• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Big E and Rusev busted their asses - they knew their limitations and while it wasn't as quick as last month's bout, they had some pretty hard hitting stuff that looked great. People don't wanna admit it, but Rusev is legit fun.

I agree. That was a fun match. Rusev proved to me that he can go. All I've seen from him is squashes but he showed me a ton last night.

Shame he will get fed to Cena and linger in the lower mid card after that.

Kornflayx

saw 2 things from last night:

the Bryan segment. what a fuckin corpsing cunt. BO-ner. wow. Bo's reply should be "hey, at least i'n not a beta that allows my wife to control every aspect of my life, you fuckin plant eating cunt". and you people love this guy and hate Cena.

HUGELY LAMBDA APPROVED match by Big E and Rusev. easily one of the best powerhouse hoss matches of the last few years. no rest holds, no working limbs, just trading power moves and hitting each other hard. sure, it's not Goldberg vs Scott Steiner from Fall Brawl 2k but then again, nothing is.

It's like you're reading my mind

ibfOPh7Q1QNedk.gif

Big E and Rusev busted their asses - they knew their limitations and while it wasn't as quick as last month's bout, they had some pretty hard hitting stuff that looked great. People don't wanna admit it, but Rusev is legit fun.

Here's the problem. That match had no sense in being booked. Rusev already beat Big E clean and easy at the last pay per view. It was an alright match, but no one was asking for a rematch.

So they did a good job on the rematch, sure, but in the end Rusev wins again. Clean.

If Rusev didn't look to be clearly on the Umaga booking path, I'd find it a lot easier to get into... but he is. He's squashing his way all the way to the very top, and then he's either going to get stopped cleanly by Cena or Reigns.

And that's fine, no matter what smarks think, because, you know, that's how you make your top guys look good. You smartly build a monster, over a year or so, and then have your top guy beat him. Problem is that so many people want to see Cena lose to whoever, that people start getting behind the monster. If the guy in the monster role is a great worker too, then they're going to be even more pissed when he loses.

But really, Umaga was never going to be a top guy. A really good mid carder? Absolutely. Same with Rusev. Unless he starts cutting really good promos in English he's not going to regularly main event.

So yeah. Big vs Rusev was just another clean win for Rusev on his way to the inevitable 'John Cena saves America!' win down the line.

Heck, Battleground... what are they going to do with Cena there? Who do we want to see him beat clean? I mean, Orton would make sense storyline wise, but no one really wants to see that match again, and it really just fills a spot on the card. But who else makes sense against Cena, given that he'll be winning?

I'm guessing Orton vs Cena. I hope they keep Bray well away from him. And dear god, GIVE THE WYATTS A WIN ON A PPV.

Also, as Cena-esque as calling someone a boner may be, it made sense and was justified. Bo comes out to troll Bryan about his injury and Bryan calls him a dick and tells him to leave. Pretty tame stuff.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Heck, Battleground... what are they going to do with Cena there? Who do we want to see him beat clean? I mean, Orton would make sense storyline wise, but no one really wants to see that match again, and it really just fills a spot on the card. But who else makes sense against Cena, given that he'll be winning?

I'm guessing Orton vs Cena. I hope they keep Bray well away from him. And dear god, GIVE THE WYATTS A WIN ON A PPV.

Not sure what's worse of the two likely options, Cena/Orton XXXVII or Cena/Kane.

I asked this in the last topic, but now that it has come to pass (and I'd like to remind everyone that I totally called it happening) who else thinks that Cena winning the title was primarily a result of WWE's bad financials? I mean, Vince did come out and say that the company's core business (IE Wrestling), remains strong, but that fact that...

1. Vince has apparently taken over 100% of the TV booking
2. Daniel Bryan will apparently not be seen as a main event-level talent on his return.
3. Cena won the title

...seem like a push from Vince to hit the reset button on the company and make it seem viable for investment again. Pretty much since the economic collapse of 2008 we have existed in a bear market where investors only go for sure bets to make money. And despite the fact he's arguably bigger than the title, being the world champion puts you at the forefront of the show. And as much as Wrasslegaf, the IWC, and live crowds like to shit on Cena, Vince doesn't give a damn about any of them. He cares about making money, he cares about investors, and right now, with the company in the shape it is in, the only way he can make sure of that is to have Cena as champion.

