• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Happy birthday Layla
3AHM1.gif

goddess

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Villano III vs Atlantis from... 96? Mask vs Mask. Its fucking incredible, on mobile or I'd share a link. It's pretty incredible.

Hey guys, I changed my DNS to get American Netflix. If I get WWE Network, can I watch it via my PS3/4 the same way? I'd use an American PSN account, American DNS, sooo...

Im in Canada by the way

Remember when The Demon Kane was set aflame and then kneed by Bryan only to get up and state him down. Now he's getting speared and can't win a stretcher match when 2 guys help him.

Son Of D

Hey guys, I changed my DNS to get American Netflix. If I get WWE Network, can I watch it via my PS3/4 the same way? I'd use an American PSN account, American DNS, sooo...

Im in Canada by the way

You just need to use the American PSN to download the WWE Network app and then you can still use your Canadian account to watch content as long as you have the American DNS. It's what I did and I'm in the UK. Works perfectly on PS3 (no idea about PS4, I don't have one).

Sblargh

Banned
Remember when The Demon Kane was set aflame and then kneed by Bryan only to get up and state him down. Now he's getting speared and can't win a stretcher match when 2 guys help him.

Bryan hit him so hard with his knee he still haven't recovered. He softed the demon up for everyone else.

He used up all his demonic power in the Extreme Rules match and recovering from that finish, he needs to spill the blood of jobbers to regain his demon status.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's why fans don't invest in talent anymore. Guy is all powerful one week, and nothing the next. The WWE has ADD when it comes to its talent, unless it's Cena.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hate kickstartering anything but I must admit I'm slightly jealous for this specific title. In the end though I'm tired and would only be able to play it for a few minutes tonight.

somedevil

Some funny stuff from the NY tna tapings:

* Brittany vs. Madison Rayne is next. Fans chanted "this match sucks" before it even began.

lol

Dreamer said this isn't a PG show and he wants to see less talking and more action

Guess he hasn't been watching TNA when it comes to action.

Kaladin

LOL....so apparently July 17th, the first Impact in NYC is a reboot?

Or is that just Kurt Angle promo bullshit and everything will be the same as it was before?

somedevil

LOL....so apparently July 17th, the first Impact in NYC is a reboot?

Or is that just Kurt Angle promo bullshit and everything will be the same as it was before?

Maybe they realized all the stuff before was crap and decided to a Vince Russo style reboot.

Also, Jeff Hardy tried to kill himself by doing this:

Wow Hardy did a Swanton Bomb from Top Rope to Steel Steps Outside.

Why?????

7/17 taping Spoilers:

Tommy Dreamer and Bully Ray came out. Bully put over NYC and said he made a guarantee that Dixie Carter was going through a table. Dreamer cut a promo saying this was the new Madhouse of Extreme and that the fans were the biggest part of the changes. EC3 and a Rhino came out. Carter said they weren't going to put Dixie through anything. Dreamer said this isn't a PG show and he wants to see less talking and more action. They started brawling. They ring the bell. They had a good match. Carter got the pin on Dreamer while hooking the tights.

X-Division championship Gauntlet: Champion Austin Aries vs. Eddie Edwards. The crowd chanted ROH at the bell. Manik was third in. Next out was Davey Richards. Sixth was DJ Zema Ion. Ion and Manik went over the ropes during a leaping Rama and we're eliminated. Next out was Tigre Uno. Crazzy Steve was next. Sanada was next. It came down to Senada vs. Aries at the end. Aries gt the pin with a brain buster in a really good match. Final minutes were excellent.

* MVP and Kenny King come out and cut a promo before facing Eric Young and Bobby Roode. MVP was on crutches but in his wrestling gear and didn't really wrestle, just hobbled around the ring. Roode and Young win by DQ when MVP uses one of his crutches.

