• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

main_001_002.jpg~320x480

Mengetsu

Sting will be on JR's Podcast Soon.

"I'm interviewing Sting Thursday night for a future Ross Report Podcast."

I hope he announces his retirement from wrestling completely and taking a long sabbatical.

Cagey

Banned
Roman Reigns sodium levels on this thread are dangerously high, and homeboy hasn't even had a title match since the tag belt days.

After Reigns beats CM Punk's 434-day title reign following two consecutive WrestleMania singles victories, I wonder if there's a possibility D.Brine wins the title again. I suppose it's likely. He is still young. I wonder who takes the belt away from Reigns post-WrestleMania 32.

Cena+stupid+smile+4.gif

UberTag

That will be title reign number 16 for big John. Only one away from breaking Flair's record.
Can't wait to see that Cena vs. Orton rivalry get played up again huge in 2016.
I also hope we get to see an Ambulance/Stretcher/Burial Beneath a Stack of Chairs match between Cena vs. Kane (although if Glenn has any sense he'll have retired so he can get inducted to the HOF alongside Taker).

Hernandez interview

Hernandez said:
On why he is no longer with TNA Wrestling with his contract expiring in May:

Maybe you can tell me. I'll be very honest with you. The last time I was on TNA was November when I had that Feast or Fired match and believe it or not, that is the last time I've spoken to anyone in the office. And I'm not even joking. I would send those 365 videos to (Jeremy) Borash every now and then I would get Bob Ryder approval for my indy dates and that's it. I did not hear anything from anybody since I saw them in Orlando in November.

On how strange that was:

To be honest, I knew I was still a part of the roster and my check came every month. Periodically I would check the Impact website to see if I was still on there. (laughs) It was definitely a head scratcher right there. Not an email. text, phone call … nothing. In fact, my contract was up May 12th but I thought it was up May 14th. So I woke up May 12th and my timeline was flooded on Twitter that my contract had expired. I looked at my contract and I looked on the (TNA) website and they pulled me off the website, they already unfollowed me on Twitter. (laughs) It was like bizarro world brother.

On how difficult it was for him after returning to TNA Wrestling after working in Mexico for nine months and being promised a singles push but instead being paired with Anarquia in Mexican America:

It was very difficult for me because you were blatantly lied to. This wasn't no miscommunication. I don't go down to Mexico for nine months of my life and it's a miscommunication that I'm coming back to a tag deal. When I left, I was a tag champion with Matt Morgan. So, there's no miscommunication there at all about 'oh, you're going to do down there and come back as a tag'. There was no miscommunication, at least on my part. So, of course, there was a lot of animosity on what was going down.

Jamie OD

The TNA in Japan announcement is so weird. I have no idea if it will work or not. Korakuen is the right sized venue for them and I guess the novelty might be worth it but even then what kind of show will take place there? Will it be their usual PPV shenanigans or will they adapt to the audience? Doesn't help that they are working with Wrestle-1 who have had horrible attendance at their last few Korakuen shows.

The TNA in Japan announcement is so weird. I have no idea if it will work or not. Korakuen is the right sized venue for them and I guess the novelty might be worth it but even then what kind of show will take place there? Will it be their usual PPV shenanigans or will they adapt to the audience? Doesn't help that they are working with Wrestle-1 who have had horrible attendance at their last few Korakuen shows.

TNA main event is no different than a bullet club match . They're o used to it

GFW doesn't even exist yet and they got the better Japan deal with New Japan. I'm ready for this promotion to debut.

Aiii

So not worth it
Does TNA air on TV in Japan or one of their neighbouring countries?

It is obvious from the non-reaction AJ Styles got that most Japanese didn't have a clue who he was, so I wouldn't expect so.

somedevil

They will also put Wrestle-1 talent into the pay per view as well. I don't think people will pay just to watch a show with only TNA talent in japan.

strobogo

Banned
Guys on the WWE roster I for realisies don't give a shit about:

Dolph Ziggler
Kane
Rusev
Big Show
Los Matadores
Khali
Jack Swagger (I used to be a fan, too)
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Usos
Jarn Sina
Miz
Truth
RVD
Xavier Woods
Tyson Kidd
Santino

Wait, why the fuck am I watching WWE?

