• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Sblargh

Banned
That looks majestic, friend.

I have to say I was so happy to see the crowd's response to Bryan that it's only setting in now that my hope for a retooling of his character is not going to happen. In fact, they really doubled down with the babyface shtick in that segment. It's a credit to BOth Bo and Bryan that I didn't mind so much.

They can still let him go back to a more aggressive in-ring style. But yeah, what is it with WWE and babyfaces who are just mean? That was mean by Bryan today; poor Bo.

That looks majestic, friend.

I have to say I was so happy to see the crowd's response to Bryan that it's only setting in now that my hope for a retooling of his character is not going to happen. In fact, they really doubled down with the babyface shtick in that segment. It's a credit to BOth Bo and Bryan that I didn't mind so much.

trying to make him be all nathan drake to all his opponents never did him any favors and should've never been a thing for in the first place.

less nathan drake MORE MAX PAYNE.

i want him to kill
i want him to complain
i want him to hate every fucker in the ring that stands in his way

making him this beta tool ass smirk machine justifies bionic, spider, dragon, jesse, and bean's criticisms. because lets face it, i get where they're coming from.

have him smile like he does in my avi, after he wipes the floor with anyone's legs or arms or head. preferably sina.

Real talk, I think one of my favorite moments of the last few years as a wrestling fan is just how happy Scott Hall, Jake, and Bret sound these days. Like, Bret sounds so much better than he did only a few years ago. And Scott and Jake aren't talking like they want to die.

It's really nice.

Agreed. It was great to see them all happy and positive at the Hall of Fame.

trying to make him be all nathan drake to all his opponents never did him any favors and should've never been a thing for in the first place.

i want him to kill
i want him to complain

making him this beta tool ass smirk machine justifies bionic, spider, dragon, jesse, and bean's criticisms. because lets face it, i get where they're coming from.

have him smile like he does in my avi, after he wipes the floor with anyone's legs or arms or head. preferably sina.
fuck sina

i want him to kill
i want him to complain

Um, so you want him to turn into a heel? I mean, fine, but he won't be selling many 'Yes' shirts to 8-year-olds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope we get a Sting documentary as good as the Warrior one. I hope that about every wrestler though.

Also, does Warrior talk about Rude in his documentary? Because I always think it's weird he thinks Randy made him a better wrestler when it always looked to me like he improved with Rude. I don't think his match with Savage was that good, honestly.

Um, so you want him to turn into a heel? I mean, fine, but he won't be selling many 'Yes' shirts to 8-year-olds.

look what's happening to him right now. less bryan danielson, more bryan mills.

killers sell bruh just ask goldberg.

fuck yes i'm comparing the two, fuck yes i am.

bryan can strangle a puppy while wiping his ass with the american flag and he'll still be a face.

Sblargh

Banned

It's very weird to be worrying about how many shirts he sells, but anyway, as far as I am concerned, he can just go back to where he was pre-wrestlemania. Yes Movement, challenging authority, getting beat up, yes, but winning matches, being handcuffed, that kind of stuff.

Post wrestlemania they went way too far with the underdog thing.

Sblargh

Banned
You know, thinking about it, there is one simple common sense that WWE seems to be forgetting a lot: your champions aren't underdogs, they are your champions. They are supposed to be the best you have to offer and they are supposed to be respected by the rest of the cast as the best otherwise being a champion doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't matter if Daniel Bryan smiles, panders, laughs, whatever; it is good to not be angry, it starts to be bad when he looks weak as a champion. Same goes with Paige, with The Usos being literally called underdogs today. The belt should be your ticket out of underdog status unless someone completely new (bork) enters the scene.

Kornflayx

Just wanna say that Kane is the worst shit in the WWE today

ibwPa2PPqZSp7e.gif

You know, thinking about it, there is one simple common sense that WWE seems to be forgetting a lot: your champions aren't underdogs, they are your champions. They are supposed to be the best you have to offer and they are supposed to be respected by the rest of the cast as the best otherwise being a champion doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't matter if Daniel Bryan smiles, panders, laughs, whatever; it is good to not be angry, it starts to be bad when he looks weak as a champion. Same goes with Paige, with The Usos being literally called underdogs today. The belt should be your ticket out of underdog status unless someone completely new (bork) enters the scene.

well he ain't champion no moh so, FUCK SHIT UP

Bryan+Smash_424d80_4695473.gif

tumblr_n7yehjfQ8s1rka1sjo1_500.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are there any documentaries on the early, early days of WWF? Like Vince Sr, Captian Lou, Gorilla, Patterson, The Briscos, stuff? Even just a Vince Sr documentary would be great. Though I guess there's not a ton of footage on him. Or even just Vince's early stuff when he took over the company.

Aiii

So not worth it
Eternal hate for Cameron and Naomi.

When you're doing a storyline where Cameron hates Naomi and doesn't want her to win.

