• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

jmdajr

Lol, this whole militant atheist thing the US has going on is pretty amusing. I guess when religion is so ingrained in the way a country operates, atheists feel the need to be more vociferous about their beliefs, or lack of them. Here, it isn't something a lot of people think about, because a lot of people don't think about religion in general.

Must be even worse in Europe. But hey, at least we got Black metal out of it.

edit: I read an interview with that Guy from As I Lay Dying who tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife.
He talked about people who believe things in absolutes flip out when they no longer believe. If morality only exists because of God, and I no longer believe in God, then nothing matters and I might as well be an asshole and do anything. But people who grow up in a more sensible way, don't straight up go insane when their belief system comes crashing down.

I'd imagine maintaining a public Twitter account will be important to his future income once he regains control of the CM Punk brand.

I eagerly await CM Punk: The Flamethrower.

Wesker is getting off on teasing this news just like Punk gets off on those idiots. D-Bry would never stand for this shit. You know he supports the freedom of information act like all hippies.

Gorillaz

I told you, it would just stir up shit. I'm not doing it.
Do it. What's the worse that can happen?
sass1.png

Cole: "Sting? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Steve Borden has arrived in WWE. You might remember his legendary feuds with Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan and the nWo" (he won't say Vader because little jimmy doesn't know who he is). Laugh up at some guy wearing face paint because (snicker) what a nerd.

'mommy look it's a clown going through mid life crisis'

UberTag

Seriously. And that would also function as a slow build to Cesaro's big face turn when he goes after Brock.
The Cesaro vs. Brock match is the one encounter I'm actually looking forward to. Unfortunately, we have to wait through obligatory Cena/Lesnar title reigns until he loses the belt to Reigns (heh, I said reigns twice) in order to see it.

We're probably looking at Summerslam 2015 for that match. "Maybe" we get it at a mid-tier PPV between Mania and Slam but doubtful. They've gotta give Brock that obligatory title rematch first. (God I hate that rule.)

We should also get a decent Cesaro vs. D.Brine program beforehand. Provided that D.Brine isn't permanently broken.

Is it me or does CM Punk remind you of Phil Fish? Dudes quick to bitch on twitter about their fanbase.
It's a Phil thing. All Phils do this.

'mommy look it's a clown going through mid life crisis'
Doink's coming back? Sweet.

Ed6QG9a.jpg

Oh Naruto! Confessing his love! Meanwhile CM Punk with that smug smile not raising his hand, he don't give a shit.

nWJNaar.jpg

Poor guy, so devoted but shes with someone else. Punk is just using her!

hxZqwJJ.jpg

"I'M THE BEST IN THE WORLD!"

Lol, this whole militant atheist thing the US has going on is pretty amusing. I guess when religion is so ingrained in the way a country operates, atheists feel the need to be more vociferous about their beliefs, or lack of them. Here, it isn't something a lot of people think about, because a lot of people don't think about religion in general.

So true. I mean we had a King that changed the whole church setup just so he could have many Wives.

strobogo

Banned
Bo getting his win streak to 21 and then having Bork come OUTTANOWHERE to crush him sounds great and has to happen. Huge missed opportunity otherwise. I didn't even think about that's where Bo's winning streak could go.

UberTag

Bo getting his win streak to 21 and then having Bork come OUTTANOWHERE to crush him sounds great and has to happen. Huge missed opportunity otherwise. I didn't even think about that's where Bo's winning streak could go.
Brock is only interested in breaking '21 and 0' streaks.
Whereas Bo's streak will be '21 and Bo'.
Entirely different things.

As someone who watched Velocity every week, I'm pretty bummed about Josh Mathews release. Heard he saved a lot of money before he got married and divorced to one of the hosts of one of WWE's recap shows, so hopefully he got to save some money since. If I had to guess they fired him because he gets nose bleeds and had one on air awhile ago.

I think I heard someone yawn.

I seriously doubt WWE would take Wrestlemania to Japan.....maybe the UK again, but Japan?

I guess TNA thinks they'll at least sell it out there because Japanese fans will go for it.

