• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

BHZ Mayor

Oh, so it's a play on the "It's a 1000 year old demon/it's a 6 month old android!"

Good looking out Aiii. Perverts!

Well not really because the character is actually a fully grown human with cybernetic parts (i.e. just a bomb implanted that never gets used and eventually deactivated). The "android" part is just localization. The joke is just a play on the character's name.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can't just go and change your avatar like that Sunny. That shit ain't right.

You don't like it?

¡HarlequinPanic!;118486940 said:
Still listening to the podcast but Jericho is fine, he's usually pretty decent at staying out of the way of his guests but you do have to sit through his usual lengthy introduction full of singing and Egypt >[

Heyman's interview here is a lot meatier than his one on Stone Cold's. No hashtags to make fun of this time I guess :U

Hmm. #hustlebootyjerichotatts

Well not really because the character is actually a fully grown human with cybernetic parts (i.e. just a bomb implanted that never gets used and eventually deactivated). The "android" part is just localization. The joke is just a play on the character's name.

Fuck, I gave it too much credit. Fuck DBZ!

Ithil

She was super impressive in her match so there's that. I'm hoping the irish dancer gimmick won't carry over to the main show, but..

At least she's really good. Maybe they'll realize she'll never get over with that and have her just straight beat people up until she's really hot and then turn her heel and pair her up with Paul Heyman.

But she was immediately over. The crowd was chanting for her by the end of her entrance. I'm not seeing how it's a "botched debut" just because the gimmick is wacky.
I don't get that, as soon as it's a gimmick people don't like, it doesn't matter whether it's over or not.

It's silly, for sure, but I've come to expect it and I don't expect Devitt to get hit by it for various reasons. I don't think it'll last to that degree either, she'll morph into something else gimmick wise over time. The most important thing is she looked good as a performer.

Gonzalez

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;118488377 said:
Whooooaaaa holy smokes, yeah that editing.

Basically in the last leg of the interview Dave Meltzer's voice suddenly jumps into Paul Heyman's body.

See, and it came without warning. Unless there was one in the first 20 minutes of the podcast, but I wouldn't know because I usually skip to the interview all the time.

XenoRaven

But she was immediately over. The crowd was chanting for her by the end of her entrance. I'm not seeing how it's a "botched debut" just because the gimmick is wacky.
I don't get that, as soon as it's a gimmick people don't like, it doesn't matter whether it's over or not.

It's silly, for sure, but I've come to expect it and I don't expect Devitt to get hit by it for various reasons. I don't think it'll last to that degree either, she'll morph into something else gimmick wise over time. The most important thing is she looked good as a performer.
I assumed people knew her from her work on the indies and that's why they cheered.

Aiii

So not worth it

She was over because the smark crowd knew who Rebecca Knox is, not because of her gimmick, which has been universally slammed around the web.

Ithil

Bq6zCb9CUAAMpGA.jpg:large

wcwrun8bsl4.gif

She's also been working NXT house shows for months now, so I'd guess a fair bit of the crowd knew her from there - also, up until recently she was doing a gimmick where she had a book of limericks to make fun of opponents, rather than the Irish jig thing.

TNA/W1 news

~ A special announcement was made that stated that Seiya Sanada vs. Great Muta on 7/6 at Ryogoku will be for the TNA X-Division belt.

-Mutoh then announced that TAJIRI and his protege Yusuke Kodama will be competing at the Ryogoku show on July 6th as they take on TNA’s Ethan Carter III & Rockstar Spud.

Ithil

I assumed people knew her from her work on the indies and that's why they cheered.

A few would, sure. But she hasn't wrestled on the indies in 8 years, I doubt all the people in there knew who she was.
I'm just saying, in the arena there was no negative reaction to the gimmick, silly or not.

I strongly doubt it will be kept up to that same degree over time anyway. Nothing to worry about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She's also been working NXT house shows for months now, so I'd guess a fair bit of the crowd knew her from there - also, up until recently she was doing a gimmick where she had a book of limericks to make fun of opponents, rather than the Irish jig thing.

