• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

It's pretty remarkable - even the style of wrestling isn't that different from PWG, which is a given what with the similar rosters. Perhaps it's the crowd, I don't know - it just seems like there's a ton of little things that all conspire to make Gabe's stuff far less interesting than PWG. His insistence on always having a shitty heel stable involving Caleb Konley, for one thing. I actually like Konley elsewhere, but he's poison in EVOLVE.

Having watched a couple DGUSA shows in person, I can say even the NY crowds are usually lifeless.

Because otherwise
would require Cena putting someone over at MITB

I was picturing a scenario more like:
Cena valiantly sacrifices himself to stop Lesnar from taking the title. Or Cena is assaulted by Lesnar preventing him from re-attaining championship glory. Nofuckinway do I imagine a scenario wherein Cena just loses because [it's reasonable for a guy to lose fair and square in a gimmick match with 9 competitors].

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bo Dallas' Butterfingers line still reliably makes me laugh like a drain. So fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Court Bauer told me he got into the TNA/RoH shit on the show today, so we're good.

Sblargh

Banned
I won't disagree that is lame, but D-Bry's pre-show is what I am most interested in about MitB.

Maybe the briefcase match. Title match is like, 8 people I don't really care possibly winning the title.

RP912

Banned
I have a feeling that the briefcase match will be the motn. Meanwhile the actual title ladder match will be all cesaro but mostly clusterfuck.

UberTag

Can't say I'm surprised at that. It makes the most sense since the others aren't really ready for a Brock match (Cesaro/Lesnar feels too soon, as is Roman/Lesnar). Hopefully Lesnar gets his win back but I do doubt it to be honest. Still, Cena's had shorter reigns and Lesnar could hold it to eventually build to Lesnar/Bryan for the title. Maybe at Royal Rumble or Survivor Series.
Lesnar/Bryan will probably happen for the title. But you know damn well who's taking the title from MyClientBrockLesnarBroketheUndertaker'sUndefeatedStreakatWrestleMania...

tumblr_inline_n3mnuq18EY1sv28u2.gif

The dream is dead. Team NO won at WrestleMania. Team B Plus lost.

The real fun will be when Cena fails to put Brock over at Summerslam. No clean pins here.
He'll need a ton of outside shenanigans to take the title from the 15-time Champ at whatever PPV falls after Summerslam.
Likely from whomever's push has been ordered to suicide itself after Cena's next title run. Most likely this will be Rusev.
Rusev interference will give Brock his next title reign. Then he'll be booked like a chickenshit because that makes no sense for a monster heel.

Also I'm guessing the winner if MITB will be a failed cash in since I can't see anyone cashing in on Brock.
You guessed correctly. Although there's a "remote" chance they let Rollins keep the briefcase as a parachute post-WM 31 in the event of Reigns' title run being a disaster. They don't seem to be leaving much to chance in that department, though. Don't expect any D.Brine-esque hiding behind his wife-getting laid out by TheDemonKane debacles here.

If anything, the briefcase holder might save us from a terrible Reigns vs. Big Dave title feud. So there's that.

well goddamn. Can we have any young blood in commentary. I swear Vince has a weird thing for ghoulish old guys that don't have no interest in the wrestling match in front of them.
Vince the Insane Lunatic is only interested in commentators that will parrot the mindless garbage he blusters from gorilla and young blood is filled with pride, self-worth and self-awareness to realize that commentary is shit to work well with him in that role. Although I suspect both Alex Riley and the Miz have very little of those things left so I expect them to take over at the commentary desk before long.

RP912

Banned
Those stupid WWE Network budget cuts. Ugh.

Hopefully these damn cuts will fix the fucking streams. I tried watching capital combat last night and was pissed that I had to skip through the freebirds match......which isn't technically a bad thing.

I hate Micheal Hayes.

somedevil

Brock is winning the title but there is no way he is holding onto the title for 8 months when he has supposedly only 23 dates left until WrestleMania. It will be interesting how they book this.

The list of NXT injuries:

* Tyler Breeze, broken finger
* Corey Graves, second concussion
* Kendall Skye, broken wrist
* Dana Brooke, leg injury
* Veronica Lane, leg injury
* Marcus Louis, leg injury
* Cal Bishop, torn rotator cuff

Also, Josh Matthews became replaceable with Renee Young, Byron Saxton and Tom Philips around. Renee Young has replaced him for the preshow and post show.

Brock is winning the title but there is no way he is holding onto the title for 8 months when he has supposedly only 23 dates left until WrestleMania. It will be interesting how they book this.
Why not? That would actually be better. Brock as the champ with Heyman explaining how he only has to defend the title every so often and won't lower himself to appear at this particular Raw, and Brock shows up at PPVs and the rare Raw to destroy someone.

RP912

Banned
Nah, I'd replace Tenay with Borash. Borash showed alot of energy and was great on commentary when he replaced Tazz a couple of times.

I never understood why Borash can't stick to commentary for tna. Dude is like Tony Schiavone without the hyperbole. He's awesome. The only commentator besides Don West to make Tenay seem interesting to listen to.

Bryan vs Orton for the title

Reigns vs HHH

Cena vs Lesnar

Ambrose vs Rollins

Would be a Wrestlemania - esque card for Summerslam. I'd buy it. All these with long term builds already in place.

UberTag

Why not? That would actually be better. Brock as the champ with Heyman explaining how he only has to defend the title every so often and won't lower himself to appear at this particular Raw, and Brock shows up at PPVs and the rare Raw to destroy someone.
Not only that but it would elevate Cesaro to the main event to fight Brock's battles for him while he's gone.

jmdajr

CoachVerified account ‏@CMPunk

Happy birthday to @rickygervais who deals with almost as many idiots as I do! May you have a blessed day full of blessings.

Top Bottom