• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

All those subscribers will re up for summer slam most likely. But whatever.

I enjoy the product.i enjoy the talent. Cena is far from my favorite but he's been the main face for ten years because he's been the main draw for that long. He still draws and sells merchandise and all the people who boo him specifically when there are lots of other people in a match, out when he on the ring apron in a tag match are keeping him relevant.

I like some faces and heels. I love the effort ask the guys put in to put on a good show.

We hate on Randy but the guy took his licks tonight for our kicks.

Forkball

Cena has been on top since 2005. We're nearing 10 years.

Stone Cold was on top for like 2-3 years (with one year missing for an injury). Rock was on top really for like 1 year.

Cena's been on top for nearly 10. Damn near nonstop.

His time is now. Seriously I think a lot of you haven't researched the deep and complex foreshadowing hidden in his entrance music.

Here is what confuses me the most. You have a fair amount of people bitching in this thread yet don't watch anything else. Why not try to expand your horizon if you aren't happy with WWE and the product you are watching? I don't get it.

Phatmac

It was a pretty bad PPV overall. They need better mid card feuds. Shit like Layla and Summer get a better treatment than most of the roster. All the matches just seemed like they were made a week before the ppv. The wwe is bad right now in that department.

Bionic is the Kane to bean's undertaker.

oversaturates the gimmick to gargantuan levels but fails miserably in trying to garner the same reaction of what he's trying to copy. forgets the simplicity of it all and just falls flat in it's face.

it's just not working with it in this thread anymore.

spider is the paul bearer.

Kane is main eventing RAWs and PPVs in 2014, while your favorite furry little critter has to sit on his ass at home and watch.

#KaneWon

Vylash

Okay, so I have to ask now... Whose fault is this? Who takes the blame for John Cena being the center of the WWE Universe? I remember during the days before Cena when there was so much talent, you could enjoy an entire RAW, depending on the booking. Now there are so many snoozefests on Monday night now, it makes no sense as to why the show is 3 hours long now. So is the new talent to blame? Are they not interesting enough to keep the crowd hyped before the main event? Are their gimmicks not properly tailored to the actual people themselves, to where they seem like actors constantly trying out for the role instead being that persona? Is it the business side of things? Are the people who run the company now adjusting with the times and mindsets of wrestling fans today?

I mean, I genuinely do not understand how everything returns to this dude. He's like Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior, combined. I just want to get why he's the way he is. I don't want to hate anybody in this profession unless they genuinely deserve it. And my anger towards Cena doesn't seem to have a legitimate foundation. If I'm going to hate this cat, I'd at least like to hate him for the right reasons.

Somebody help me out, here.

Bad creative + more content + a toxic backstage environment + a crazy old man running the whole thing = the current product

Jopie

I don't really watch wrestling, but if everyone hates Cena and the fans constantly boo him why is he the top dog in the WWE? Does he just sell a shit ton of merchandise?

Merchandise, kids love him. And to be important in wrestling you have to be really loved or really hated. Being in the middle and getting no reaction at all is what leads to irrelevance.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Here is what confuses me the most. You have a fair amount of people bitching in this thread yet don't watch anything else. Why not try to expand your horizon if you aren't happy with WWE and the product you are watching? I don't get it.
Some of us don't have time for that.

As much as we bitch, it's honestly not that big of a deal for us. We watch RAW sometimes, and try to keep up with the PPV's, hoping something will happen to draw us back. We watch the WWE because it's easy. It's on our TV. We don't have to learn another language, and search online to see what's going on. It's also hard for us to connect with the characters with a language barrier, and that's a major part of why we watch.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Bork and Bootista need to put on one hell of a show at 'Slam. Bootista/Orton. Cena/Bork. Reigns/HHH. Rollins/Ambrose. Bray/Sheamus/Cesaro. 'Dusts/Ascension?

Merchandise, kids love him. And to be important in wrestling you have to be really loved or really hated. Being in the middle and getting no reaction at all is what leads to irrelevance.
Yep. Eight guys in the ring and the crowd are only chanting for or against Cena. Of course he's the most important guy in the match.

ghostmind

ZVaMJSg.jpg

gurudyne

It was a pretty bad PPV overall. They need better mid card feuds. Shit like Layla and Summer get a better treatment than most of the roster. All the matches just seemed like they were made a week before the ppv. The wwe is bad right now in that department.