I'd rather limericks than Riverdance.

Goddamn Bull needs a different set of ring gear and haircut.

Rewatching bits and pieces of the 2010 MitB PPV is an funny experience in some respects, opens with a ladder match where arguably Big Show and Kane are the most entertaining participants, the other is won by Miz at a point where he seems actually credible.
Meanwhile the main event is pretty much consistent with the modern day, Cena loses a cage match he should've won on multiple occasions due to excessive Nexus interference (boy it's like ER all over again), then he goes into angry Cena mode and starts hitting dudes with steel steps while doing his sinister shaking thing, are the steps his signature weapon?

Going back to that first ladder match, I think big men are an integral part of the multi man ladder match formula yet it seems there's always a fair bit of groaning when one makes the cut over another potential spot monkey candidate. You've got to have that one guy who's sheer arrival on the scene causes everyone to join forces temporarily and then the moments where the big man returns and just starts cleaning the ring. Be it Show, Kane, Henry or someone else I appreciate the role they play in these matches while also adding breathing room between the more typical ladder match spots that they wont be part of, well unless it's the everyone jumps into the wrestler pile spot of course.

It's kind of a shame that this year Swagger is the closest the contract ladder match will get to a big guy (I wonder how Rusev would fit into such a match) and the title match has a now unconvincing Kane still holding that position, then again Reigns, Wyatt and to a degree Cesaro can walk that line I guess...okay so Wyatt's a different kind of bigger guy, I wonder what he'll add to the match, could be interesting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rewatching bits and pieces of the 2010 MitB PPV is an funny experience in some respects, opens with a ladder match where arguably Big Show and Kane are the most entertaining participants, the other is won by Miz at a point where he seems actually credible.
Meanwhile the main event is pretty much consistent with the modern day, Cena loses a cage match he should've won on multiple occasions due to excessive Nexus interference (boy it's like ER all over again), then he goes into angry Cena mode and starts hitting dudes with steel steps while doing his sinister shaking thing, are the steps his signature weapon?

Going back to that first ladder match, I think big men are an integral part of the multi man ladder match formula yet it seems there's always a fair bit of groaning when one makes the cut over another potential spot monkey candidate. You've got to have that one guy who's sheer arrival on the scene causes everyone to join forces temporarily and then the moments where the big man returns and just starts cleaning the ring. Be it Show, Kane, Henry or someone else I appreciate the role they play in these matches while also adding breathing room between the more typical ladder match spots that they wont be part of, well unless it's the everyone jumps into the wrestler pile spot of course.

It's kind of a shame that this year Swagger is the closest the contract ladder match will get to a big guy (I wonder how Rusev would fit into such a match) and the title match has a now unconvincing Kane still holding that position, then again Reigns, Wyatt and to a degree Cesaro can walk that line I guess...okay so Wyatt's a different kind of bigger guy, I wonder what he'll add to the match, could be interesting.

Isn't it weird? I watched it for Review-A-Wai and it's just...so strange, so different.

0HAIIax.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kane at the very least can still hack it enough to be that guy in this upcoming match.

Meanwhile the other match is basically the best of the Super Juniors but instead of a tournament its just one huge ass match. I'm really excited.

Neville vs RVD was embarrassing. A huge reminder that RVD is donezo.

I watched it to see if RVD had anything left, and the answer was no.

In 1997-1999 He was a God to me. I had framed ECW magazine covers with him on it in my room. He was so good.

It really pains me to see him like this. I don't even understand what this return was about for him. Just to collect a paycheck.

I hope he saved a lot of money, because its over.

Hell always be one of my favs ever.

Rusev is going to have to start wearing shoes before he gets into a ladder match.
I just want to see him heavy spinning wheel kick into a ladder, and then it has Yukes ladder physics and goes soaring out of the ring conking someone outside.
Looks like this dream can only be realized in WWE2K15 which will of course continue the jank, then, now forever.

