• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Probably due to other wrestlers wanting a broken neck. You're dealing with one of the most unsafe moves performed by one of the most unsafe wrestlers, afterall.

I think that's why I like it so much, the fact that it's Scott Steiner doing it. He's 'legit crazy'. Plus piledrivers are awesome.

Sblargh

Banned
So I post new videos of promos or matches I like every day. I post 'fave five looks,' and get no sold. I post some underrated promos that I enjoy and get no sold. I try to talk about wrestlers who don't get discussed much on here, and I get no sold. The only time I don't get no sold is when I post a strong opinion. I let people post what they want to post and don't shit in them for it as their opinion because it's their opinion and they're entitled to it. I may mock it, but I don't tell them they're 'bringing this community down' or some melodramatic bullshit like that.

How about YOU fuck off. How about you contribute something worthwhile to this thread instead of fucking generic praise that goes nowhere? How bout you learn to fucking start an engaging conversation? How bout you don't tell people what they can or can not fucking post and how about we stop prescribing to this idea that people are fucking 'gimmick posters' because they don't have a posting style that goes with the wrestling gaf agenda?

Would you like to fucking hand out flyers about what we can and can not post?

Holy shit fuck waking up to that. So disrespectful. I'll argue all day with Ithil, but at least he treats my opinion as something other than a 'gimmick.'

There's a lot of places you can go where people don't tell you what you can or can not post. There's youtube comments, reddit, 4chan, gamefaqs, wwe.com comment sections and so on. Take a pick.
I'm not talking about opinions, I'm talking about not discussing opinions, about just saying people are idiots for enjoying something and that's the end.
You list everything you do while getting ignored and come tell me to learn to start an engaging conversation?
I was disrespectful, people here lose my respect when they clearly give none. That one long disrespectful post I did was what you people do to whoever likes the stuff you don't 10 times a day. I guess it's less nice when you're the target. At least I gave you the decency of trying to explain my point. I wish I was lucky enough to have that.

Browny

Banned
So WrestleGAF: what is your favorite signature/finishing maneuver, and which wrestler (alive or dead) performed it the best in your eyes?

Always enjoyed a good moonsault - especially a Muta or Vader one...

iBQsdGKL2m9dY.gif

How many aerial finishers are there in the E now? I can think of Neville, RVD, Fandango, Sin Cara (at a push)... I want more moonsaults!!

BountifulEveryAnt.gif

I can't find a Bam Bam moonsault that isn't against LT at WM...

Sblargh

Banned
I don't want to antagonize people, but I feel there is this missing link between this being basically a mod-free thread and a free pass to act however. There are people that are feeling down in this community and they are feeling down because of a type of tired attitude that gets repeated every day all day long. We may not want to call it bringing the community down, but it is bringing the community down, at least is bringing me down on it; but hey, I'm the noob here, maybe Sunny is right and I just don't get the joke.

I can totally show myself out if there is an outright refusal to not do this thread's version of a console warz. Except every console is awful.
which is true

Gonzalez

Banned
I just realized what Seth Rollins tights are actually supposed to be based on. They're HHH's old Connecticut blue blood gear. They even have a slip of silver where the white stockings would peak out of the boots, and of course the leather belt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like how Sunny doesn't mention me. Just like the real Vince, he doesn't want to compromise that sweet merch money I bring to the table.
I know you enough to know you can arise Above Defamation of Character and don't need me in your corner to be Stronger Every Day. I Can't Stop You.

Hasney

Guys, I'm starting to look forward to WWE 2K15, I think I've missed a step on the annual cycle. Please help and intervene.

Don't worry, they'll release details and gameplay footage sooner rather than later and that may intervene for you.
I'm in the same place and haven't bought one since WWE '12. Damn Visual Concepts!

Hasney

The fact that they haven't shown any in-game footage yet is why you shouldn't be hyped.

I'm expecting it to be buggy as all hell and the worst CAW yet for the next gen versions, unless they just slap the old parts and moves in. The fact that motion capturing is happening now shows how rushed it is and makes the rumour that 2k asked for a delay until Wrestlemania seem more like a fact.