But they won't. Wrestling in Japan is the shits right now. WWE can't even draw there right now.

jmdajr

It's unrealistic for the superstars to want the people to go bonkers in the arena, but not mark out in real life.

I know there is a proper place for everything but some people can't turn it off.

GREAT JOB TNA. That poster isn't going to upset *anyone*.

And you guys do know an atheist that isn't a militant asshole. Me! Hi, hello! I list my religion as 'tolerant' on Facebook. IF you don't think you know me I'll gladly talk religion in like, other non wrasslin related threads.

Quick summary, I have absolutely no belief in God. No doubt in my mind that such things don't exist. However, I do not think religion is a bad thing at all, and I recognize that other people believe in their religions with complete conviction.

I do not try to convert people. I find evangelism of anything rude and annoying (religious beliefs, diets, exercise routines, spirituality, you name it). Do not misrepresent me though, because I won't misrepresent you.

We aren't all assholes. The only time I'll jump down your throat is if you say that we are. I stand firm on my stance on religion, but generally, I'm not going to attack anyone elses.

Horse

Banned
It's unrealistic for the superstars to want the people to go bonkers in the arena, but not mark out in real life.

I know there is a proper place for everything but some people can't turn it off.

Lord knows I try, but man oh man I just loose it when Bray Wyatt comes out.

I wish I could grow a beard like Bray.

But they won't. Wrestling in Japan is the shits right now. WWE can't even draw there right now.

It's not as cut and dry as that - New Japan have been on a steady rise for a good few years now, attendance-wise, and WWE struggled to draw in Japan simply because they did stupid shit without proper understanding of the scene over there. For instance, they tried to run against New Japan during the G1 and ended up with a half full Ryogoku Kokugikan, which must have cost them a fair bit.

Mr. Sandman said:
I thought at least New Japan was still pretty big over there, or is that why they're branching into the US market more?

New Japan are trying to break into the international market specifically because business is good at home - there's no real competitor for them, at present. Dragon Gate are the only promotion that comes close and they're seen as something of a niche product that doesn't appeal to the mainstream fans over there.

Mr. Sandman said:
I guess TNA thinks they'll at least sell it out there because Japanese fans will go for it.

The problem there is that they promotion they're partnered with (Mutoh's W-1) are also struggling to draw and brought in TNA guys to try and help alleviate that problem. It didn't work all that well.

jmdajr

GREAT JOB TNA. That poster isn't going to upset *anyone*.

And you guys do know an atheist that isn't a militant asshole. Me! Hi, hello! I list my religion as 'tolerant' on Facebook. IF you don't think you know me I'll gladly talk religion in like, other non wrasslin related threads.

Quick summary, I have absolutely no belief in God. No doubt in my mind that such things don't exist. However, I do not think religion is a bad thing at all, and I recognize that other people believe in their religions with complete conviction.

I do not try to convert people. I find evangelism of anything rude and annoying (religious beliefs, diets, exercise routines, spirituality, you name it). Do not misrepresent me though, because I won't misrepresent you.

We aren't all assholes. The only time I'll jump down your throat is if you say that we are. I stand firm on my stance on religion, but generally, I'm not going to attack anyone elses.

I wanted to mention that gaf was filled with reasonable Athiests. I just don't know any in real life.

Those that don't believe fully but are still reasonable are more agnostic.

strobogo

Banned
As someone who watched Velocity every week, I'm pretty bummed about Josh Mathews release. Heard he saved a lot of money before he got married and divorced to one of the hosts of one of WWE's recap shows, so hopefully he got to save some money since. If I had to guess they fired him because he gets nose bleeds and had one on air awhile ago.

Or because he probably made the most money out of the b-team announcers since he had been around for 13 years or so.

Bound for Glory is at Korakuen Hall, apparently - that's about 1,800 ~ 2,200 seats, depending on the set-up they use. Shouldn't be too hard to sell out, especially if you can get Mutoh to wrestle.

