• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Alucard

Banned
Oh it doesn't at all make sense. I'm just saying that's what they are probably going for.

Yeah, I get the BFG match build. Still not overly psyched.

I mean, it's good to see that TNA realizes their public image is in the shitter and that they're calling emergency meetings to steer things in a different direction, but I wonder if they actually know what the right direction is.

tumblr_n7r7ttxzvo1ruwc07o1_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVEYI2DxUU8

Alucard

Banned
Also, can we stop pretending that people actually care if anything TNA-related is spoiled? I say we just talk openly about anything TNA unless someone says "Please spoiler tag stuff."

What say you, GAF? Does anyone actually want spoiler tags on TNA stuff?

Vylash

Aries gives up the x title for a shot at the world title. What a horrible stip. It devalues the X title.

lol they're having Aries get a world title shot that way AGAIN? after he was the first guy to do it and only held on to the title for a month? hell nobody that's traded in the title for a title shot has had the title for more than a month.

Sblargh

Banned
It would be fun to see a wrestling show do a reboot.
"hey guys, all new; new gimmicks, new names (same people tho), new titles, nobody know each other, everyone is stepping in here for the first time!"

somedevil

Was this the even that they said was sold out?

Friday is the supposed sold out taping. Also man this 2nd taping sounds bad with 4 talking segments in a row with King Mo doing a promo.

Also, no Anderson, Sam Shaw, Gunner, Menagerie, Magnus or Bram. Is TNA afraid these guys would be crapped on?

Also, can we stop pretending that people actually care if anything TNA-related is spoiled? I say we just talk openly about anything TNA unless someone says "Please spoiler tag stuff."

GODDAMN Alucard, you've turned hard on TNA these last few months

somedevil

* The main event is a Street Fight and it's Devon, Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer vs. Rhino, Ethan Carter III and Rockstar Spud. Ezekiel Jackson and Snitsky run in wearing black hoodies and help Team Dixie get the win. Impact ends with Dixie, King Mo, Snitsky, Ezekiel, Rhino, EC3 and Spud posing together.

lol, why these two?

As seen on this week's WWE Main Event, Roman Reigns was being interviewed in the ring by Renee Young when Reigns suggested that she take off her high heels because if someone came out to attack him, she would need to run away in a hurry. This was done as another rib to Renee. It's known within WWE that Renee often doesn't wear shoes when she's working backstage. Renee was previously ribbed for this by Triple H last month on a post-show.

HILARIOUS

My brother sometimes likes to read this thread and he watches TNA, so for his sake I'd prefer we keep them spoiler'd.

For myself it doesn't matter.

somedevil

TNA 7/24

* Dixie Carter kicks off the show and comes out to huge heel heat with Rockstar Spud, Rhino and Ethan Carter III. Bully Ray ends up interrupting for a fight. Devon makes a surprise return to a big pop and Team 3D reunites in NYC. They clean house and Ray holds EC3 while Devon hits the diving headbutt. They then put Ethan through a table and teased putting Dixie through one.

* Velvet Sky defeated Gail Kim in an Xplosion match.

* Robbie E returns as BroMans come out. Low Ki vs. DJ Zema Ion is next. Low Ki gets the easy win and a big pop.

* The Great Muta came out to barely a reaction which was odd. Muta quickly squashed Robbie E. James Storm came out to have words with Muta. Storm attacked Muta and Sanada ran out. Storm left the ring and Sanada attacked Muta with a steel chair and hit a moonsault.

* Jeff Hardy comes out limping and said we haven't seen the last of Willow. He brings out Matt Hardy to a pop. Matt cuts a promo about turning his life around and said it's time to become the TNA Tag Team Champions. The Wolves come out with their titles to respond. A tag team title match is announced for the Destination X tapings.

* In-ring segment with Kurt Angle and Austin Aries. Aries is asked to give up the X Division Title to face Bobby Lashley for the World Heavyweight Title at Destination X. MVP and Lashley were also in the ring. Aries agrees to give up the title and will face Lashley at Destination X.

* King Mo comes out and cuts a promo with Dixie Carter.

* The main event is a Street Fight and it's Devon, Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer vs. Rhino, Ethan Carter III and Rockstar Spud. Ezekiel Jackson and Snitsky run in wearing black hoodies and help Team Dixie get the win. Impact ends with Dixie, King Mo, Snitsky, Ezekiel, Rhino, EC3 and Spud posing together.

Hope you like talking segments

I feel like TNA is hotshotting to hell just to avoid getting embarrassed in New York. I feel like after they are done there they'll be in a position where they've burned through a lot of good matchups over the course of three days.

TNA says its about about the wrestling and its a reboot at the tapings. Later at said tapings they bring out Snitzky and Zeke. This company.

Alucard

Banned
Listened to part 1 of the Russo interview on Austin's podcast. He's a bit annoying but he's certainly passionate and it sounds like he did play a role in starting up the Attitude Era.

Vylash

We now live in a world where Ezekiel Jackson, Snitsky, and Mike Knox are all employed by the same company at the same time, dear god

Top Bottom