But I dunno, if they get the basic gameplay engine right, I may enjoy it regardless.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm expecting it to be buggy as all hell and the worst CAW yet for the next gen versions, unless they just slap the old parts and moves in. The fact that motion capturing is happening now shows how rushed it is and makes the rumour that 2k asked for a delay until Wrestlemania seem more like a fact.

But I dunno, if they get the basic gameplay engine right, I may enjoy it regardless.

Once again, they're doing motion capturing closer to release date so the game can actually be more up-to-date for once. So that Cesaro actually comes out with Heyman, instead of Jack Swagger and Zeb.

That's why they're doing motion capturing now, it has nothing to do with rushing, but with delivering a proper product. Critisism and skepticism is fine, but lets not go overboard.

He is, but Bull Dempsey looks to be the same kind of character. Hell, at one point he said "I am the Last of a Dying Breed" and halfway through that i thought he'd just take it wholesale

Silas Young has a better look though. Though i wish he'd bulk up more or something

So, he stole that part of Eddie Kingston's gimmick?

Oh, they're friends, and Kingston agreed to it. Huh.

So WrestleGAF: what is your favorite signature/finishing maneuver, and which wrestler (alive or dead) performed it the best in your eyes? The reason I'm asking this now is because I just thought of it, and ForeignGAF is up and wide awake to be able to give answers immediately for once. :p

I'll post my own when I wake up in the morning.

Kobashi's chops.

Alucard

Banned
This kind of complaint is never about who is a real wrestling fan; I totally believe people who shitpost here have already watched more of the stuff than I ever will. It doesn't change the fact that all you do is lazy trolling repeated every day. It's also lazy trolling to try to make the straw man that I am being elitist when I am only following wrestling for a few months. It's not about supporting any promotion or wrestling or era. It's about not being an asshole most of the time.

Right on, brother. As wrestling fans, we are often our own worst enemies. This and most other wrestling threads online is like being at a show. One person starts a clever chant, and a few more people join in and then repeat that chant in other matches as well.

Positive post of the day: I'm really enjoying Ring of Honor this year.

The fact that they haven't shown any in-game footage yet is why you shouldn't be hyped.
I don't get hyped, I stay hyped.

I hope Bull Dempsey does not pollute my screen weekly. I don't think I can come to like him ironically. Tyler Breeze is awful on the mic. Made Alex Riley look good on commentary.....

Marginalized in my field yet again and this time not even by my employer~ Presentation at a big expo was rejected, guess my years of experience in the field aren't as worthy as a junior engineer's single month of research that will result in a glorified sales pitch.

Close to cutting a pipe bomb promo in the office today....if I weren't sidelined with strep throat as well.

Wrasslegaf someone get me a PS4, I need to feel A moment of triumph this week like that hospital couple.

EDIT-also looking forward to part 2 of talk is jericho....even if it promises to have Egypt in it, aughhhhhhhhhh.

strobogo

Banned
WWE already blocked your video, I assume it was this one?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn4qUxFj-Y

I remember the first WWE DVD I bought was Backlash '02, they dubbed this over Taker's entrance, but they fucked it up and the rest of the DVD had the audio off by a second.

Lol, there is a god damn electric sitar in that. For the Undertaker.

Steiner Screwdriver.

I never felt like I saw it enough, maybe 5 times ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVQBy6zQgtc

He did it fairly regularly in squash matches on 1993/1994 Raw. But they looked pretty safe. Well, as safe as that move can be.

Sblargh, this is just a bad time in wrasslin and when things pick up, the positivity in the thread picks up. We went from a great build up to WM and everything was fun in here. Then everything went to shit after WM and it shows in the posting. The NJPW guys will be in a good mood pretty soon with the G1. WWE fans should be in a good mood depending on how good MITB is and when Bork comes back. Indie fans have BOLA coming up. So there should be some more positivity in the thread coming in the next month or two.