Until Bork returns and fucking murders him at SummerSlam

If only they coulda used this for his theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KCqI6yb70

Ah, the memories. Ambrose' current theme is good though. If he continues to be over, they could even lay some lyrics over it.

I'm growing fond of Big E for some reason - I must be going sick in the head. And Rusev is entertaining when he actually sells people's offense and his hair gets all poofy, Curt Hennig style.

"Jean shorts—what the hell is THAT all about, John? This ain't no family picnic. Towels and baseball hats? What a load of CRAP. So, John, you're coming back to continue a LEGACY? UH-UNH! Scumbag's gonna make your comeback a living HELL. So, you can start begging for some mercy right now. You will beg for mercy—YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FIND IT! I think you're completely pathetic."

Haha, Ambrose should have followed through on his vow to ruin the entire PPV after getting screwed by Kane, destroying monitors like Bret Hart post-Survivor Series.

Bizazedo

I was just thinking, a lot of the "new" music is without lyrics and just instrumental. Sometimes it works (Real Americans, Shield), but it feels cheap and actually negatively affects my opinion of a wrestler when it's bad (Seth Rollins).

I don't know why I feel this way now....it's not like a lot of the old music had lyrics (Kane, Stone Cold). Maybe it just feels like the average intro isn't as good recently or a bad batch of them, I dunno.

Rollins especially, with just the name on the screen, feels cheapish / temporary.

strobogo

Banned

Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, LeBron James? I don't get it.

Just an excuse to throw the word cunt around. I still don't know why that shit isn't bannable.

Man, cunt is a fine word to use as long as you aren't use it with malice towards a woman. And even then, sometimes it is a totally accurate word to use. Like towards Nancy Grace. But if you get into a fight with your girlfriend and call her a stupid cunt, you're probably a huge asshole. Calling dudes cunt/cunty is totally acceptable.

Not sure what's worse of the two likely options, Cena/Orton XXXVII or Cena/Kane.

Yeah. That's the biggest issue with Cena with the belt right now if I'm honest. Either we have to see him squash someone who can't handle it right now, or we have to watch him fight Orton and/or Kane. Which... yawn.

If you have to use the word cunt as an insult it's because you seriously lack imagination and you think [Women's parts] are deeply offensive.
PEACE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I asked this in the last topic, but now that it has come to pass (and I'd like to remind everyone that I totally called it happening) who else thinks that Cena winning the title was primarily a result of WWE's bad financials? I mean, Vince did come out and say that the company's core business (IE Wrestling), remains strong, but that fact that...

2. Daniel Bryan will apparently not be seen as a main event-level talent on his return.
3. Cena won the title

...seem like a push from Vince to hit the reset button on the company and make it seem viable for investment again. Pretty much since the economic collapse of 2008 we have existed in a bear market where investors only go for sure bets to make money. And despite the fact he's arguably bigger than the title, being the world champion puts you at the forefront of the show. And as much as Wrasslegaf, the IWC, and live crowds like to shit on Cena, Vince doesn't give a damn about any of them. He cares about making money, he cares about investors, and right now, with the company in the shape it is in, the only way he can make sure of that is to have Cena as champion.

Yep, I believe they now have a legit responsibility they know Cena can take care of.

3. Cena won the title

i miss the days when wrestling was about steroids and big guys

Cagey

Banned
Glad to see some people on #TeamRusev

Dood is fantastic. A legit big guy.

I WAS ON RUSEV DAY 1, MARKS.

I WAS RIGHT THERE WITH YOU BRO. Thick thighs, barrel chest, all that glorious body hair, giving no fucks for people mirin' aesthetics. #TeamRusev is #TeamPermabulk

If you have to use the word cunt as an insult it's because you seriously lack imagination and you think [Women's parts] are deeply offensive.
PEACE

I'm not going to survive the Stroudification of WrassleGAF

Watching the March 21, 2002 Smackdown they uploaded to WWE Network. Good lord, Steph is in her damn prime in 2002. I think she's 25 years old here. Even Lawler can't resist oogling her. Too bad her promos and personality were still total dog shit and excrutiating.

FhYNYS2.png

joelseph

Last night's PPV was more PG13 than I remember any of the recent product being. You had the BO-ner references, the boob jokes, blood. I was hoping Kaitlyn would come out topless.

I think Bryan's reaction was pretty warranted last night. Bo comes out to troll him so he tells him to f**k off.

What was he supposed to do? Put laxatives in his drink later then trick an old widow into getting him a title shot?

Top Bottom