001 PPVs and man Brothers of Destruction are TERRIBLE. Like the two combined form such a bad team that just fucks up all the matches they're in. The booking is so awful for all their opponents because every single Brothers of Destruction match is about 'got to make Brothers of Destruction look stronk.' They fucking no sell everyone because you can tell that they're saying 'no, no, no main eventers. don't sell for these tag team shmucks. You're better than them and the only way we'll have them go over you is sheer luck. They're below you.' They're worse than LOD for no-selling.

What a dark and awful stain on the WWF's tag division of that era.
#KronikWasRight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
to be fair to shemoose that ic match was an embarassment for everyone involved, including the commentators and ref

I don't know what the fuck is up with him and Orton

Orton knows he's going to spend the next few years putting over HHH's NXT pet projects and is likely half assing it out of sheer boredom.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Welcome to modern day heel booking, brehs. Only difference between Rollins' current reign and the one Orton had in 2013-14 is that Rollins doesn't have the credibility of 12 world title reigns to carry him through shit booking.

He'll be fine in the long run because the company is obviously committed to him but right now he's just the victim of standard heel writing in 2015.

Rollins is practically guaranteed a clean win on Sunday.

Top Bottom