• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

DMczaf

It's bad enough to have Kane be the monster heel in 2014, but his entire offense looks soft as shit. He's slow and soft, making his old ass look even more ridiculous.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's bad enough to have Kane be the monster heel in 2014, but his entire offense looks soft as shit. He's slow and soft, making his old ass look even more ridiculous.
People here are hilarious. Kane is a safe worker, and for a big man, that's a huge plus. It's why they use him. He fits everything they need. An agile (slow? He's fast as fuck for his size), safe, incredibly versatile big man veteran who's more than willing to put young guys over.

Oh man this is going to amazing

(7) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [67th Champion] Kota Ibushi vs. [Challenger] KUSHIDA
~ 5th title defense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kenta Kobashi (c) vs Yuji Nagata - (NOAH 2003/09/12)

Hey, guess what? This match is good. Shocking, I know. They tease a slugfest at the beginning, but Nagata & Kobashi get down to some wrassles for a good ten minutes before Nagata decides he's had enough of that shit and just starts kicking Kobashi really hard. Kobashi survives Nagata's submissions and comes back strong, then the last half of the match is just both guys throwing goddamn bombs at each other. Crowd are crazy hyped, as you'd expect for an inter-promotional match of this calibre.

So I watched this while driving to work (I know, I was stuck in traffic) and all I wanted to do once I finished is watch it again. That goddamn crowd is so hot, and Nagata's in probably what I'd say his prime. Kobashi being Kobashi, but goddamn Nagata is delightful.

Aiii

So not worth it

A bit too much hyperbole for me, but that said, that Tombstone yesterday looked awful. I didn't buy that move for a second.

alstein

A bit too much hyperbole for me, but that said, that Tombstone yesterday looked awful. I didn't buy that move for a second.

Given how WWE feels about piledrivers in general, it's going to be super-soft.

I'm shocked they let Luke Harper do a powerbomb yesterday, and he hit a really nice one at that.

I'm not really anti-Kane, he's an old hand. Thought last night might have been the first time I ever thought "you know what I kinda wish he didn't have the mask on" when he came out and attacked ambrose.

Kenta Kobashi (c) vs Yoshihiro Takayama - (NOAH 2004/04/25)

Brutal match, Takayama was amazing for most of the early 2000's and he's one of the few guys who can throw Kobashi around and make it look easy. Never a good idea to piss off Kobashi, though...

Kobashi1.gif

Vince McMahon said:
So I watched this while driving to work (I know, I was stuck in traffic) and all I wanted to do once I finished is watch it again. That goddamn crowd is so hot, and Nagata's in probably what I'd say his prime. Kobashi being Kobashi, but goddamn Nagata is delightful.

It's easily one of Nagata's all-time best matches, I'd say. A real good story to it as well and the crowd really were amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kenta Kobashi (c) vs Yoshihiro Takayama - (NOAH 2004/04/25)

Brutal match, Takayama was amazing for most of the early 2000's and he's one of the few guys who can throw Kobashi around and make it look easy. Never a good idea to piss off Kobashi, though...

It's easily one of Nagata's all-time best matches, I'd say. A real good story to it as well and the crowd really were amazing.

I'll never get used to Takayama having an intact face. That match with Don Frye is still one of the most fantastic things I've ever, EVER seen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Bryan, it's really a shame WWE went the direction they did with his character. I'm so uninterested in him right now, and WWE keeps putting dirt on him.

The two ladder matches served as a perfect showing of how less participants are more in the grand scheme of things, I mean that's kinda obvious in itself yet it was really noticeable going from the mostly smooth briefcase ladder match where everyone got a good showing to the title match where the often forgotten ADR's crowning moment was hitting an enziguri and mini superkick.

Not gonna lie, his offence is pretty sluggish these days, especially since they remasked him.
Needs more Demon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was ridiculous, but Takayama's face is also a result of the stroke he had later in 2004 after this freaking brutal G1 match against Kensuke Sasaki. The post-match stuff is really disturbing, because he looks so completely out of it.

I'm not going to watch that. You think I'm going to watch that?!

...I'll watch it.

Everyone should watch Don Frye vs Takayama though, probably one of the greatest moments in MMA history:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp58a5_don-frye-vs-yoshihiro-takayama-pride_shortfilms

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of Bryan, it's really a shame WWE went the direction they did with his character. I'm so uninterested in him right now, and WWE keeps putting dirt on him.

Doesn't really matter, as said, another surgery probably means neck fusion which is at least a full year before he's back.

Ithil

Cole going "What an incredible moment!" while Cena and Reigns faced off in the ring to silence from the crowd was funny.

Cagey

Banned
Cole going "What an incredible moment!" while Cena and Reigns faced off in the ring to silence from the crowd was funny.

