• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

bigosc2k

Banned
Some of us don't have time for that.

As much as we bitch, it's honestly not that big of a deal for us. We watch RAW sometimes, and try to keep up with the PPV's, hoping something will happen to draw us back. We watch the WWE because it's easy. It's on our TV. We don't have to learn another language, and search online to see what's going on. It's also hard for us to connect with the characters with a language barrier, and that's a major part of why we watch.
Hit the nail on the head.

Thorakai

So whats the best way for me to start watching New Japan Pro Wrestling? I have some more free time now that I don't have classes to worry about. I'm reading up on this G1 tournament I've heard so much about and it sounds cool.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully you guys will make time for Japanese culture and watch some Puro Resu.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, this year's G1, I feel Lance Archer is going to have a LOT of time in the sun.

Will there every come a point where the remaining people who watch WWE and attend theie events finally say:

I've had enough of this same ol' crap! So fuck this whole thing!

They stop watching/going and the WWE never recovers financially from the loss of their fanbase?

The closest this has come in the past decade was still avoided by an absolute-last-second insertion of Bryan in the Mania match.

It's like a drug, or a thing idiots do/like. It doesn't matter how much times it's burned you in the past, it doesn't matter that you know it'll keep burning you in the future. You remember the good times you had with it, so you come back thinking this time will be different.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Every single time circumstances throw Vince a curve he falls back on nCena.

Every.
Single.
Time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It'd be nice if there were subtitles in japanese matches. It's like I'm trying to watch raw anime episodes otherwise.

What do you need the commentary to tell you exactly?
tumblr_n7y3e8lIyo1sbr34po1_250.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be nice if there were subtitles in japanese matches. It's like I'm trying to watch raw anime episodes otherwise.

That's the thing - I never get hung up on that because the story is told through actions, and not the commentary. I guess for some, it's necessary because there's a distance between it, but for me, it's all in there and all good.

Not to mention a,pll wrestling commentary is garbage . New Japan commentary is awesome because they get hype for stuff and not pushing twitter every 5 seconds

He lost clean to Batista at Summerslam 2008. Totally, 100% clean. Do you do any research before you get huffy and puffy?

I was making fun of somebody who said there was no chance Cena would job to Brock clean at Summerslam.

You don't like dealing with smarks on the Internet, but have been directly interacting with them like so for over a decade? You're not good at this 'walking away' thing.

Actually, I spend most of my wrestling time over on other boards, that actually have a whole lot deeper conversation about booking and such, that doesn't devolve to "Cena never puts anyone over" or "Ziggler should beat everybody!!!!!111!"

This thread is good sometimes, but sometimes, especially when there are "bad" booking decisions, it looks like a newsgroup thread from 1997, only people back then actually had valid complains about Hogan screwing things uo.

Follow your own advice and leave a thread you don't like then.

Like I said, this thread is enjoyable most of the time. But every so often, you forget you're the minority, just like gaming side does when say, Watch_Dogs sells millions of copies despite Downgradegate.

Gorillaz

Alright I'm home now for real. SO over all the MITB sounds like a middle of the road PPV here. I might check out the ladder matches, I knew Cena would go over from the get go and came to terms with that. It is what it is.

Glad to hear Big E doubled down on the pastor thing, could be something great IF handled right.

I think they know people will not sign up for the next work after SS so I can actually see them try to do a hail mary and throw everything they can at the PPV. Brock being one of the big ones. I would say Taker but I feel like they are trying to continue the message of "it's over" for him after that WM lost. DB will most likely be back then as well.

Idk, cheer up, friends you will pull through

hbkdx12

Okay, so I have to ask now... Whose fault is this? Who takes the blame for John Cena being the center of the WWE Universe? I remember during the days before Cena when there was so much talent, you could enjoy an entire RAW, depending on the booking. Now there are so many snoozefests on Monday night now, it makes no sense as to why the show is 3 hours long now. So is the new talent to blame? Are they not interesting enough to keep the crowd hyped before the main event? Are their gimmicks not properly tailored to the actual people themselves, to where they seem like actors constantly trying out for the role instead being that persona? Is it the business side of things? Are the people who run the company not adjusting with the times and mindsets of wrestling fans today?

