• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Sblargh

Banned
Can't wait for Naomi to escape the PTO and counter it into the rear view before hitting a grounded rear view to win the title

Hopefully Naomi winning the title will make someone somewhere realize they gave her moveset to Mojo Rawley.

Edit: worst case scenario. Paige finally has a match where she can show her offense and viciousness. It steals the show, makes everyone go "oh, that's why she is a champion!". Then Naomi hit one move and wins.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't understand.

Sheamus is Irish so he's a tough guy that LOVES TO FOIGHT, FELLA!

And Becky Lynch is Irish so she's the girl that does silly Irish dancing?

Sexism WWE, so much sexism.

ghostmind

06271205_53acdf71dd05c.jpg

Friend dream, I wish that were the case - I've purchased every New Japan iPPV since King of Pro-Wrestling in October 2012...I don't even want to think how much that has cost me at $15-$25 a pop.

Ditto, but only since Destruction last year. I'm going to be dropping $150 on the G1 package deal in about a month.

I don't understand.

Sheamus is Irish so he's a tough guy that LOVES TO FOIGHT, FELLA!

And Becky Lynch is Irish so she's the girl that does silly Irish dancing?

Sexism WWE, so much sexism.

She was super impressive in her match so there's that. I'm hoping the irish dancer gimmick won't carry over to the main show, but..

At least she's really good. Maybe they'll realize she'll never get over with that and have her just straight beat people up until she's really hot and then turn her heel and pair her up with Paul Heyman.

"The Last Real Man" Bull Dempsey just seems really average with an even worse look. can talk ok i guess
Yep. Other than that I am really impressed how NXT has restocked their talent. Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Veronica, Vaudevillains, Kalisto, Tyson Kidd. Still missing Corey Graves though. El Local will never wrestle for The E again after his takeover performance.....

Aiii

So not worth it
She was super impressive in her match so there's that. I'm hoping the irish dancer gimmick won't carry over to the main show, but..

At least she's really good. Maybe they'll realize she'll never get over with that and have her just straight beat people up until she's really hot and then turn her heel and pair her up with Paul Heyman.

Yeah, well, I'll say this for NXT, they are very in tune with the audience and are often willing to adapt when something is not working, so hopefully they'll notice the backlash on this and adjust accordingly.

Still, why did anyone think this was a good idea?

holy shit, Becky Lynch is even more sterotypically Irish than Sheamus. However, while it'll be tough, i think Creative can top it with Devitt

holy shit, Becky Lynch is even more sterotypically Irish than Sheamus. However, while it'll be tough, i think Creative can top it with Devitt

Family Died in the Potato Famine
Owns a stable of thoroughbred horses
Wins money all the time
Can drink you under the table
Fights
Has a Leprechaun
Sings
Dances
Will be called Paddy Gambler
Has a hot sister that's totally into you

Can't wait for Naomi to escape the PTO and counter it into the rear view before hitting a grounded rear view to win the title

Nah. Naomi hasn't used the rear view as a finisher in a long while. She's used the split-legged moonsault and the Scorpion Death Drop lately. And it's not even that I don't want Naomi with the belt. If anyone in the main roster will take it from Paige, I'd want it to be her because I think she has a chance to be really good with more experience. I just don't think Paige needs to lose the belt anytime soon. Longer one person holds it, the bigger a deal it, or the person holding it, would become. Especially if it is consistently defended as it has been, with even some sort of attention paid to it, which again it has been.

One of my niche turn ons is a perky, red headed Irish girl who holds your hand through the entire day of bar hopping when studying abroad and continue to think about her years later as the one that got away....

Bionic, where's that avi?

So this Becky Lynch lady looks exactly like that. I should probably watch NXT then...

I'm not sure, it sounds different and nothing like the Limp Bizkit theme (even a badly edited) or even WCW/TNA Knockoff version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eORNTgiQW0Q&feature=youtu.be

WWE already blocked your video, I assume it was this one?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn4qUxFj-Y

I remember the first WWE DVD I bought was Backlash '02, they dubbed this over Taker's entrance, but they fucked it up and the rest of the DVD had the audio off by a second.

Browny

Banned
"The Last Real Man" Bull Dempsey just seems really average with an even worse look. can talk ok i guess

I thought Silas Young in ROH was doing "The Last Real Man" tag?

Family Died in the Potato Famine
Owns a stable of thoroughbred horses
Wins money all the time
Can drink you under the table
Fights
Has a Leprechaun
Sings
Dances
Will be called Paddy Gambler
Has a hot sister that's totally into you

Random Irish Name Generator, just to finish off the gimmick...

Finbar Malone...

He is, but Bull Dempsey looks to be the same kind of character. Hell, at one point he said "I am the Last of a Dying Breed" and halfway through that i thought he'd just take it wholesale

Silas Young has a better look though. Though i wish he'd bulk up more or something

I refuse to believe WWE signed Devitt just to slap him with some stereotypical Irish gimmick. At the worst I can see him being introduced by Sheamus as "me oirish cousin, Fergal!", but nothing nearly as heavy handed as Becky Lynch's gimmick.

Yep, and Eddie Kingston is 'The Last of a Dying Breed'. I'd rather Kingston or Silas in that spot - NXT definitely needs a real bruiser, but there's something off about Dempsey. He wasn't terrible in the ring or anything and his promo was OK, but something about his face doesn't fit the gimmick. Too young looking.