And then the crowd cheered/booed louder than the rest of the match to that point when they threw down, but that's ok.

Does it? Why's that?

If he goes the Peyton Manning route and he loses strength in his arms (edit: again) post-surgery just like fivehead did, the recovery time could be quite long.

Kornflayx

Watching wrestling unspoilered is so much more fun guys (shocking I know)

When Kane came out and chokeslammed Ambrose I fucking lost my shit. Definitely doing this again

WWE put out a press release in Japan confirming a 'Public Contract Signing' at the July 12th show in Osaka. Hulk Hogan's going to be in attendance and the press release urges fans; "Do not miss the birth of a new Japanese superstar!".

I don't remember there being this much fanfare when they signed Tatsu, so hopefully that bodes well for KENTA's future in WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE put out a press release in Japan confirming a 'Public Contract Signing' at the July 12th show in Osaka. Hulk Hogan's going to be in attendance and the press release urges fans; "Do not miss the birth of a new Japanese superstar!".

I don't remember there being this much fanfare when they signed Tatsu, so hopefully that bodes well for KENTA's future in WWE.

Stop. Don't get your hopes up. I want it to be good, just...just don't, Boots. Just don't. I promise this is for your own good.

Wait I remember the last time Hulk Hogan was in Japan, Jeff Jarrett KOed him with a guitar
THE SIGNING IS JEFF
IT'S JEFF JARRETT

XenoRaven

I for one am thrilled that Cena won. Like the Mets fan that is just tired of the disappointment, I'm switching to the winning team. Here's to another reign of terror. Cena's about to wash away the stink of Punk's 434 day reign. I'd like to thank Cena for teaching me the most important lesson life has to offer.

Never give up

your spot on the card.

Guzim

Was Yoshi Tatsu a big star in Japan before he signed to WWE?

Was Yoshi Tatsu a big star in Japan before he signed to WWE?

He was starting to become a thing in NJPW, IIRC. But he bailed to do WWE. It was good when he was on ECW for a bit, but then nothing

Either way KENTA being in WWE will probably lure Punk back to do commentary, because I remember his dumb ass saying if KENTA ever came to ROH he would die to do commentary for it

Real talk with Wade out put the strap on reigns. Give him the Goldberg push (la parka squash included). Then on July 6th 2015 do a reigns Cena match . Boom

183808_106621416085042_3797248_n.jpg

Hasney

If they've got Devitt, they should do the signing with him in the same way. Then bring out Kenta afterwards, would be a big deal.

Then fade the shot away with Vince laughing manically that they won't be seen on TV ever again.

Sin Cara really should have used a second mask as a Mr. Socko type prop.

I think the most disappointing part of Last night was Cesaro for me personally. It was a shame he didn't get a chance to shine and do some crazy spots besides a couple of uppercuts. I love when he does something ridiculous with his strength.

strobogo

Banned
Missed opportunities last night:

Give the Wyatts the tag titles and Bray the world title

Have Roman win the ladder match, then be bounced by Cena, enforcing the hatred of Cena and making Romans more over as a face with everyone as he got "screwed" by Cena "burying" him.

Dean didn't do the Zandig pose during the briefcase match

No curb stomp onto a ladder

Making Rusev/Big E a flag match

Heeling on Jon Stewart

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All those shots of Jon Stewart w/his son, in Cena gear, is all the reinforcement you need that WWE did what's truly best for business last night.

It'll pass. It always does. Cheer up, and like I said last night, learn to love the undercard ala WCW.

njean777

Watching wrestling unspoilered is so much more fun guys (shocking I know)

When Kane came out and chokeslammed Ambrose I fucking lost my shit. Definitely doing this again

Maybe thats why I get pissed, I watch it without spoilers all the time.

strobogo

Banned
All those shots of Jon Stewart w/his son, in Cena gear, is all the reinforcement you need that WWE did what's truly best for business last night.

It'll pass. It always does. Cheer up, and like I said last night, learn to love the undercard ala WCW.

I'm cheery. Although I feel like my brain got cooked yesterday. And that chat. Everyone was so 'cist.

In other news, I finished the first volume of Absolute Sandman. I'm into it and will continue with the story, but it is probably going to be a month or two before I pick up the second volume.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm cheery. Although I feel like my brain got cooked yesterday. And that chat. Everyone was so 'cist.

In other news, I finished the first volume of Absolute Sandman. I'm into it and will continue with the story, but it is probably going to be a month or two before I pick up the second volume.

It's some heavy shit. I can only read so much Sandman before I'm like...okay. I gotta stop for a month. Or more. It's heavy, it's wonderful.

Top Bottom