• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Aiii

So not worth it
I know......but the memory remains.

The Streak was supposed to have been beaten by Cena. Taker was too broken down and Vince couldn't count on another match, so it had to be Brock. SummerSlam is going to correct this issue.

Because of his gimmick,it could be pretty big,he's a nice enough worker too.

I think so.

What's his gimmick? Putting his hand over his chest occasionally and saying 'We the People' in time with Zeb Colter after having stood silently like a muppet?

I don't know if you saw how Barrett got injured, but it was incredibly sloppy and dangerous on the part of Swagger. He needs to get beat up for at least a few weeks.

What the hell, Japan? I don't even...

fl1uRlT.jpg

What's his gimmick? Putting his hand over his chest occasionally and saying 'We the People' in time with Zeb Colter after having stood silently like a muppet?

I don't know if you saw how Barrett got injured, but it was incredibly sloppy and dangerous on the part of Swagger. He needs to get beat up for at least a few weeks.

And he injured Dolph beforehand and basically cost him his carrier and then some time later BNB and Dolph got an awesome match and the next second Swagger injures BNB...he is either a rather shitty wrestler or he knows how to eliminate his rivals
he is just shitty...

Sid

Yeah that is his gimmick,could be more than that though but you got a point,BNB shouldn't have been injured.

What was dangerous about Swagger pushing BNB like that?

It was just the force of it, combined with the lack of distance between them and the barricade - if Swagger hadn't shoved Barrett so hard, or it had been done from a few feet further back, then Wade would've had time to properly rotate and hit the barricade with his back flush, rather than with his shoulder.

giancarlo123x said:
I think Kane might be worse than Cena. My eyes almost rolled out my head every time he showed his face. Go home Kane.

This. I honestly can't stand him and hate seeing him in any sort of major role in the WWE these days.

Browny

Banned
Afternoon GAF, what's happening....

cenawinslol

GAF vitriol

No real surprises then... Bork confirmed for SS. I can see him winning - WWE want dem mainstream headlines (after Bryan made all those front pages).

What was dangerous about Swagger pushing BNB like that?
Someone mentioned he looked to start the throw too close to the barrier, so BNB didn't get a chance to move fully around to take the bump on his back.

Edit: Bootaaay with the dets.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I really don't get the hatred Kane gets in here. I can understand if you dislike him, but the hatred to him is just overblown. He's just a big man veteran who's putting guys over. At this stage, the man does practically nothing but put guys over. That's essentially it. You can say you're sick and tired of seeing him, but what do you want them to do? No other big man can do it. Show ain't shit, and Henry can't get out of bed without injuring himself. No one else is left. Kane can still hold his own. He did more in that match yesterday than Cena. You could say that you want a young guy in his role, but how long would a young talent's career last as the Authority's designated jobber? I could understand if he were holding young talent down, but Glenn Jacobs doesn't do that.

Ithil

I don't really care that he's "putting guys over", because his matches are terrible, and beating him doesn't mean anything because he's been a jobber for so long.

Hasney

I really don't get the hatred Kane gets in here. I can understand if you dislike him, but the hatred to him is just overblown. He's just a big man veteran who's putting guys over. At this stage, the man does practically nothing but put guys over. That's essentially it. You can say you're sick and tired of seeing him, but what do you want them to do? No other big man can do it. Show ain't shit, and Henry can't get out of bed without injuring himself. No one else is left. Kane can still hold his own. He did more in that match yesterday than Cena. You could say that you want a young guy in his role, but how long would a young talent's career last as the Authority's designated jobber? I could understand if he were holding young talent down, but Glenn Jacobs doesn't do that.

He's not really "putting guys over" so much as squashing them for weeks on end but losing the actual match. Any Kane angle at this point is boring and his matches don't make up for it, which is exactly the same as Show.

I don't hate him, he's just dull. I'm sure they could do something interesting with him if they tried, but lol Creative.

You make valid points and the fact is, I don't really know why I dislike him so much. It's not so much hate, as it is apathy, at least from my perspective. I don't think he's a terrible wrestler and agree there's little veteran big men who can do what he does at his age, which is why he's in the spot he's in. I just don't care for it and miss tag team Kane.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't really care that he's "putting guys over", because his matches are terrible, and beating him doesn't mean anything because he's been a jobber for so long.
Well, of course beating him does nothing, he's done nothing but job, so his credibility is shot. However, there's no one else left to fit that role. In a match between two people, someone has to lose, and they'd rather he lose than some young guy who could have his career come to a screeching halt the moment he loses a major feud. And as far as his matches being terrible, that's just not true and you know it. The internet loves hyperbole, and while his matches may not be great, they're not terrible or even bad. Not great, but not bad. He's still more competent in the ring than a good chunk of the roster.