DON'T DO YOUR HAPPY DUAL ENTRANCE DANCING AND CHEERING AND SMILING TO THE FUCKING RING, BEFORE REVERTING BACK TO LOOKING ANGRY/HAPPY AS NAOMI IS WINNING/LOSING. This is one of my worst pet peeves in wrestling. Stay the fuck in character ALL THE TIME.

Eternal hate for Cameron and Naomi.

When you're doing a storyline where Cameron hates Naomi and doesn't want her to win.

DON'T DO YOUR HAPPY DUAL ENTRANCE DANCING AND CHEERING AND SMILING TO THE FUCKING RING, BEFORE REVERTING BACK TO LOOKING ANGRY/HAPPY AS NAOMI IS WINNING/LOSING. This is one of my worst pet peeves in wrestling. Stay the fuck in character ALL THE TIME.

Um she was being in character, she's her friend in front of her face but not behind her back. That is why she went back to being concerned for her after she lost. Please pay attention to the complex storytelling that is going on

Aiii

So not worth it
Um she was being in character, she's her friend in front of her face but not behind her back. That is why she went back to being concerned for her after she lost. Please pay attention to the complex storytelling that is going on

Post-match, sure.

But no, the entrance was happy-go-lucky and then the bell rings and suddenly she's angry/jealous/whatever. On the big-screen, as Naomi is running around the ring. What because she's wrestlings he can't glance to the side and accidentely see "Angry Cameron".

I call bs on that. BS I tell you!

Kenta Kobashi (c) vs Yuji Nagata - (NOAH 2003/09/12)

Hey, guess what? This match is good. Shocking, I know. They tease a slugfest at the beginning, but Nagata & Kobashi get down to some wrassles for a good ten minutes before Nagata decides he's had enough of that shit and just starts kicking Kobashi really hard. Kobashi survives Nagata's submissions and comes back strong, then the last half of the match is just both guys throwing goddamn bombs at each other. Crowd are crazy hyped, as you'd expect for an inter-promotional match of this calibre.

Nagata.gif

That Cena, he sure has a knack for winning the big ones.

Im very proud of this young boy winning the title. I mean he got it against all odds. Even Kane couldnt hold him back on winning the gold, so he clearly deserves it...

In retrospect the RAW after wrestlemania was the beginning of the end of what could have been an awesome time in wrestling...

And now? We got that weird Rusev guy, who is basically a more heave ripoff of Ivan Drago straight out of Rocky IV...and Daniel Bryan is a preshow figure...

I rented 12 Rounds from work last night in honor of Cena's 15th World Title win, i think I'll watch that instead of Raw. I wonder which one will be worse

I would've gotten the Marine for a double feature but somehow it was checked out like 15 minutes before closing. should've planned ahead

Isnt there like Band Camp 3 or whatever the movie was called with our saviour Johnathan "his royal wishgranter" Cena?

Edit: Fred3: Camp Fred....

Sid

So BNB and Daniel Bryan are injured,Punk is out,Cena is champ for billionth time and Bork Laser is nowhere to be seen....think about that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hm, actually down 9 pounds instead of 6 over the past week,
didn't go to the bathroom since Saturday until this morning.

Yay weight loss!

Forkball

Here's a list of everyone Cena beat for the title in order.

JBL
Edge
Edge
Jericho
Edge
Orton
Orton
Sheamus
Batista
Miz
Mysterio
Del Rio
Rock
Del Rio
Vacant

A decade of dominance.

Looking back through the thread I'm not sure which made Wrasslegaf saltier, the rather expected yet ever loathed lolCenawins or Kane being the one who stopped Ambrose from winning the MitB was, it may be closer than you think as i'm sure poster equated the second event with WWE ruining an "Austin 3:16" moment which I for one find hilarious.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's got plenty of time to do it too. Two more title victories in the next 5-7 years? Totally doable.

Imagine a 40-year old Cena still wearing khaki shorts and a baseball cap.

Oh no, Cena is going straight to the actual record of 21 title wins. No compromise on this one.

As per Wiki: "Flair is officially recognized by WWE, TNA, and Pro Wrestling Illustrated as a 20-time world heavyweight champion (ten-time NWA Champion, eight-time WCW Champion, and two-time WWF Champion) although the actual number of his world championship reigns varies by source."

UberTag

Looking back through the thread I'm not sure which made Wrasslegaf saltier, the rather expected yet ever loathed lolCenawins or Kane being the one who stopped Ambrose from winning the MitB was, it may be closer than you think as i'm sure poster equated the second event with WWE ruining an "Austin 3:16" moment which I for one find hilarious.
He's got a point. Steve Austin in this era would have been treated like Dolph Ziggler.
Or given a push like Wade Barrett until Swagger crippled him in a way that would make Owen Hart blush.

Alucard

Banned
The PPV went exactly as expected in terms of results, so the salt levels shouldn't be too high.

-Rollins won
-Usos won
-Paige won
-Rusev won
-Cena won

Pretty sure almost everyone predicted these things except maybe for the tag match. Ya'll should be pleased with your smarts, you marks!

Top Bottom