I mean, I genuinely do not understand how everything returns to this dude. He's like Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior, combined. I just want to get why he's the way he is. I don't want to hate anybody in this profession unless they genuinely deserve it. And my anger towards Cena doesn't seem to have a legitimate foundation. If I'm going to hate this cat, I'd at least like to hate him for the right reasons.

Somebody help me out, here.
This is pretty much where im at as well. I'm not trying to spin this into "the attitude era was way better" argument but thats when i was thoroughly engaged in the product and i just got back into it right after a lil over a year now; right after the wrestlemania where cena beat rock and for the past year any "top tier" players/feuds/title shots have been amongst the same 4 or 5 dudes. Orton, cena, triple h, bryan and like whatever dude has a big enough push at the moment that can spice things up going into a ppv (i.e. roman reigns, bray wyatt)

Aside from the fact that its just predictable, i just dont understand it.

Its like the afforementioned ppl are in the top tier. Then you have b tier ppl who get big pushes and have the talent but effectively go no where (reigns, cesaro, wyatt etc) and everyone else feels expendable like on some sin cara level type shit

NastyBook

Bret Hart went out of his way to put Stone Cold over.
John Cena went out of his way to NOT put Wade over.
So then he does share some of the blame? I'm just trying to make sure the hate for him is warranted. If he's doing shit behind the scenes/in the ring to make others look bad, then that would be enough for me.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Not to mention a,pll wrestling commentary is garbage . New Japan commentary is awesome because they get hype for stuff and not pushing twitter every 5 seconds

That's what I enjoy about the nXt announcers. They actually talk about what's happening in the ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So then he does share some of the blame? I'm just trying to make sure the hate for him is warranted. If he's doing shit behind the scenes/in the ring to make others look bad, then that would be enough for me.

He's certainly not giving anyone anything. He's about himself, and that's fine... If you never want your company to grow.
Nakamura winning the G1 this year. You can take that to the bank.

He already won NJPW Cup this year. He's not John Cena.

Note that the idea Cena didn't want to put Wade over comes from one podcast show by Edge & Jericho. It's never been proved one way or the other.

Also, it would've been the wrong decision to put Wade over Cena anyway, at least for the title. Nexus could've screwed Cena out of the title, then Wade could've beat Cena, then gone for the title, and be built to be a top heel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dude did a clean job to Fale. That's be like Cena doing a clean job to Rusev. I don't see any reason to have him drop the IC belt if not to send him after the IWGP title. What better way to do that than winning the G1?

G1 is supposed to put someone over who's not been a main eventer, or a 'serious' one, out as a main eventer. As a guy who's gonna be in the mixup soon. Nakamura doesn't need that. It's why Tanahashi didn't win since 2007. It's what kickstarted Okada's career. It would be like John Cena winning KOTR or the Royal Rumble. You can do it, but it serves no purpose, and I like to think NJPW isn't that stupid.

strobogo

Banned
I was making fun of somebody who said there was no chance Cena would job to Brock clean at Summerslam.

Actually, I spend most of my wrestling time over on other boards, that actually have a whole lot deeper conversation about booking and such, that doesn't devolve to "Cena never puts anyone over" or "Ziggler should beat everybody!!!!!111!"

This thread is good sometimes, but sometimes, especially when there are "bad" booking decisions, it looks like a newsgroup thread from 1997, only people back then actually had valid complains about Hogan screwing things uo.

Like I said, this thread is enjoyable most of the time. But every so often, you forget you're the minority, just like gaming side does when say, Watch_Dogs sells millions of copies despite Downgradegate.

What other boards that are so much deeper and cooler? DVDVR?

On a side note, how did you feel about Paul Ryan?

G1 is supposed to put someone over who's not been a main eventer, or a 'serious' one, out as a main eventer. As a guy who's gonna be in the mixup soon. Nakamura doesn't need that. It's why Tanahashi didn't win since 2007. It's what kickstarted Okada's career. It would be like John Cena winning KOTR or the Royal Rumble. You can do it, but it serves no purpose, and I like to think NJPW isn't that stupid.

SHIBATA BABAY.

honestly, tanahashi needs to stop being a sina and give it to him.

I don't know. Seems like they are building to something big for Tokyo Dome. And if AJ still has the belt by then, none of the up-and-coming options make sense.

Top Bottom