It's too late Soul, they've too long gone in their blind rage.
So much so that last night when WWE had a rare moment of clever continuity based booking in having Corporate lackey Kane ensure a victory for Trips hand picked guy Rollins and in a manner that mirrored the plan Kane was also to follow for Trips other main man Orton they cried like they'd just witnessed the career burial of Ambrose who had a hard earned victory taken away from him by authority induced outside interference instead of just losing like a standard chump/Dolph Ziggler.

Indeed at this juncture a new faction should be formed of Kane, Big Show and Rey Mysterio, they would be called "the Deserted".
In a new generation where people boo them for simply showing up and trying to entertain them they finally decided that they've had enough of the disrespect and start targeting the fan favourites.
Just picture the scene as Dolph Ziggler is forcibly held in the second rope by a weeping Big Show while Rey Mysterio hits a 619, and then another, and another as Kane keeps swinging him back on the rebound outside the ring, I think I've found the perfect role for these three to occupy in this modern era if I do say so myself.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He's not really "putting guys over" so much as squashing them for weeks on end but losing the actual match. Any Kane angle at this point is boring and his matches don't make up for it, which is exactly the same as Show.

I don't hate him, he's just dull. I'm sure they could do something interesting with him if they tried, but lol Creative.
WTF? When did he do this, with the exception of Bryan? And the only reason Kane did that to Bryan is because Bryan needed multiple write offs to explain his absence for his dad dying and his neck surgery.

Ok so Cena wins lol, Bork beats Cena, Cena beats Bork but gets destroyed after, Rollins cashes in, waste a few months of Authority cheating to help Rollins beat Cena/Ambrose/Kane/whoever zzz, Reigns stuck feuding with Orton till he wins Royal Rumble, Rollins vs Reigns at WM. Somehow get Ambrose in there too so we have a full Shield triple threat match?

Cena wins it back the next month because of course he does.

I don't think I want to see another half year of BOO ROLLINS HE ONLY WINS BECAUSE HHH HELPS BOO type story line. Just shopping out Orton for Rollins. I guess we'll get some good matches out of Rollins and Ambrose which will help.

At least Paige and Total Divas Naomi was awesome.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's too late Soul, they've too long gone in their blind rage.
So much so that last night when WWE had a rare moment of clever continuity based booking in having Corporate lackey Kane ensure a victory for Trips hand picked guy Rollins and in a manner that mirrored the plan Kane was also to follow for Trips other main man Orton they cried like they'd just witnessed the career burial of Ambrose who had a hard earned victory taken away from him by authority induced outside interference instead of just losing like a standard chump/Dolph Ziggler.

Indeed at this juncture a new faction should be formed of Kane, Big Show and Rey Mysterio, they would be called "the Deserted".
In a new generation where people boo them for simply showing up and trying to entertain them they finally decided that they've had enough of the disrespect and start targeting the fan favourites.
Just picture the scene as Dolph Ziggler is forcibly held in the second rope by a weeping Big Show while Rey Mysterio hits a 619, and then another, and another as Kane keeps swinging him back on the rebound outside the ring, I think I've found the perfect role for these three to occupy in this modern era if I do say so myself.
Yeah, WrassleGAF gets weird during PPV's. They let their inner mark come out, which is fine, but they start acting like it's real. What happened in the MITB contract match made Rollins look like a huge heel (which is great), and made Ambrose beloved in the fans' eyes, and it gave him another reason to be pissed off at the Authority, which freshens up the angle and pushes his character along. It's the best thing that could have happened to the both of them.

BTW, your ideas are always great, and I would love that faction, lol.

Browny

Banned
Just watching Glastonbury... I think my childhood is well and truly gone.

Firstly Taker:

img_75861_undertaker-loses-to-brock-lesnar-actual-video-wrestlemania-30-21-1.jpg

Now Metallica:

_75550895_metallica_getty.jpg

Everyone's getting old... Has anyone in wrestling or music aged particularly well?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, WrassleGAF gets weird during PPV's. They let their inner mark come out, which is fine, but they start acting like it's real. What happened in the MITB contract match made Rollins look like a huge heel (which is great), and made Ambrose beloved in the fans' eyes, and it gave him another reason to be pissed off at the Authority, which freshens up the angle and pushes his character along. It's the best thing that could have happened to the both of them.

BTW, your ideas are always great, and I would love that faction, lol.

Kane would also make a good APA style goon for hire.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kane is not entertaining.

Simple as that. He has boring matches and boring feuds and that makes me bored whenever he's on, whenever someone is in a program with him.

It's not hatred at all, just plain old boredom.

It was just the force of it, combined with the lack of distance between them and the barricade - if Swagger hadn't shoved Barrett so hard, or it had been done from a few feet further back, then Wade would've had time to properly rotate and hit the barricade with his back flush, rather than with his shoulder.

