• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Mengetsu

Bleacher Report Nailed How I Felt Last Night.

His sequence with Roman Reigns, in which he exchanged headbutts with the second-generation star and split himself open to the point that he was wearing the proverbial crimson mask, was phenomenal.
The sight of the bloodied star climbing the ladder in hopes of retrieving the prize that awaited him only increased the drama and helped make for a better ending.

A great performance from someone who is not likely to get the recognition he deserves coming out of the show.

olihqa.gif

That ladder spot was the best part of the match for me because of this. I was actually smiling and enjoying the match much more cause you could feel like it was a legit fight for those belts. Blood is ok sometimes WWE. Stupid Matel endorsements :/

As for Cena I knew it was coming so I don't care. When he breaks flair's record that's the day to be mad. I got Ambrose and many more up and comers who don't even need a belt to see how great they are.

Edit: New Paige

1597331_1451966551722113_565403352_a.jpg

I just started Sandman about a month ago, but I have een taking my time. Each of Neil Gaiman's novels I've read (aside froma good solid half of American Gods) left me bored and unsatisfied. Hoping the strong visual component is just what I need to see what everyone sees in his work!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Orton deserves a shitload of credit after last night. He's consistently great, gets booked poorly, but manages to be excellent. One of WWE's best talents, easily.

This still gets me mad. Never wanted anyone to beat that record especially Cena. :(

Looking back at title histories the other day, I came to the conclusion that I would prefer if WWE just forgot the "World Heavyweight Title" aka the "Smackdown Title" ever existed. When your belt has been held by the likes of The Great Khali and Jack Swagger, it's better to just not acknowledge it. It also racks up the title count of people like Edge, whose title reigns don't deserve to be in the double digits.

As for last night, folks, I could only laugh. Anything is better than Roman Reigns for me at this point. I thought they'd put it on Orton and build some interesting tension within The Authority's faction, but I made a grievous error in discounting Cena.

Cena always wins, baby!

RP912

Banned
Orton deserves a shitload of credit after last night. He's consistently great, gets booked poorly, but manages to be excellent. One of WWE's best talents, easily.

No lie Orton stole the show last night in that main event. Say what you want about him but dude really puts in work to make matches credible.

Mengetsu

No lie Orton stole the show last night in that main event. Say what you want about him but dude really puts in work to make matches credible.

Yea the guy strait up put in work last night. I'm giving him more credit after that performances for sure.

I thought the blood brought nothing to the match. To each their own.

It really is. Most here tend to agree on no blood. I just like it cause personally it brings the match and it's meaning more to life since in my head I know it's "fake".

Yeah, I hope he's not busted too bad.

The PPV top to bottom was just fun to watch, I really have no complaints. Well except Summer Rae/Layla being pretty useless, Fandango did nothing :[ Still nice for WWE to know that Summer can cry on command, they usually only use Big Show for that!

FAV FIVE MOMENTS OF THE PPV:

1-Rollins almost dying no less than three times
2-Big E/Rusev Spear
3-Cut to Jerry Lawler slowly shaking his head while the camera is on HHH and Steph
4-Orton climbing the ladder as a bloody mess
5-Ryback pounding his chest for 15 seconds straight and then shouting "I STILL GOT IT" before being elbowed in the face

Hell even RVD looked really good at points.

somedevil

Well for the Next pay per view Orton is going to face his biggest challenge. He is going to face Reigns most likely in his first big singles match. He has to make him look good while trying not to do many chinlocks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think regarding blood almost everyone agrees that it should be used sparingly, but when it is, it can enhance an event.

somedevil

Bryan news:

As noted, Daniel Bryan appeared at Money In the Bank and said that he may have to have another surgery soon. If Bryan does have to go under the knife again, he could be out of action for as long as 6 months to 1 year.

If he has the surgery the earliest he could be back is for the Rumble.

DMczaf

Bryan news:

Loudest Rumble pop ever? Where is Rumble 2015 at?

"According to PWInsider.com, WWE is currently planning to hold next year's Royal Rumble event at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA on January 25th."

Loudest Rumble pop ever.

That Bryan shit sounds like the biggest trap ever, but that may just be the cynic in me. I could see them just having him show up and win the belts again at random at some point in the future.

Loudest Rumble pop ever? Where is Rumble 2015 at?

Philadelphia, mofucka!

strobogo

Banned
It's some heavy shit. I can only read so much Sandman before I'm like...okay. I gotta stop for a month. Or more. It's heavy, it's wonderful.

It is. And it is. Too heavy to try to read the whole run back to to back.

Dude got busted open and continued to wrestle, which every wrestler has done. Let's not go over board with how tough his is over it. It's blood, not a broken bone or serious injury.