I disagree. The main event was dull, Layla/Summer Rae and Big E/Rusev were boring, but I liked or loved the rest. Fantastic opening tag match, liked the Divas title match (was that a worked botch? Commentary covered it better than I'd expect for a women's match), first ladder match was fantastic, liked the Dusts versus Rybaxel. Good show.

Saw the results for the rest of the PPV.

WWE Network numbers are going to tank so hard once they hit 6 months. This company is fucked.

Oh and Cena is beating Brock clean as a whistle at Summerfest.

Money. I also didn't pay for WWE Network (I have no interest in it) and I have no interest in watching the product regularly anymore. I actually follow through when I say that I'm going to stop watching Raw as frequently as I used to, and it's not because of Cena. It's because the product as a whole is boring.
Some of us don't have time for that.

As much as we bitch, it's honestly not that big of a deal for us. We watch RAW sometimes, and try to keep up with the PPV's, hoping something will happen to draw us back. We watch the WWE because it's easy. It's on our TV. We don't have to learn another language, and search online to see what's going on. It's also hard for us to connect with the characters with a language barrier, and that's a major part of why we watch.
Also this.
Seriously watch the young bucks instead
I'd rather watch Ric Flair blade in HD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's barely worth trying to talk about wrestling outside of the WWE in here. It usually goes about three posts tops between the same four or five people before being forgotten about. Honestly, there's better places to post if you want to talk about puro or lucha libre, and that sucks.

I don't really watch wrestling, but if everyone hates Cena and the fans constantly boo him why is he the top dog in the WWE? Does he just sell a shit ton of merchandise?

Cena as a Face:
Kids: Yay! Buys lots of his merchandise, parents take them to shows
Adults: Boo! I'm just watching to see if Cena wins so I can be pissed.

Cena as a Heel:
Kids: Boo! Not buying his stuff and now that you mention it, the WWE video games actually look like shit. What else is on?
Adults: Meh. What else is on?

gurudyne

Can't wait for them to act like Cena/Brock didn't happen 2 years ago while they're feuding again....

Kane and Dbry have been in direct contention with each other for months, but there's only been one reference to Hell No, their popular tag team of yesteryear, and that was on Smackdown in March. The show's not big on continuity that doesn't directly support the story they're telling. See: John Cena's Worst Year Ever/WM 29.

Overall great wrestling weekend. Three strong shows in Kizuna Road, Shine 20, and MITB. Contract MITB was my favorite match of the weekend. Ivelisse vs. Serena is a very close second.

Will there every come a point where the remaining people who watch WWE and attend theie events finally say:

I've had enough of this same ol' crap! So fuck this whole thing!

They stop watching/going and the WWE never recovers financially from the loss of their fanbase?

njean777

At this point Ambrose is the most popular face, when he comes out, the crowd goes nuts. I like Roman but he needs to get more moves. Ambrose has the energy and charisma to be pushed.

The PPV was alright, the ending was boring as Cena winning is just to safe at this point, would have rather Bray take it tbh.

Everything else was great except the summer and layla match. Though I still think this company is stupid as hell when it comes to Ziggler, Sure he talks a lot on twitter, but the crowd wants who the crowd wants. Ziggler gets way to many fucking cheers for him to be ignored (as I have said for the 4th time now lol).

Oh and fuck the Kane interfering in the MITB match, you guys hate Cena about as much as I cannot stand Kane at this point. I like Kane, but not this authority crap. Kane was great, now he is nothing but a total buzz kill.

Heroman

Banned
Will there every come a point where the remaining people who watch WWE and attend theie events finally say:

They stop watching/going and the WWE never recovers financially from the loss of their fanbase?

No cause there will always be new fans.

gurudyne

It happens, but not altogether. Ratings for WWE's shows have been in a slow decline since the 90's and the thread loses people every so often simply because the shows lose their interest. It hasn't caused the company to become unprofitable yet, but the problems with the Network are starting to show some underlying, long-term issues.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I forgot I purchased tickets for the 8/11 Raw in Portland. At least it's the SummerSlam go home show.

Top Bottom