• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Mr. Sandman said:
You mean just like how the promotion of "Oh, it's the best game ever! We've brought in commentary teams to record 50 hours of new lines! We've improved tons of things that our fans have complained about! Three counts have improved! Graphic models will look 20x better this year!" is also exactly the same as previous years?

Believe it when I see it. And that means when I *actually* see it, not when some chump on IGN gushes over the game like they do every single freaking year.

Hell, even if the game's great, I'm sure 2k will quickly realise they've got an audience who will buy this shit year in, year out regardless.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why the fuck is 2k only doing motion capture for WWE2k15 four months out from release?

The technology they use allows for quicker conversion, they have promised the game will be much more up to date, only a few months behind. Cesaro has a new entrance and manner since joining Heyman, so I will assume he is recording a new entrance.

Bound for Glory is at Korakuen Hall, apparently - that's about 1,800 ~ 2,200 seats, depending on the set-up they use. Shouldn't be too hard to sell out, especially if you can get Mutoh to wrestle.

Well he is wrestling at the NYC tapings, so I'd guess he would wrestle there too.

Maybe Mutoh will announce that he has bought TNA as the PPV goes off the air, but do it in Japanese so that American viewers won't know what is going on till someone bothers to translate it the next morning.

Not unless they keep Dixie as an on air character. Bob Carter wouldn't let Jarrett buy the company without keeping her.

UberTag

Not unless they keep Dixie as an on air character. Bob Carter wouldn't let Jarrett buy the company without keeping her.
In a perfect world, TNA will be reduced to an audience the size of a dive bar while all of TNA's talent deserts her except for the Hardys, the Nasty Boyz, Kurt Angle, Eric Young and Samoa Joe while Dixie is still front-and-center in all storylines while they run shows on community access television.

dream

And the great thing is Brock is so unselfish that he'll probably give Cesaro's a ton in their fight and even take the swing. Can you imagine the spectacle of that?

bjork

Brock is winning the title but there is no way he is holding onto the title for 8 months when he has supposedly only 23 dates left until WrestleMania. It will be interesting how they book this.

That's almost 3 per month, unless they saved some of them for WM build, which they should if they went this route. I would actually like to see them do this, because it reminds me of old Hogan/Savage days. They weren't on every show every week, unless it was a clip for something that happened earlier. Way rather have them milk a clip as a reminder, than have the match happen so many times that you don't care by the time the "real" one is a go.

Also bring back jobbers.

Bq_5Vt6CUAIZmGE.jpg

KissVibes

Banned
The technology they use allows for quicker conversion, they have promised the game will be much more up to date, only a few months behind. Cesaro has a new entrance and manner since joining Heyman, so I will assume he is recording a new entrance.

But the game still has to be finished, get submitted for certification, pass certification and then be pressed to disc and shipped, right? Seems to be cutting it close with four months to go and having show nothing publicly from the game.

In a perfect world, TNA will be reduced to an audience the size of a dive bar while all of TNA's talent deserts her except for the Hardys, the Nasty Boyz, Kurt Angle, Eric Young and Samoa Joe while Dixie is still front-and-center in all storylines while they run shows on community access television.

Kurt Angle is gone this summer. No way he re-signs with them. He can still go and have a great match at Mania vs pretty much anybody. They are already wrestling in front of dive bar sized crowds lol

UberTag

Kurt Angle is gone this summer. No way he re-signs with them. He can still go and have a great match at Mania vs pretty much anybody. They are already wrestling in front of dive bar sized crowds lol
Will Vince the Lunatic take him back while he's cutting dead weight like nobody's business?

jmdajr

I don't know if Kurt can pass the physical.

But it's not like Undertaker legitimately passed his. Maybe I'm being unfair and he really was knocked silly.

UberTag

Sure, he draws money. Vince doesn't turn down money. A Brock vs Angle rematch, Cena vs Angle, or Daniel Bryan vs Angle are money matches.
Dude's 45. Wish I could believe that.

But it's not like Undertaker legitimately passed his. Maybe I'm being unfair and he really was knocked silly.
Of course you're being unfair. Nash and Big Dave passed their physicals too. <cough>

I do not envy whoever has to follow Brock as champ
Why don't you envy Roman Reigns? Shouldn't we all envy Roman Reigns?

If you aren't a full time contracted performer you don't have to pass a physical or get drug tested. That's why Rock and Undertaker can wrestle. Kurt can pass a physical no doubt though. He passed a physical a couple of years ago to get into the Olympics and got off the HGH. That's why he got so skinny for a little bit.

Aiii

So not worth it
But the game still has to be finished, get submitted for certification, pass certification and then be pressed to disc and shipped, right? Seems to be cutting it close with four months to go and having show nothing publicly from the game.

They've been doing this kind of stuff for all their games, like NBA 2K and stuff, I am sure they know what they're doing.

Not worried at all about the graphical and motion capturing part. It is the Yuke's part of the game that's scary. Still, from the reports I read from the E3 presentation, things are looking better than they have in years, so we will see I suppose.

2K didn't show a single screenshot of NBA 2K14 for next-gen last year until like a month before the game came out. 2K just isn't a company that reveals info all that much.

Kaladin

They're going to have to give Abeyance another reign with the belt after Brock is done. I find it hard to believe that anyone could believably beat him clean after he beat Undertaker clean at Wrestlemania.

kirblar

Is there another diva you'd like to see the game build its divas division around? Because it's either AJ or the Bella Twins.

That's a sweet letter from Vickie. I wish her nothing but the best.
Her eventual HoF induction is going to be full of tears from everyone.

If you think all atheists are jerks, part of that is probably your nice atheist friends not telling you because you go around saying that all atheists are jerks.

Shame that the one thing they should have revealed about NBA 2K14 was the abusive microtransactions. Even the reviewers missed those.

I've played that game for months and haven't ever felt the need to use the microtransactions. So I get why they bother others, but I don't have that issue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
WTF happened to Edge o_O

Bq_sztsCQAApUvD.jpg

doesnt even look like him, and its not just the hair

Aiii

So not worth it
So they suddenly released Josh Matthews today, according to pwinsider.com

He was doing all the pre-shows, must have pissed off Booker or something.

So they suddenly released Josh Matthews today, according to pwinsider.com

He was doing all the pre-shows, must have pissed off Booker or something.

More likely just realized they don't need him. Renee will take his spot, and is arguably better at it, and Saxton and Tom Phillips will do more of the interviews.

UberTag

After Reigns beats CM Punk's 434-day title reign following two consecutive WrestleMania singles victories, I wonder if there's a possibility D.Brine wins the title again. I suppose it's likely. He is still young. I wonder who takes the belt away from Reigns post-WrestleMania 32.

Aiii

So not worth it
More likely just realized they don't need him. Renee will take his spot, and is arguably better at it, and Saxton and Tom Phillips will do more of the interviews.

12 years in the company though, that is a long ass time to just cut someone outta nowhere.

Top Bottom