• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A more salient question is how long they plan to have Owens wandering around the main roster with the NXT title.

Kaladin

On a scale of 1 - 10, how shocked will you be if Cena looses this Sunday?

As a follow up....if they do a third match, how shocked would you be if Cena goes a decisive 0 - 3 against Kevin Owens?

To me, Cena has always been a stand-up guy in that he's willing to give younger talent the rub of working with him, but he almost never lets them ultimately get over him....especially in a feud that questions all that he stands for like Owens does.

Still, WWE has a rocket on Owens back and they're giving him this feud right out of the gate. That is huge as most people have to work up to Cena and it would seriously hurt Owens to have him loose.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

As a follow up....if they do a third match, how shocked would you be if Cena goes a decisive 0 - 3 against Kevin Owens?

To me, Cena has always been a stand-up guy in that he's willing to give younger talent the rub of working with him, but he almost never lets them ultimately get over him....especially in a feud that questions all that he stands for like Owens does.

Still, WWE has a rocket on Owens back and they're giving him this feud right out of the gate. That is huge as most people have to work up to Cena and it would seriously hurt Owens to have him loose.

I don't know what the result will be other than there's no way Cena loses clean again. He might lose, but if it happens it probably just means Owens will cheat. If Owens cheats in a way that gets him stripped of the NXT title, even more convieeeeeeeeenent.

I say Owens wins clean.

But if there is a third match, you bet your ass Cena will win and completely invalidate Owens' previous wins.

Angry Grimace

I say Owens wins clean.

But if there is a third match, you bet your ass Cena will win and completely invalidate Owens' previous wins.

Cena already did that by saying "lol I still got the title." There's no way Owens goes over Cena clean twice in a row.

Aiii

So not worth it
I honestly believe Owens isn't losing to Cena in this series of matches. The bras obviously like Owens, rightfully so, and I believe they will build him up and have Cena finally overcome and win in a Mania match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I honestly believe Owens isn't losing to Cena in this series of matches. The bras obviously like Owens, rightfully so, and I believe they will build him up and have Cena finally overcome and win in a Mania match.

Listen, I don't want to compare every up and coming wrestler to Bray. But I haven't seen 'the brass' behind a wrestler as much as they were behind Bray at first in a long time. And we saw what happened there.

Kaladin

Owens must be hitting the gym hard, he's constantly slimming and improving his physique. He's got a much leaner build than when he showed up on NXT.

Raw64life

- Rey Mysterio's next appearance in the U.S. will be on 8/22. Mysterio will be working the Pro Wrestling Syndicate event in Sayreville, New Jersey. Mysterio will team with Habib from The Car Wash

Rey doing big things.

Kaladin

So that Tokyo deal is live in the AM? They haven't said shit about it on RAW.

They will probably do some kind of build for it after MITB.

The next PPV Battleground ain't till July 19th, so a July 4th special event to build to would keep them on the 2 weeks between PPV schedule.

Only odd thing would be the Japan Network Special would be at an odd time.

Angry Grimace

WWE owes Jake the Snake a lot given that half of the moves performed by the entire roster are either the DDT or DDT variants.

Of course, Jake the Snake actually made the move look like it hurts.

Toki767

Mix WWE title/World Title histories? If so, Jack Swagger is a good candidate. Swagger beat Orton in that single PPV win he had as champ, though. Rollins two title defenses have been pretty poor.

Christian would be the weakest.

Never won a single match as champion. Constantly lost to Orton except for 1 DQ win.

MOST EVEN FEUD IN WWE HISTORY according to Michael Cole.

Aiii

So not worth it
Listen, I don't want to compare every up and coming wrestler to Bray. But I haven't seen 'the brass' behind a wrestler as much as they were behind Bray at first in a long time. And we saw what happened there.

Did Bray beat Cena clean in his debut match? I don't believe so. Beating Cena clean is so unheard of, when someone made a list it was like ten matches total.

Never won a single match as champion. Constantly lost to Orton except for 1 DQ win.

Never forget
FOUR STAR MATCHES!
GREAT FEUDS!

Christian finally got the belt back by being kicked in the dick, I mean that's hilarious in so many ways.

Kane's WWE title reign is pretty shit, he wins a match that massively favours him by ring attire alone and isn't even the one to cause first blood on Austin, Kane's out on his arse as he wins the title, they really booked themselves into a corner here.
My man barely gets 24 hours with the belt before the Austin Era continues on like nothing happened.

Striker

Reminding me of what a waste that was; and as a service it was to boost Orton of all people.

Toki767

Did Bray beat Cena clean in his debut match? I don't believe so. Beating Cena clean is so unheard of, when someone made a list it was like ten matches total.

List of all the people Cena has lost completely clean to in a 1 on 1 match with no interference or shenanigans at all since his first WWE title win:

Brock Lesnar
HBK
Batista
The Rock
Daniel Bryan
HHH
Kevin Owens

List of people who have pinned Cena clean in multi-man matches

Justin Gabriel
Roman Reigns

Roman Reigns sure is in good company.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah is going on nak or shibata

tumblr_nernck0SiV1snhdpvo2_400.gif

Kaladin

I would have to watch the match again to remember exactly, but there was a point in the Owens Neville match I thought was odd where Owens was in the corner with Neville and the ref was asking Owens "What do you want with me?" or something of that nature, loud enough to be picked up on the mic.

It was so out of the norm it made me do a double take like....did I just hear that?

zychi

Banned
So Neville is the new Evan Bourne? 5 moves and 1 is his finisher? Can he actually wrestle? Dude is jacked but can't tell if he's just a flash in the pan high flyer

I almost forgot that he was champ, if it weren't for the Raw after Mania cash in pop I'd probably have forgotten it entirely, did he even get to defend the belt before getting Swaggered?
I honestly don't remember anything about that reign besides Raw after Mania and the concussion.

JavyOO7

To be fair to this picture, Punk and Bryan had a run at the top. Ryder overachieved. Sydal does good things in ROH, Phoenix is happily married with a kid now, Kofi is getting a decent push in New Day and gets that Lesnar rub and Cody has a hot wife.

WWE needs more overachievers like Ryder if anything. And then for creative to actually guide the journey well...

Top Bottom