The gimmick posters are what they are. I'm sure there are gimmick posters in every community thread. Someone needs to tell them they don't have to hit the gimmick so god damn hard with every post, though. Things will pick up soon. MMA-GAF is currently in the same funk, except I think they all enjoy taking their frustrations out on Dana/UFC. UFC is really the only show in town for them and they've been terrible for at least a couple of years and showing no signs of getting better. WWE at least currently has a base for a better future. UFC is doing shows headlined by two guys with losing records/streaks and filling undercards with guys who don't even have wikis.

Network positivity will perk up when they dump some more old school stuff (which should be soon, with SNME and TNT) and Nitros starting up.

¡HarlequinPanic!;118480310 said:
Marginalized in my field yet again and this time not even by my employer~ Presentation at a big expo was rejected, guess my years of experience in the field aren't as worthy as a junior engineer's single month of research that will result in a glorified sales pitch.

Close to cutting a pipe bomb promo in the office today....if I weren't sidelined with strep throat as well.

Wrasslegaf someone get me a PS4, I need to feel A moment of triumph this week like that hospital couple.

EDIT-also looking forward to part 2 of talk is jericho....even if it promises to have Egypt in it, aughhhhhhhhhh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDw1nECBqN8

Zach

Guys, I'm starting to look forward to WWE 2K15, I think I've missed a step on the annual cycle. Please help and intervene.

I'm very much looking forward to its debut on the PS4. I know if I get it it'll only take, like, 24 hours to be like "why did I buy this trash?" but I can't help it. Has there even been any screenshots, etc. released?

RP912

Banned
So WrestleGAF: what is your favorite signature/finishing maneuver, and which wrestler (alive or dead) performed it the best in your eyes? The reason I'm asking this now is because I just thought of it, and ForeignGAF is up and wide awake to be able to give answers immediately for once. :p

I'll post my own when I wake up in the morning.

I'm going with austin aries brainbuster/whatever the hell his finisher is combination.

tonight Shine 20

SHINE Championship Match
Ivelisse defends vs. Serena Deeb w/ April Hunter

SHINE Tag Team Championship
The Lucha Sisters (Leva & Mia Yim) defend vs. Four Corner Survival Winners

Last Woman Standing
Jessicka Havok vs. Allysin Kay

Nevaeh vs. Candice LeRae

Taylor Made w/ April Hunter vs. La Rosa Negra w/ Noemi "La Rebelde" Bosques

Leah Von Dutch vs. Amber O'Neal

Su Yung w/ April Hunter vs. Justine Silver

Four Corner Survival - SHINE Tag Team Championship #1 Contender's Match
The S-N-S Express (Sassy Stephie & Jessie Belle Smothers) vs. The Kimber Bombs (Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb) vs. Legendary (Malia Hosaka & Brandi Wine) vs. The Buddy System (Heidi Lovelace & Solo Darling) w/ Daffney

Havoc vs sky should be good . Plus Serena !

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The woman is an android (really a cyborg) and her number is 18. Android #18.

Oh, so it's a play on the "It's a 1000 year old demon/it's a 6 month old android!"

Good looking out Aiii. Perverts!

Gonzalez

Banned
Whoever is involved with recording, and editing Jericho's podcast really fucked up the last 15 minutes of Heyman's interview. Really bush league stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever is involved with recording, and editing Jericho's podcast really fucked up the last 15 minutes of Heyman's interview. Really bush league stuff.

People been saying the show was amazing, and Heyman was amazing, but...

Is Jericho tolerable? I can't stand him.

People been saying the show was amazing, and Heyman was amazing, but...

Is Jericho tolerable? I can't stand him.

Still listening to the podcast but Jericho is fine, he's usually pretty decent at staying out of the way of his guests but you do have to sit through his usual lengthy introduction full of singing and Egypt >[

Heyman's interview here is a lot meatier than his one on Stone Cold's. No hashtags to make fun of this time I guess :U

Top Bottom