Guys I give a shit about:

Daniel Bryan
The Wyatt Family
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Damian Sandow
BNB
Sheamus
Cesaro
Bork
Rybaxel

Anyone not mentioned I forgot about, which says enough about them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roman Reigns is a fun dude to watch and while I may not have much faith in his singles work he can still be a lot of fun. No salt here.

jmdajr

Roman Reigns is a fun dude to watch and while I may not have much faith in his singles work he can still be a lot of fun. No salt here.

He's solid enough. I think he can be better than Batista in the ring. Some might say he's better now, even when Batista was at his best.

strobogo

Banned
Wrestling would suck if everyone looked like they wrestled for IWA DS. Part of the allure is these big jacked up dudes throwing each other around like comic book characters.

Yeah, they even had Tanahashi vs AJ Styles:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vjaw_aj-styles-vs-hiroshi-tanahashi_sport

Then Vince Russo showed up and the booking of Okada there basically killed that relationship and made Vince Russo hated in Japan. Laughed when Wrestle-1 wouldn't do a deal unless TNA proved Russo was no longer writing the show.

This is why I used to love TNA. Crowds used to be hot too and they showed a bigger respect for the sport of wrestling. Don't West used to be great at getting you hyped. Now Taz is out there telling stupid jokes and not giving a shit and he is dragging Tenay down too and the matches are shit, because they don't have good agents to layout the matches.

jmdajr

Wrestling would suck if everyone looked like they wrestled for IWA DS. Part of the allure is these big jacked up dudes throwing each other around like comic book characters.

Absolutely without a doubt. Vince ain't no dummy. That shit was never going to get over with a bunch of pale beer belly rednecks just doing punches and head locks for an hour.

Even those boring ass MMA dudes have a look. It matters.

Guys/Girls on the WWE roster I for realisies don't give a shit about:

Kane
Rusev
Big Show
Khali
John Cehna
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Miz
R-Truth
RVD
Tyson Kidd
Erick Rowan
Alex Riley
Michael Cole
Jerry Lawler

Cameron
Eva Marie
Rosa Mendes

Guys/girls I give a shit about:

The rest

strobogo

Banned
In general, I think wrestlers should be pretty muscled up and in shape, enough that they look like they could fuck you up and go to a triathalon after. That's the general look. But because that is the general look, it makes guys who look like Dick Murdoch, or smaller guys like Bryan stick out and be more unique. I don't want a whole promotion with guys that are all the same size as Daniel Bryan. I don't want a whole promotion with guys that look like Dick Murdoch. You need that blend of looks, which was something WWE had in the Golden and Attitude Eras, but were sorely missing for most of the last 10 years until pretty recently.

Hmmmmmmmm

**The next edition of WrestleMania Rewind on the WWE Network will be a one-hour look at CM Punk winning the Money in the Bank match back to back years in 2008 and 2009.

jmdajr

In general, I think wrestlers should be pretty muscled up and in shape, enough that they look like they could fuck you up and go to a triathalon after. That's the general look. But because that is the general look, it makes guys who look like Dick Murdoch, or smaller guys like Bryan stick out and be more unique. I don't want a whole promotion with guys that are all the same size as Daniel Bryan. I don't want a whole promotion with guys that look like Dick Murdoch. You need that blend of looks, which was something WWE had in the Golden and Attitude Eras, but were sorely missing for most of the last 10 years until pretty recently.

That's why CM Punk got a ton of flack. Not a swole up dude, athletic looking dude, or scary giant fat guy.

But props for him for being a Skinny fat Ass and making it work.

Damn, you posted way too much,friends. Took me a while to catch up.

Random thoughts:

- Sucks that Josh Matthews was cut. I've liked him since the Velocity days. Can't believe he's out while shitheads like Saxton and Phillips are still employed. Hopefully he gets a job at ESPN or something. Just don't go to fucking TNA.

- The Summerslam spoiler poster has me very excited, friends. The prospect of a 2 - 0 for mah boy is quite exciting.

- CM Punk is still a toolbox I see.

Cagey

Banned
Reigns is Ryu. Fireball , dragon punch , hurricane kick

Which is awesome and highly entertaining. Some posters here enjoyed it, too, until they saw him as a threat to their other favorites towards the end of the Shield run.

That's why CM Punk got a ton of flack. Not a swole up dude, athletic looking dude, or scary giant fat guy.

But props for him for being a Skinny fat Ass and making it work.

Punk had a unique look with the tattoos and slicked back hair, so he was able to skirt by looking like ass and no one mirin' hsi aesthetics.

Top Bottom