RP912

Banned
That Bryan shit sounds like the biggest trap ever, but that may just be the cynic in me. I could see them just having him show up and win the belts again at random at some point in the future.

Philadelphia, mofucka!

Whose NUMBER 30....*yes chants*

*cues fandango music*

:/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude got busted open and continued to wrestle, which every wrestler has done. Let's not go over board with how tough his is over it. It's blood, not a broken bone or serious injury.

Well I just mean in general - the blood isn't the focus. Orton just continues to bust his ass these past few years, ever since WWE decided to get behind him again after ages of nothin' due to his drug usage. He's been wrestlin' great. Would love to see him wrestle outside of WWE.

Yeah, they pull that shit in Philly, people will just straight up fucking leave
ORTON HAS WON THE EMPTY ARENA ROYAL RUMBLE

Philly ain't shit tho

RP912

Banned
It is. And it is. Too heavy to try to read the whole run back to to back.

You got to also factor in how big that gash was and how much blood was pouring out. Dude was leaking all over the place.

dream

I told you guys years ago that RKO is the best. But noooo, I must be "working a gimmick" because Blandy Boreton lol.

¡HarlequinPanic!;118896242 said:
Yeah, I hope he's not busted too bad.

The PPV top to bottom was just fun to watch, I really have no complaints. Well except Summer Rae/Layla being pretty useless, Fandango did nothing :[ Still nice for WWE to know that Summer can cry on command, they usually only use Big Show for that!

FAV FIVE MOMENTS OF THE PPV:

1-Rollins almost dying no less than three times
2-Big E/Rusev Spear
3-Cut to Jerry Lawler slowly shaking his head while the camera is on HHH and Steph
4-Orton climbing the ladder as a bloody mess
5-Ryback pounding his chest for 15 seconds straight and then shouting "I STILL GOT IT" before being elbowed in the face

Hell even RVD looked really good at points.

RVD seems to have shaken off the ring rust as of a couple of weeks ago. I thought he had a good match on NXT against Neville the other week too, and even if he almost screwed up the curb stomp in the Rollin's match, he actually ended up selling it better than I can remember anyone else selling it.

Cagey

Banned
If Daniel Bryan has surgery again, and recovery is 6 months to 1 year, it would require the best case scenarios for the procedure and his recovery for him to get Rumble approval.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Suck it OKC Man, the only reason your Thunder games are always sold out is because you guys don't have anything else to do down there!

I love the Thunder :(

This is true

I told you guys years ago that RKO is the best. But noooo, I must be "working a gimmick" because Blandy Boreton lol.

I know that feeling

RVD seems to have shaken off the ring dust as of a couple of weeks ago. I thought he had a good match on NXT against Neville the other week too, and even if he almost screwed up the curb stomp in the Rollin's match, he actually ended up selling it better than I can remember anyone else selling it.

RVD looked rough on NXT, because Neville looked just that much better in every department. It's a shame. RVD looked great in MITB though, much better. I think he's on his way out...soon

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh man, I just saw the Barrett injury from smackdown.

What the hell, Swagger?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What the hell, Swagger?

At this point I gotta assume Swagger is doing some OLD SCHOOL shit. Keeping people away from his spot. Trying to bring everyone down to his level. If that's what he's doing, he's successful. Maybe Dutch is in his ear telling stories about breaking peoples' legs to keep their spot.

What the hell, Swagger?

I know, right? I cheered last night every time Swagger ate someone else's offense. My wife was yelling at all the other wrestlers in the match to break his legs. We both wanted him to come out during the main event to take even more punishment.

Yeah poor Barrett man. Breaking his arm and now this from freak accidents.
This wasn't a freak accident. It was Swagger being extremely reckless.

Striker

Well I just mean in general - the blood isn't the focus. Orton just continues to bust his ass these past few years, ever since WWE decided to get behind him again after ages of nothin' due to his drug usage. He's been wrestlin' great. Would love to see him wrestle outside of WWE.
He's been getting main event spots and title reigns for at least six years now - nonstop since we'll include in the WHC. He's doing less headlocks and stomps, but he's still about as exciting as a white sheet of paper. His matches with Cena and Sheamus often end up in fans chanting for anonymous wrestler, dead or alive.

I wouldn't expect his stuff with Reigns to be much less.

Cagey

Banned
At this point I gotta assume Swagger is doing some OLD SCHOOL shit. Keeping people away from his spot. Trying to bring everyone down to his level. If that's what he's doing, he's successful. Maybe Dutch is in his ear telling stories about breaking peoples' legs to keep their spot.