Isn't it weird? I watched it for Review-A-Wai and it's just...so strange, so different.
The SD ladder match still has plenty of people still in the WWE today minus the recently released Drew so it didn't immediately come across as that different to watching the current product.
Raw on the other hand, it was almost unusual seeing Bourne, DiBiase Jr, Morrison and even Edge participate since they haven't been active competitors in WWE for a while.
While the first ladder match didn't make the event seem like it was from four years ago this one certainly did, I kinda miss Morrison's stylistic spot monkeying.

https://i.imgur.com/0HAIIax.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Miz just casting off his dead weight title so he could ascend to main event status, a sentence that almost sounds like an elaborate hoax.
See if Barrett didn't go and get injured I'd be expecting him to go through a similar set of events this year.

[quote="Man God, post: 118495286"]Kane at the very least can still hack it enough to be that guy in this upcoming match.

Meanwhile the other match is basically the best of the Super Juniors but instead of a tournament its just one huge ass match. I'm really excited.[/QUOTE]
There was this one moment on Raw this week where Kane lobbed someone half heartedly into the barricade while the commentary tried to play up the "DEMON" and it was like watching the monster magic fade before my eyes, something about his mannerisms has been off this year like he's just gotten too old for this shit.
This may be his last ladder match hurrah, I wonder just how many he's been in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kane has been getting rid of dead weight like D-Bry and CM Punk all year. Who will the devil's favorite demon, the demon Kane go after next? John Cena? Bork Laser? Cesaro?

This week's Cheap Heat podcast picked Ziggler as the most deserving/likely recipient of the briefcase. My heart wants that to be true, I just don't see any way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder: Anyone who hasn't seen a bloody, passionate Mask vs Mask match should enjoy Atlantis vs Villano III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MLaeqHulE

Reasonably bloody, very emotional, very strong match and it's worth your time @ 30 minutes. There's no dull spots, the whole thing is constantly moving forwards. People crying in the crowd, emotions running high. Amazing match.

RP912

Banned
This week's Cheap Heat podcast picked Ziggler as the most deserving/likely recipient of the briefcase. My heart wants that to be true, I just don't see any way.

After bryan being on the shelf, shield breaking up, punk chewing bazooka at cubs games, and cesaro getting a lack of push...they better make this happen.

I saw Big Show vs Cena on the Network the network while waiting for NXT last night - was that Big Show's best ever match? I'm struggling to think of better.

Also, Sniper Elite III is real fun if you like shooting nazis in the face.

Vince McMahon said:
Reminder: Anyone who hasn't seen a bloody, passionate Mask vs Mask match should enjoy Atlantis vs Villano III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MLaeqHulE

Reasonably bloody, very emotional, very strong match and it's worth your time @ 30 minutes. There's no dull spots, the whole thing is constantly moving forwards. People crying in the crowd, emotions running high. Amazing match.

I haven't watched much classic lucha, I'll add it to the watch list.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

There's a lot of submission wrestling. Very good though, I really loved the match and it drew me in very quickly. Mask vs Mask is always a big deal and it was easily communicated.

Anybody else excited for MITB? I feel like it could be pretty fun.
Or really bad if Vince has his way.

I think every match on the card has potential to be good to great. Even the late adds in Big E-Rusev and Layla-Sunmer Rae. Rusev and Big E had a good short match last month and Summer can go in the ring. Layla isn't bad, but she's on the wrong side of her prime.

I saw Big Show vs Cena on the Network the network while waiting for NXT last night - was that Big Show's best ever match? I'm struggling to think of better.

Also, Sniper Elite III is real fun if you like shooting nazis in the face.

There were some good Big Show (with Jericho, with The Miz) tag matches. If we're talking Big Show singles matches, that'd probably rank. I still think of the match against Lesnar on SmackDown where they wrecked the ring with a superplex. There's the match against Lesnar and Angle on Vengeance 2003 too.

Well, in the face and the testicles.

That's a gap in my wrestling watching as well.

Top Bottom