Aiii

So not worth it
I give so little shits about TNA that even Dixie getting Bubbabombed through a table does absolutely nothing for me.

#MaeYoungDidItBetter

Browny

Banned
They need to keep the story moving to sell them tickets though... Flights to Tokyo don't pay for themselves.

Can we open a genuine book on how long they'll last? We know Spike will renew, but it's how long the Carters will keep pissing money away...

22nd March 2016.

Kenta Kobashi vs Jun Akiyama - (NOAH 2000/12/23)

Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata - (NOAH 2002/02/17)

Kenta Kobashi & Kotaro Suzuki vs Masao Inoue & Yoshinobu Kanemaru - (NOAH 2002/07/05)

These three matches mark one of the lowest points of Kobashi's career. After years of performing at the top level, his body was an absolute wreck, but pride and a burning desire to leave the fledgeling NOAH promotion in good stead meant he carried on, in spite of the debilitating pain he felt in his knees. The match with Jun Akiyama was billed as 'The Last Great Battle of the 20th Century' and, while it certainly lived up to the promise, it came at a cost and not long after Kobashi went on hiatus to rehabilitate his knees. Thirteen months later he returned to the ring, tagging with old rival & partner Misawa against Akiyama and New Japan's Yuji Nagata. The crowd were hot as hell for this match, but in the midst of it Kobashi collapses and realises that he returned too soon to the top level of competition. Another five months in rehab until, on the 5th of July 2002, Kenta Kobashi returns once more to the ring. This time he wrestles in the opening match on the card with little fanfare for his return. This time his knees hold and, slowly, steadily, he builds himself back up in the ring. Another six months pass without incident and this difficult portion of Kobashi's career is finally over, as he prepares himself to enter a new chapter, do battle with his greatest rival one last time and begin one of wrestling's legendary title reigns.

So WrestleGAF: what is your favorite signature/finishing maneuver, and which wrestler (alive or dead) performed it the best in your eyes? The reason I'm asking this now is because I just thought of it, and ForeignGAF is up and wide awake to be able to give answers immediately for once. :p

I'll post my own when I wake up in the morning.

So WrestleGAF: what is your favorite signature/finishing maneuver, and which wrestler (alive or dead) performed it the best in your eyes? The reason I'm asking this now is because I just thought of it, and ForeignGAF is up and wide awake to be able to give answers immediately for once. :p

For me it's got to be 'The Western Lariat', by Stan Hansen;

imPmlgIzt7JlW.gif

iOcSBMwMQmeve.gif

Simple, effective and it looks like it hits like a ton of bricks.

Aiii

So not worth it

Spear + Jackhammer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bullshit.

So I post new videos of promos or matches I like every day. I post 'fave five looks,' and get no sold. I post some underrated promos that I enjoy and get no sold. I try to talk about wrestlers who don't get discussed much on here, and I get no sold. The only time I don't get no sold is when I post a strong opinion. I let people post what they want to post and don't shit in them for it as their opinion because it's their opinion and they're entitled to it. I may mock it, but I don't tell them they're 'bringing this community down' or some melodramatic bullshit like that.

How about YOU fuck off. How about you contribute something worthwhile to this thread instead of fucking generic praise that goes nowhere? How bout you learn to fucking start an engaging conversation? How bout you don't tell people what they can or can not fucking post and how about we stop prescribing to this idea that people are fucking 'gimmick posters' because they don't have a posting style that goes with the wrestling gaf agenda?

Would you like to fucking hand out flyers about what we can and can not post?

Holy shit fuck waking up to that. So disrespectful. I'll argue all day with Ithil, but at least he treats my opinion as something other than a 'gimmick.'

Aiii

So not worth it
So I post new videos of promos or matches I like every day. I post 'fave five looks,' and get no sold. I post some underrated promos that I enjoy and get no sold. I try to talk about wrestlers who don't get discussed much on here, and I get no sold. The only time I don't get no sold is when I post a strong opinion. I let people post what they want to post and don't shit in them for it as their opinion because it's their opinion and they're entitled to it. I may mock it, but I don't tell them they're 'bringing this community down' or some melodramatic bullshit like that.

How about YOU fuck off. How about you contribute something worthwhile to this thread instead of fucking generic praise that goes nowhere? How bout you learn to fucking start an engaging conversation? How bout you don't tell people what they can or can not fucking post and how about we stop prescribing to this idea that people are fucking 'gimmick posters' because they don't have a posting style that goes with the wrestling style agenda?

Would you like to fucking hand out flyers about what we can and can not post?

7rxbaybk32.gif

I appreciate the heck out of you Dragonzord.

Jamie OD

Yep, and Eddie Kingston is 'The Last of a Dying Breed'. I'd rather Kingston or Silas in that spot - NXT definitely needs a real bruiser, but there's something off about Dempsey. He wasn't terrible in the ring or anything and his promo was OK, but something about his face doesn't fit the gimmick. Too young looking.

I heard that Dempsey and Kingston are friends in real life and Kingston gave him permission to use the Last of a Dying Breed nickname.

Do you think... you're losing your touch? Guys, I think bean breath is losing his touch!

You're just gonna have to double down from here on out
I don't know, maybe Sblargh genuinely likes my posts.

Another thing I don't understand is if he's calling out posters who he feels are detrimental to the thread, how does he overlook a piece of scum like Strobogo?

Top Bottom