• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

From a casual perspective, Cena has earned everything he's got.

There are adults screaming for the character, so don't tell me Vince is an asshole when he giving his paying audience what they want.

NYR

Missed the PPV, went to Wrestlezone for the results, and my exact reaction when reading who won the belt:

83571-Blink-182-WTF-gif-Imgur-First-VbnD.gif

Bo Dallas is supposed to be a unliked heel because of how unliked he's been for ages. That's why he still has a job.

Chris Hero tried to sell himself as an ass-kicking badass that'll knock you out and looked like a lanky Sears employee.

They were going to move him up to the main roster but he started getting lazy about fitness. They told him to shape up, he didn't. They took him off TV and instead of getting in better shape, he got worse and said "Fuck it, I'm gonna wear long tights and a shirt now."

We had stories of him just not doing gym time at all. Maybe Bo goes to the gym everyday? He may not be making gains but he's willing to try. Unlike Chris Hero, obviously.

Bo still has a job because of how he was pushed, that's the sole reason. I'm not claiming he doesn't do what he does well, but there's no way in hell he'd get the chances he did if he didn't have a dad who works as an agent.

Chris looked better throwing knock-out elbows that Wade despite his weight and whilst they're pushing Dempsey as being a monster now despite being fat as fuck I guess I just don't see eye to eye on that?

The rest is from the dirt sheets so who knows how much was true? My only point was the people are still employed who look worse than him and have less talent. Thus I think being a dick about his current state given his history with weight issues (and performance enhancing drugs) is a bit much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bullet Club's been needing to be done for a while now. I like to think they would have just ended it, but I guess NJPW just now decided to actually push them.
It's funny that Elgin wasn't picked to be at the G1. Mike benett is going

Elgin invented not getting picked for G1.

ghostmind

Goto's about as likely to get the strap at this point as Wade Barrett.

Probably Karl. Which is who it fucking should have been.

What if Karl wins the G1?

Have him & Gallows lose the tag belts and then have Nak win the Heavyweight championship at some point, culminating in a Nak/Karl WK9 main event.

AJ can feud with Okada or Tanahashi for a while.

Bo still has a job because of how he was pushed, that's the sole reason. I'm not claiming he doesn't do what he does well, but there's no way in hell he'd get the chances he did if he didn't have a dad who works as an agent.

OK, welcome to wrestling. Some wrestler in Texas during the 80's agree with you. Despite this, there are plenty of second generation guys who have washed out. Go find Ted DiBiase Jr., wherever he is.

Chris looked better throwing knock-out elbows that Wade despite his weight and whilst they're pushing Dempsey as being a monster now despite being fat as fuck I guess I just don't see eye to eye on that?

Bull Dempsey looks like a big guy who'd kick your ass. Chris Hero, in his current shape, looks like a tubby guy who'd ring me up at Target. You can be 'big' without looking like a fat slob.

The rest is from the dirt sheets so who knows how much was true? My only point was the people are still employed who look worse than him and have less talent. Thus I think being a dick about his current state given his history with weight issues (and performance enhancing drugs) is a bit much.

Wrestling has never been about who is the best pure worker. It's been about what the promoter wants and will make him money. And since the WWE will automatically make Vince money, it's about what he wants. And he doesn't want guys on the roster to look like chubby guys in the audience. Maybe it's unfair, but again, that's wrestling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Holy crapdoodles, I've made it far enough back into WCW's history that Terra Rysing just put over Alex Wright on his way out to the WWF. Based Haitch always putting over young up and comers.

also PWI's tag team of the year was the NASTY BOYS. They are giving one out to all the Nasty fans in US, Europe and around the world.

Ted Dibiase Jr decided not to renew his contract himself, and it's not like he didn't get multiple pushes either. He was around for a while despite being only alright

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
From a casual perspective, Cena has earned everything he's got.

There are adults screaming for the character, so don't tell me Vince is an asshole when he giving his paying audience what they want.
John Cena: 15 reigns, 1345 days
Stone Cold Steve Austin: 6 reigns, 529 days.
Shawn Michaels: 4 reigns, 424 days
The Rock: 8 Reigns, 367 days
Mankind: 3 reigns, 47 days.

John Cena: 15 reigns, 1345 days.
Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Mankind: 21 reigns, 1367 days.

From a casual perspective, John Cena can't hold the jock strap of any of these 4 individuals. But in 3 weeks, he will surpass their combined times as champions. And he will have not undergone a single fucking character change at all in that time. Which is insane.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So yeah, replace Mankind with a true generational star and Cena still has a ways to go!

He could still likely do it if he stays healthy

Bret hart's time on top was basically late 1992 through late 1995 (about 3 years).

Hate him or not, you gotta admit, he's got skill

beat batista in an "i quit" match

beat brock lesnar in a no DQ match

beat bray wyatt in a last man standing match and the first to pin him.

15 time world champion, Never give up.

Gorillaz

Rollins needs to pick a fucking hair color. Trip needs to tell the kid to make a choice because it is bugging me out and he doesn't look right in a suit with his 2 tone hair.

#fashiongaf

Top Bottom