• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I remember that too... but it doesn't harm Brock. If KO goes over Cena in this feud (hypothetically because I know that's not happening) and then Cena goes super Cena on the rest of the roster... that does zero to harm KO.

The last two people to beat Cena clean before KO were DB and Brock. Before DB I'm not sure who did it last, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it was someone major. Stop obsessing over the fact that Cena is a huge star and recognize that KO is being given an unprecedented push for someone at this stage of their career in the WWE.

The way some of you go on, unless you're the top guy main eventing WrestleMania you're being buried.

Rusev went into his feud as the invincible, unbeaten Hero of the Russian Federation. He came out of it as a creepy stalker who cries over his ex-girlfriend on camera.

I do think that if the plan is to have Seth be the champ coming out of MITB that they should have let Ambrose just get the win and the title at Elimination Chamber.

If Seth kept conveniently forgetting that Dean took the title off him for a couple of weeks, that would be a good angle for his character, and for promos being cut against him. 'When I won this belt by beating Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns at Mania...'

'Err, didn't you lose it after that to Dean Ambrose even though you had all your authority buddies backing you up?'

Etc. Still, if Dean does indeed get the win on Sunday, then I have no problem with the whole angle. The Instagram stuff has been fun and it wouldn't be as good if Dean was the recognized champ.

Seth-kun as the made guy is actually a pretty old gimmick now, its been a year. I wouldn't be surprised if they're prepared to write it off as stale at this point.

Heroman

Banned
Rusev went into his feud as the invincible, unbeaten Hero of the Russian Federation. He came out of it as a creepy stalker who cries over his ex-girlfriend on camera.

Rusev was guy whos only good feud was with jack swagger and only beat jobbers , he was never going to be anything beside a mid carder john cena or not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rusev was guy whos only good feud was with jack swagger and only beat jobbers , he was never going to be anything beside a mid carder john cena or not.

All I'm saying is to temper your expectations that this John Cena feud is leading somewhere good.

I mean...kind of. I wasn't even aware kicking Cena in the nuts was an illegal move.

I really wanted them to let Rusev get a clean win in the feud. Umaga didn't get one in the equivalent feud. The best they did for Bray was let him win a cage match by escaping while a child was scaring Cena.

Rusev was always on a collision course with Cena. The only reason he was wracking up all those clean wins and keeping that streak going was so that it would mean something when Cena won. He was like a pig getting fattened up ready to be farmer Cena's dinner.

That is not what we're seeing with Kevin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It'll probably end up being Nagata or another NJPW vet they want to move to NOAH. Kobashi is almost certainly not coming out of retirement, his knees are jello, his bones are brittle as fuck, sonofabitch had cancer for christsakes.

Shit, bring in Mutoh and have him do it. He probably would if only to hold all three of the major titles in Japan (four if you count W1, and I don't considering he booked himself to win that), like his buddies Takayama and Sasaki.

ummmm

klonere

Banned

Rusev's in ring promo work and general character deserve better than a post Cena feud death spiral

Rusev's in ring promo work and general character deserve better than a post Cena feud death spiral

Agreed. I hope his injury keeping him out of the ring for a while will actually let them protect him a bit. They really should keep him at about the level Sheamus is currently at on the card.

Heroman

Banned

Rusev promo is great but I gonna be honest he has never been that good in the ring and his broken foot is more the cause of his current stat than Cena

Cena's going to destroy KO Sunday, and we wont hear from Owens for a year. Hell be back to NXT only, Cena will have gotten what he wanted.

Angry Grimace

You can't set a guy up as an unbeatable monster unless they're either Brock Lesnar or going to just eat jobbers.

CHFmhWxXAAMxDTs.jpg

Erm what

Angry Grimace

I'm assuming that's like 10th level Master Carny shit right there

I'm assuming that's like 10th level Master Carny shit right there

It's at a place called the London Cockpit. I mean, no matter how you dress that up that is bad bad bad.

It's a place where they used to host cockerel fights as a spectator sport... that hasn't bothered to rename itself to something less distasteful. You can't get more carny than that.

EDIT: This is what they have chosen as their cover photo on Facebook.

Second edit:

A promotional poster for an actual cock fighting tournament.

I see what you're doing.

Toki767

I don't think Owens will beat Cena clean a second time on Sunday.

I do think it would be incredibly stupid for Cena to beat Owens clean on Sunday though.

Angry Grimace

I just find it funny the entire top of the card right now is the Shield.

The actual venue is even better: they do Jazz and New Opera nights. How they decided on that for wrasslin', I'll never know. Nice and intimate though.

RP912

Banned
My dream match is a MITB match involving the memphis tapes being held up in a big fucking bag. The first one to grab the bag, blesses wrestling fans with old school rasslin for 4.99 a month.

Entropia

No One Remembers
There are 3000 people watching some Internet Wrestling Video Game thing on Twitch. WTF?

Man, Twitch chats with a lot of people are in unbearable. Everyone spams the same thing.

Fox318

My dream match is a MITB match involving the memphis tapes being held up in a big fucking bag. The first one to grab the bag, blesses wrestling fans with old school rasslin for 4.99 a month.

Then HHH climbs teh ladder and burns the tapes with Vince.

You can hear HHH say "see I'm OVER and I've always been OVER and now I'm OVER Memphis because they were never OVER"

Angry Grimace

My guess is that this would be roughly as popular as the movie "United Passions."

RP912

Banned
There are 3000 people watching some Internet Wrestling Video Game thing on Twitch. WTF?

Retirement angles are real.....
I'm one of the 3000 :/

Then HHH climbs teh ladder and burns the tapes with Vince.

You can hear HHH say "see I'm OVER and I've always been OVER and now I'm OVER Memphis because they were never OVER"

Trips running a Memphis territory would be an interesting business endeavor.

RP912

Banned
Watching Endgame making me realize why I haven't watched a VGCW show in ages. The comment section is like a ECW crowd watching a broom and a dust pan trying to do a hardcore match.

RP912

Banned
I never thought I would see the day when CM Punk became a next gen version of the Iron Shiek. I'm waiting for him to say FACK THE JAWN CEENUAH!

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't get why being a heel means you have to align with The Authority. I'd rather Owens remain a strong independent heel who demolishes indiscriminately.

Top Bottom