Aiii

So not worth it
Atheism is great guys, you should try it once. We have tons of fun at our Atheist meetings, they are like mini raves. Also, none of that pesky repenting.

I wanted to mention that gaf was filled with reasonable Athiests. I just don't know any in real life.

Most that are not asshole either believe or are agnostic.

I am not an agnostic. But I have friends who are Christian fundamentalists all the same, who post religiously fueled opinions on transgendered issues and gay rights. I leave them be over that stuff. Obviously I'm friends with them for other reasons.

I do consider religions fair game for criticism, but when it comes to an individuals beliefs, only an asshole tries to change those.

A good example is the Church of Scientology. They've done loads of stuff I don't like, but I'd never ridicule their beliefs in Xenu and thetans and all that, which I don't honestly think are notably strange when considering other religions. Signing people up for thousand year contracts to get cheap labor, or trying to squeeze every penny out of their believers? Yeah. That shit is horrible.

Can we talk about TNA's idiotically offensive poster instead though?

Kaladin

Wow, hopefully a big crossover with talent. There is a good chance this will be the final TNA ppv, unless Spike renews them.

Maybe Mutoh will announce that he has bought TNA as the PPV goes off the air, but do it in Japanese so that American viewers won't know what is going on till someone bothers to translate it the next morning.

jmdajr

I am not an agnostic. But I have friends who are Christian fundamentalists all the same, who post religiously fueled opinions on transgendered issues and gay rights. I leave them be over that stuff. Obviously I'm friends with them for other reasons.

I do consider religions fair game for criticism, but when it comes to an individuals beliefs, only an asshole tries to change those.

A good example is the Church of Scientology. They've done loads of stuff I don't like, but I'd never ridicule their beliefs in Xenu and thetans and all that, which I don't honestly think are notably strange when considering other religions. Signing people up for thousand year contracts to get cheap labor, or trying to squeeze every penny out of their believers? Yeah. That shit is horrible.

Can we talk about TNA's idiotically offensive poster instead though?

Tom Cruise makes awesome movies. I don't care what he believes. Obviously works for him.

Kaladin

Because the game is going to be the same shit as the previous years.

You mean just like how the promotion of "Oh, it's the best game ever! We've brought in commentary teams to record 50 hours of new lines! We've improved tons of things that our fans have complained about! Three counts have improved! Graphic models will look 20x better this year!" is also exactly the same as previous years?

jmdajr

Vickie

It has been an amazing 9-year career at WWE. I started at WWE as Eddie's wife, and now I am leaving with my own identity. I loved performing in front of millions of people. Whether you hated or loved me, I appreciated every moment. I gained some amazing friendships that will always be kept in my heart. It is time to turn the page and start a new career in medical administration. I have so many other things to do in my life, and the most meaningful one is graduating from college in January. (Phil. 4:13 – "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.")

It is time to say "goodbye and thank you" to everyone from the WWE Universe, WWE Headquarters and everyone backstage.

My first "thank you" goes to my Lord Jesus Christ, for giving me a healthy mind and body to have been able to do the exciting things inside and out of the ring. He always kept me safe in my travels, and gave me the strength to improve myself emotionally and physically year after year.

To my beautiful daughters, Shaul and Sherilyn – Thank you for inspiring me to be better than yesterday. Your support was unconditional when I traveled. I still feel sad that I had to miss so many of your milestones. I love you girls with all of my heart.

Linda and Vince McMahon – I am grateful for the opportunities you gave me. Thank you for having my family feel accepted as a part of yours. I am thankful for the friendship we have built over the years. Vince, Eddie loved you like a dad! He had so much respect for you and it was always important to make you proud. Thank you for believing in me when I didn't!

Stephanie – You are the true example of an independent, strong and successful woman. It has been an honor to work next to you. Thank you for being a part of my last night at WWE. I was honored! I wish happiness and love for Paul, you and the girls.

To all the agents – Thank you for all of your help, advice and guiding me to have my segments successful… Arn, Fit, Dean, Road Dogg, Scott, Joey, Mike, Kidman, Jamie and Johnny."

Top Bottom