• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

There are 3000 people watching some Internet Wrestling Video Game thing on Twitch. WTF?

Man, Twitch chats with a lot of people are in unbearable. Everyone spams the same thing.
Where have you been? VGCW is the only reason people even care about the WWE games. It's been going on for a couple years now, with Sunflower complaining about it for no reason also.

Next-Gen is now, dammit.

eWxb.png

gWxb.png

iWxb.png

jWxb.png

hWxb.png

while this is true...I just turned off the stream :/. It's not really clicking with me since Little Mac lost the belt :(.
I haven't watched in so long. Last thing I remember is Gerudo Skies breaking up. :(

Work makes it hard for me to watch live, archives just aren't the same.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I don't get why being a heel means you have to align with The Authority. I'd rather Owens remain a strong independent heel who demolishes indiscriminately.

Because it fits perfectly with his character. He got the shot at Cena from HHH; and they've established (on RAW) that he's one of HHH's dudes. It opens up tension between Rollins and Owens, and it fits Owens' character (ends justify any and all means).

Also, because no one apparently seems to remember this:

Anyone who demolishes indiscriminately will get cheered sooner rather than later. Brock Lesnar became babyface purely off the fact that he just wrecked everyone's souls. FFS, he ended Taker's streak and still ended up being cheered. Mark Henry started to get cheers during his Hall of Pain run, and that was while he ATTACKED JIM ROSS (which is how long it has been, oof). It feels like folks are trying to cover up the fact they want to cheer for Kevin Owens (regardless of how much of a heel he is) by asking for yet another "dominant ass-kicking heel". Those heels get cheered.

I think the best way to get Owens over as a heel is to have him tease turning babyface in the feud with Cena, and then go all in on being a bully heel with the Authority.

Because it fits perfectly with his character. He got the shot at Cena from HHH; and they've established (on RAW) that he's one of HHH's dudes. It opens up tension between Rollins and Owens, and it fits Owens' character (ends justify any and all means).

Anyone who demolishes indiscriminately will get cheered sooner rather than later. Brock Lesnar became babyface purely off the fact that he just wrecked everyone's souls. FFS, he ended Taker's streak and still ended up being cheered. Mark Henry started to get cheers during his Hall of Pain run, and that was while he ATTACKED JIM ROSS (which is how long it has been, oof). It feels like folks are trying to cover up the fact they want to cheer for Kevin Owens (regardless of how much of a heel he is) by asking for yet another "dominant ass-kicking heel". Those heels get cheered.

I think the best way to get Owens over as a heel is to have him tease turning babyface in the feud with Cena, and then go all in on being a bully heel with the Authority.

Or just have him murder Daniel Bryan in the ring. Insta-heat.

2k16 is apparently at E3, so we can see all the massive changes they're making this year.

The key improvements will be rope physics that don't resemble spaghetti, more furrowed brow for John Cena and an extra few lines describing educated feet from Lawler.

Seriously though, I think it was 12 or 13 where some of the touted improvements were improved camera angles and sound effects. Both of which ended up being worse than the previous year anyway.

Kaladin

It would be nice if the ref's counts weren't tied to the commentary track. When you turn down the commentators, you also turn down anything the ref says.

Nekofrog

Banned

Meh. Aligning with "The Authority" is cheap and lazy so we know it's going to happen.

Alucard

Banned
Owens' career trajectory has so much potential right now.

-a long, dominant heel run
-starts becoming a tweener when he declines H's offer to join The Authority
-gets beaten down by The Authority
-Stone Cold-like badass face run

He could get a good 3 years out of this at least.

Owens' career trajectory has so much potential right now.

-a long, dominant heel run
-starts becoming a tweener when he declines H's offer to join The Authority
-gets beaten down by The Authority
-Stone Cold-like badass face run

He could get a good 3 years out of this at least.

Cool idea. Back in reality:

Untitled-2_crop_340x234_crop_340x234.jpg

John-Cena-with-Bobby-Lashley.jpg

John-Cena-Raises-Sami-Zayn-Hand.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Owens and Cena could turn into a modern Mankind and Undertaker. Mankind owned the early part of the feud unlike any opponent Taker had before or after.

Could you imagine if 2k16 was given a trailer on the big e3 stage? Just glitching out while the former thq rep desperately tries to cover it up by saying the AI is doing it?

RP912

Banned
I checked the VGCW stream and sure enough I'm still banned from making inanely dumb comments on chat

Oh well

You can get banned on VGCW o_0? Comment section is rapid fire all of the time. Either the mods have Starcraft 2 mechanics or the comment stood out like a sore thumb.

anyone else to personal wrestling chants to get themselves over for the day? Like when waking up I go *clap...clap..clap..clap.clap.clapclapclapclap* and then I hulk up. Or when something good happens I go "This is awesome!", or chant "you fucked up! Yiu fucked up!" when a professor has to erase a mistake from the board. My favorite one though is to simply clap after a good meal.

Thorakai

You can get banned on VGCW o_0? Comment section is rapid fire all of the time. Either the mods have Starcraft 2 mechanics or the comment stood out like a sore thumb.

I don't think I was actually banned for something I said...I remember some weird stuff happening with Twitch ages ago that led to mass bannings randomly. I think it had to do with the transition that led to chat delays. I just never bothered communicating with someone on the channel to lift the ban.

Top Bottom