• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Nobody has mastered the face popularity leech effect quite like Cena.

He'd pal around with Sami Zayn, they'd tag in a match together, stereo five knuckle shuffles, Cena would lead an Olé chant, he'd even let Sami get the pin.

Well, if Sami Zayn was a true wrestler, he'd refuse to tag with Cena and shoot on him in the middle of the ring, and then go back to Ring of Honor and make $300 bucks a night to destroy his neck on a weekly basis.

RP912

Banned
He'll have to update his material now that Daniel Bryan's stock has fallen.

"I know I may not be as good looking as Roman Reigns..."

I see this is the place where WRESTLERS LIKE ROMAN REIGNS....*cheers*...DEAN AMBROSE *cheers*...and SETH ROLLINS *boos* were SUCCESSFUL.

Nobody has mastered the face popularity leech effect quite like Cena.

He'd pal around with Sami Zayn, they'd tag in a match together, stereo five knuckle shuffles, Cena would lead an Olé chant, he'd even let Sami get the pin.

Sounds like the night after wm match where he let big e get the lost. Such a winner this siner guy.

I think the Dominion sell-out is more of a credit to how much of a draw Nakamura is. They could put him in there with almost anyone and draw.

Yeah, I think it's a combination of Nakamura's overness and Osaka being a very hot crowd for New Japan at the moment - however, the Nakamura effect didn't help the Yokohama Arena show any. So, at the least, we can probably say Bad Luck Fale's more of a draw than some shit Gracie.

Yeah, I think it's a combination of Nakamura's overness and Osaka being a very hot crowd for New Japan at the moment - however, the Nakamura effect didn't help the Yokohama Arena show any. So, at the least, we can probably say Bad Luck Fale's more of a draw than some shit Gracie.

I think a literal stick would be more of a draw than shit-tier Gracies.

strobogo

Banned
His promo at the end seemed like he and everybody felt he was hurt and needed time off, but then they checked up with a doctor, it wasn't that bad, and jokes 21 hours later because why not

I find it so hard to believe that no one stepped up to say it was a stupid idea. Not Cena, not Brock, not HHH, none of the agents, not Stephanie. Clearly the money is in have Bork beat the shit out of Cena, have Cena make a valiant come back, only to get crushed back down to reality. Then you have Brock be the ultimate monster and it is a huge deal when someone beats him.

The idea is to book Brock like a modern day Andre. Well when Andre was bouncing around from territory to territory, he didn't immediately lose to the top star and bolt for another 4 months.

It feels good knowing that Sami Zayn will probably get a huge push when he gets to the main roster due to the fact that Triple H loves him so much.

I find it so hard to believe that no one stepped up to say it was a stupid idea. Not Cena, not Brock, not HHH, none of the agents, not Stephanie. Clearly the money is in have Bork beat the shit out of Cena, have Cena make a valiant come back, only to get crushed back down to reality. Then you have Brock be the ultimate monster and it is a huge deal when someone beats him.

The idea is to book Brock like a modern day Andre. Well when Andre was bouncing around from territory to territory, he didn't immediately lose to the top star and bolt for another 4 months.

Edge said it best on Jericho. The streak ending would have meant so much more if he just steamrolled through those guys, but instead it was used to rehab his image.

Edge said it best on Jericho. The streak ending would have meant so much more if he just steamrolled through those guys, but instead it was used to rehab his image.

It was worth millions of dollars in lost revenue for them to get revenge on Brock for leaving the company. It's their company. I wouldn't have booked it that way, but it only cost them money.

I wonder how much Vince listens to HHH.

It's been known that Triple H picks his spots and knows how to fight for guys or angles that he really feels are worth fighting for. One example is the Bryan/Wyatt situation when Hunter got Vince to scrap that angle. I think Triple H would have no problem in getting spots for guys he really believes in, and every indication is that he feels that way about Zayn.

Cagey

Banned
It was worth millions of dollars in lost revenue for them to get revenge on Brock for leaving the company. It's their company. I wouldn't have booked it that way, but it only cost them money.
Revenge? Loooool.

Brock got paid millions, as if he gave a fuck about revenge taken on him.

cody-rhodes.gif

Revenge? Loooool.

Brock got paid millions, as if he gave a fuck about revenge taken on him.

You say that as if Vince McMahon isn't one of the pettiest people on the planet. He doesn't give two shits if Brock cares. He does it to make himself feel better. "I showed him!", etc.

UberTag

You say that as if Vince McMahon isn't one of the pettiest people on the planet. He doesn't give two shits if Brock cares. He does it to make himself feel better. "I showed him!", etc.
Placating Vince's ego is more important than the success of the WWE Network, PPV buyrates, TV ratings, gate receipts, merchandise numbers, putting out a good product, the stock price and making money.

It is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Second most important thing is making Vince laugh.
#3 is merch sales (aka Cena).
Everything else comes after that.

He's nowhere near attractive. Only attractive people in that poll are Reigns, Mad Ox, Fandango, Rhodes, and Ambrose (who the fuck voted for Rollins?)
Ambrose has to be one of the ugliest people on the roster. Dude has a fat face and receding Hairline. Love the dude but in no universe is that man considered attractive.

Laserfrog

I read on the wikipedias that Josh Mathews will be doing commentary for Booker T's promotion that I just heard of Reality of Wrestling at their first iPPV. Alex Riley will be wrestling there too so I just can't wait.

Top Bottom