Spot protection is for dudes with spots to protect.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I said it last night. Orton deserves props for the punishment he put himself through for our entertainment last night. He got bust open twice, not that I think they showed the first time on TV. One of the ladders fell and hit him, which didn't look planned and I presume that's when he got cut, and he went over to where Trips and Steph were and was worked on by staff, presumably they were gluing him shut and cleaning him up. The same cut opened up later, but by then they couldn't really do anything as he was obviously key to the finish.

Even so, the crowd really didn't want to see him win. He was getting the good kind of boos, I think. Part of the (somewhat muted but still surprising) cheer that happened when Cena won, was I think, because Cena stopped Randy from winning with Kane's help.

Obviously they didn't want to see the authority get two over them, after the briefcase match.

Orton has almost had as much time on top as Cena. But I think the reason why the fans never turned on Orton like they did with Cena, even though he's mostly been the same character over the last 10 years (though he HAS switched from heel, to face, to heel, to face, to heel over that time...unlike Cena) is because Orton almost always turns it up a notch on PPVs. The man's a great worker, and isn't afraid to put his body on the line. When was the last time we said "holy shit" at a bump Cena took?

Then again, orton also spent 2006-2010 in the tag division (with Edge in Rated RKO) and faction leading (with Legacy), while Cena's always been lingering around the title or main event feud.

Hasney

Bryan news:

Godammit. I hope they keep him off TV though and does a surprise return. I think the big stars should just vanish in these injury periods, whereas someone like BNB will benefit more by continuing to be on TV through his injury. Especially if it leads to more HHH impressions.

Hey, everyone complaining about not having the money to explore options outside WWE?

Have a free 2.5 hour Progress show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

Enjoy fuckers.

This is awesome and you should all watch it. I mean...IT'S FREE;

PROGRESS, "Chapter 13: Unbelievable Jeff", 2014.05.18

01. Rampage Brown vs 'Dazzling' Darrell Allen
02. Natural Progression Series - Quarter-Final: Pete Dunne vs Robbie X
03. 'The Pride of Wales' Eddie Dennis vs 'No Gimmicks Needed' Michael Gilbert
04. Tag Title no.1 Contendership Elimination Match: The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch) vs Screw Indy Wrestling (Mark Haskins & Sha Samuels) vs Project Ego (Kris Travis & Martin Kirby) vs The Swords of Essex (Will Ospreay & Paul Robinson)
05. 'The Anti-Hero' Tommy End vs El Ligero
06. Prince Devitt vs Zack Sabre Jr.
07. PROGRESS Championship Ladder Match: Jimmy Havoc (c) vs 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's been getting main event spots and title reigns for at least six years now - nonstop since we'll include in the WHC. He's doing less headlocks and stomps, but he's still about as exciting as a white sheet of paper. His matches with Cena and Sheamus often end up in fans chanting for anonymous wrestler, dead or alive.

I wouldn't expect his stuff with Reigns to be much less.

I can't help but feel that almost any time Orton gets silence or indifference, it's due to the booking. I watched Cena/Orton from...Royal Rumble 14 I think? With the sound muted - and it's a sound, solid match. People just didn't want it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

04. Tag Title no.1 Contendership Elimination Match: The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch) vs Screw Indy Wrestling (Mark Haskins & Sha Samuels) vs Project Ego (Kris Travis & Martin Kirby) vs The Swords of Essex (Will Ospreay & Paul Robinson)
07. PROGRESS Championship Ladder Match: Jimmy Havoc (c) vs 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews

I really loved this show. Highly recommend the Jimmy Havoc main event, End vs Ligero, Devitt vs Sabre Jr, and Rampage Brown vs Allen. It's really all worth seeing but if you pick one match on the card, you'll probably love End vs Ligero most.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was actually thinking of championing Orton to this thread last night. The man gets no damn respect when all he does is wrestle excellent matches day in and out.

Did Jimmy Havoc get good or are you all just trying to trick me?

Because I remember when he wrestled on the England/Germany tour I filmed and, well

He also spent like a solid year putting people over after the Christian fued as well. All the while peppering weird flourishes such as bizarre tongue wagging and star jumps in the middle of matches.

Orton's always been A+ in my book.

...except for that match with Edge at Vengeance 2004 where they did this weird as hell criscrossing irish whip spot, hoofa.

Hasney

I can't help but feel that almost any time Orton gets silence or indifference, it's due to the booking. I watched Cena/Orton from...Royal Rumble 14 I think? With the sound muted - and it's a sound, solid match. People just didn't want it.

Nah, I didn't enjoy that match at all. I don't think Cena and Orton have that much chemistry no matter how many times they face off.

I think a lot is to do with his character as well, but his matches where he tries to be slow and methodical come off as dull to me. His best run was his Smackdown face run where he feuded with Christian because he showed so much more energy.

oh snap and i was going to buy this

TYVM

SUCK IT BRONSON

Top Bottom