It was right on the corner too. I'm not sure if the first hit to his shoulder on the left side (looking up the ramp) was the one that did him in, or if it was the second on the opposite side, but both gave him no chance to protect himself, and yeah, the corner rather than the middle of the barricade can only have made things worse.

I don't hate Kane Soulplaya, but 'the demon Kane' being treated like a legitimate threat by commentary is very annoying. With corporate Kane at least there was storyline acknowledgement of his ineffectiveness.

I had no problem with the case match ending. Ambrose shouldn't take a clean loss so early in his baby face career to his archrival.

Rollins gets monster heel heat as an undeserving winner.

I had no problem with the case match ending. Ambrose shouldn't take a clean loss so early in his baby face career to his archrival.

Rollins gets monster heel heat as an undeserving winner.

And it gives Ambrose even more fire because he had beaten Rollins and it took outside interference to rob him of the win.

You are right about that. And he does the rarity of taking loss after loss after loss and remains credible. Still don't want him in main events though.

I don't hate Kane, I just zone out in boredom as soon as his waddles down to ringside to interfere every 4 seconds.

Zzzz.

I can't take the BAH GAWD ITS KANE! STRAIGHT TO HELL!! demon shit where they try to play him off as a monster who can't be stopped then oh nevermind he was stopped. 'Creditability' has been shot to pieces. The matches are crap then he moves on to the next person to do same role 'oh no look out!! oh wait never mind' storyline.

Even though thats his job now or someone has to do it - its still boring as f**k.

Big Shoe is the same, crying idiot jobber in a diaper, month later when they need a filler feud - WEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL "THE BIGGEST ATHLETE IN HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE GAWD NO CENA HAS NEVER HAD A THREAT LIKE THIS BEFORE THE WORLD IS GONNA BE DESTROYED MAGGLE!"

A funny thing about last nights Title ladder match is that they play it up as if Orton's the sneaky one with DEMON lackey Kane participating as his helper and Trips at ringside for moral support yet his performance in the match was quite hard fought, Orton also had a few notable spots and by the time we reached the closing segment he's busted open yet still valiantly trucking on outlasting the other competitors.
Then Cena having done bugger all for most of the match and putting in the weakest and safest risk free performance just walks in, adjusts some attitudes and basically steals the win in a way that'd make Edge proud.
I look forward to seeing how they spin this on Raw with Cena's hard fought victory promo about overcoming the odds while that slimy snake Orton tried to cheese his way to victory but was bested by hustle, loyalty and respect.

I'm not too happy about Cena winning but I'm happy Rollins got MitB.

Hopefully, Reigns wins the title around the end of the year, Ambrose wins the Royal Rumble and Rollins cashes in MitB at Wrestlemania and we have a Shield main event.

But that's just my hopes.

A funny thing about last nights Title ladder match is that they play it up as if Orton's the sneaky one with DEMON lackey Kane participating as his helper and Trips at ringside for moral support yet his performance in the match was quite hard fought, Orton also had a few notable spots and by the time we reached the closing segment he's busted open yet still valiantly trucking on outlasting the other competitors.
Then Cena having done bugger all for most of the match and putting in the weakest and safest risk free performance just walks in, adjusts some attitudes and basically steals the win in a way that'd make Edge proud.
I look forward to seeing how they spin this on Raw with Cena's hard fought victory promo about overcoming the odds while that slimy snake Orton tried to cheese his way to victory but was bested by hustle, loyalty and respect.

I said it last night. Orton deserves props for the punishment he put himself through for our entertainment last night. He got bust open twice, not that I think they showed the first time on TV. One of the ladders fell and hit him, which didn't look planned and I presume that's when he got cut, and he went over to where Trips and Steph were and was worked on by staff, presumably they were gluing him shut and cleaning him up. The same cut opened up later, but by then they couldn't really do anything as he was obviously key to the finish.

Even so, the crowd really didn't want to see him win. He was getting the good kind of boos, I think. Part of the (somewhat muted but still surprising) cheer that happened when Cena won, was I think, because Cena stopped Randy from winning with Kane's help.

Obviously they didn't want to see the authority get two over them, after the briefcase match.

Ninhead

Well, of course beating him does nothing, he's done nothing but job, so his credibility is shot. However, there's no one else left to fit that role. In a match between two people, someone has to lose, and they'd rather he lose than some young guy who could have his career come to a screeching halt the moment he has a match with Jack Swagger.

Sorry- couldn't help but fix it.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Thats what bugged me about the match. Most of the people I was watching with were ok with Orton or Reigns winning, those two did put on a pretty good match. Then AA out of nowhere, lolcenawins. I don't hate Cena as much as most, but if they were going to give him the title, he probably should have wrestled more in the match.

Top Bottom