* Brittany vs. Madison Rayne is next. Fans chanted "this match sucks" before it even began. Madison got the win.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Lashley for the World Heavyweight Title is next. At one point, Hardy did a swanton onto the steel steps outside of the ring. The match barely went 10 minutes and Lashley retained. The fans were very upset at Lashley winning and gave him a lot of heat.

I love how this first taping stayed away from the less over tna talents.

Kaladin

Taz cut a great promo about how important wrestling is and said he was part of the most important revolution in wrestling history. He said the locker room tonight has the same look as ECW did back in the day. He promised we were gonna see some different stuff tonight. He then did his old catchphrases

Taz gonna Taz

Kurt Angle cut a promo saying TNA has brought back the Six Sided ring to come back to their roots. He said It made them different as did talents like AJ Stkes, The Motor City Machineguns and Jerry Lynn. He said along the way they made mistakes and tonight they are here in NYC to reboot TNA. He said it all begins tonight.

Angle introduced Taz who got a huge pop and an ECW chant. Taz cut a great promo about how important wrestling is and said he was part of the most important revolution in wrestling history. He said the locker room tonight has the same look as ECW did back in the day. He promised we were gonna see some different stuff tonight. He then did his old catchphrases.

Tommy Dreamer and Bully Ray came out. Bully put over NYC and said he made a guarantee that Dixie Carter was going through a table. Dreamer cut a promo saying this was the new Madhouse of Extreme and that the fans were the biggest part of the changes. EC3 and a Rhino came out. Carter said they weren't going to put Dixie through anything. Dreamer said this isn't a PG show and he wants to see less talking and more action.

How many times has TNA done this exact same angle and said the exact same things? Also TNA has now been in business almost twice as long as ECW, so hilarious stuff about the locker room.

Kaladin

How many times has TNA done this exact same angle and said the exact same things? Also TNA has now been in business almost twice as long as ECW, so hilarious stuff about the locker room.

Any time a promotion brings old school ECW guys in like Dreamer they always say that it's like the old ECW locker room.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all charge promotions that book them extra for that promo.

--With the announcement of Bound for Glory on 10/12 at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, it should be noted that New Japan has an iPPV scheduled for the same date in the same building. most likely the Wrestle-1/TNA show will be in the afternoon and the New Japan show will be at night.

Great idea TNA. Perfect choice of date. Now you are sure to sell-out....

Kaladin

Great idea TNA. Perfect choice of date. Now you are sure to sell-out....

While I'm sure some fans will be up for a double header, I really doubt they will sell the show out as most fans will opt for just the New Japan show later in the day.

Also, I'd wager that was Mutoh's doing rather than TNA's.

While I'm sure some fans will be up for a double header, I really doubt they will sell the show out as most fans will opt for just the New Japan show later in the day.

Also, I'd wager that was Mutoh's doing rather than TNA's.

I know they won't sell out. That's my point. They were going to have trouble regardless, but having a show on the same day as NJPW in the same building is a death sentence.

somedevil

* The Great Muta came out to barely a reaction which was odd. Muta quickly squashed Robbie E. James Storm came out to have words with Muta, leading to Sanada coming out and turning on Muta.

They do a reboot but TNA just can't help themselves sometimes. How is he going to explain this?

strobogo

Banned
I'm definitely too old to see How To Train Your Dragon 2. I thought it was terrible, but it wasn't made for me. There was ONE black guy in the whole movie and he was the villain. Fex would love it.

Must be a shitpile of drug use in that TNA locker room if Taz says it's like ECW.

Which let's be honest you'd have to be on a load of drugs to even want to be in TNA. But how the hell do you afford drugs on minimum wage?

It's kind of mind blowing Angle was as good as he was, not as a wrestler, but as a character. A complete goof who you never doubted in the ring.

Turn makes no sense, and they've been trying to book him as a hard face. Just...whatev. NYC stuff sounds pretty fun overall, but I wonder how long it'll be before TNA just does what they usually do...fuck things up.

Oh it doesn't at all make sense. I'm just saying that's what they are probably going for.

Top Bottom