• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

I'm excited for Cena in the Bank.

CenaSalute.jiff

I think every match on the card has potential to be good to great. Even the late adds in Big E-Rusev and Layla-Sunmer Rae. Rusev and Big E had a good short match last month and Summer can go in the ring. Layla isn't bad, but she's on the wrong side of her prime.

I have absolutely no faith in Big E vs Rusev, but Layla vs Summer could be good from a storyline POV.

Hey, now we're talking - some matches for EVOLVE in August;

8/8 - Matt Sydal vs Johnny Gargano, Trent Baretta vs Drew Galloway (McIntyre)
8/9 - Ricochet vs Matt Sydal, non-title

Interested to see how Drew does on the indies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, now we're talking - some matches for EVOLVE in August;

8/8 - Matt Sydal vs Johnny Gargano, Trent Baretta vs Drew Galloway (McIntyre)
8/9 - Ricochet vs Matt Sydal, non-title

Interested to see how Drew does on the indies.

Ricochet vs Sydal? fuuuuuuck

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, that had to be AR Fox. I must have seen him take that DVD off the top-rope onto the apron spot a half-dozen times now - I swear, Fox is on a mission to cripple himself.

serenewarfare said:
Have Ricochet and ACH ever had a match together? I feel like that would be an A+ flippy spectacle.

Yeah, they wrestled at the most recent PWG event;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6TxJ8rygdc

Kane has been getting rid of dead weight like D-Bry and CM Punk all year. Who will the devil's favorite demon, the demon Kane go after next? John Cena? Bork Laser? Cesaro?
I think Cesaro's time is up this sunday, he's gonna try and do his launching uppercut deal to Kane as Big Red falls off a ladder only to just get crushed under his heavyweight power.

Yeah, but two women's matches on a WWE PPV! When's the last time that happened?
Funnily enough the MitB 2010 PPV I was on about earlier did have two diva matches on it which made me double take, of course this was back in the days of two women's titles.

¡HarlequinPanic!;118499183 said:
I liked the big shoe/henry fued and the matches it produced come at me

Some of Show's better work If I recall, they took something that was expected to be disastrous and it turned out surprisingly solid. Not a fan however of how quickly that feud had Henry revert back to being a bog standard heel and effectively killed his Hall of Pain run.
Actually Show has had some other decent upper card PPV matches in recent years with Sheamus and ADR as well, I guess he gets motivated every now and then if a belt is involved.

Wow...perhaps TNA selling out Korakuen Hall at Bound for Glory will be harder than anticipated;

"WRESTLE-1 ran Korakuen Hall today and drew a claimed 750 fans. That's All Japan bad."

I think Cesaro's time is up this sunday, he's gonna try and do his launching uppercut deal to Kane as Big Red falls off a ladder only to just get crushed under his heavyweight power.

Funnily enough the MitB 2010 PPV I was on about earlier did have two diva matches on it which made me double take, of course this was back in the days of two women's titles.

Some of Show's better work If I recall, they took something that was expected to be disastrous and it turned out surprisingly solid. Not a fan however of how quickly that feud had Henry revert back to being a bog standard heel and effectively killed his Hall of Pain run.
Actually Show has had some other decent upper card PPV matches in recent years with Sheamus and ADR as well, I guess he gets motivated every now and then if a belt is involved.

The Sheamus street fight where heel Showster won clean by hitting a him with a giant steel chair was amazing.

Racist Showster and ADR feud was also quite enjoyable.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, that had to be AR Fox. I must have seen him take that DVD off the top-rope onto the apron spot a half-dozen times now - I swear, Fox is on a mission to cripple himself.

Dood is well on his way that is for sure.

Wow...perhaps TNA selling out Korakuen Hall at Bound for Glory will be harder than anticipated;

"WRESTLE-1 ran Korakuen Hall today and drew a claimed 750 fans. That's All Japan bad."

lol TNA trying to run a show there is going to be such a disaster. I don't understand what the hell management is thinking.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There was this one moment on Raw this week where Kane lobbed someone half heartedly into the barricade while the commentary tried to play up the "DEMON" and it was like watching the monster magic fade before my eyes, something about his mannerisms has been off this year like he's just gotten too old for this shit.
This may be his last ladder match hurrah, I wonder just how many he's been in.
Kane loves working with Bryan. He went from having about as good of a gimmick match he could have with Bryan in this day and age to being Cena's jobber of the week. At this point, Kane must be looking around like, "I'm 47, have a six pack, and I don't know who any of the guys in this match are. What am I doing here?"

EDIT: Whoops, I should be clear. I'm talking about the DEMON Kane here, not just regular Kane.

As long as he doesn't sign for EVOLVE, then he can work wherever.

Never seen PWG before. Two observations:

1. That show looks really great.

2. Holy shit did that Brian Cage guy just do a 619?

Yeah, Brian Cage's deal is being a big dude who does shit a dude that big probably shouldn't do. He's pretty crazy. If you're fine with the 'indyriffic' style, I'd definitely recommend PWG - they've been the best promotion on the indies for quite a few years now.

The Sheamus street fight where heel Showster won clean by hitting a him with a giant steel chair was amazing.

Racist Showster and ADR feud was also quite enjoyable.
The strangest thing about this is Big Show was the one guy who made something ADR related actually entertaining to me, I would never have predicted such things.
As the man himself said "how is this even possible?!"

We need more giant chairs in our wrasslin, in this era of back strikes and gut pokes it's the one steel chair attack that is still legitimate and a match ender.

Kane loves working with Bryan. He went from having about as good of a gimmick match he could have with Bryan in this day and age to being Cena's jobber of the week. At this point, Kane must be looking around like, "I'm 47, have a six pack, and I don't know who any of the guys in this match are. What am I doing here?"

EDIT: Whoops, I should be clear. I'm talking about the DEMON Kane here, not just regular Kane.

I like to imagine the ER match would have gone down a lot better with some if the build up wasn't so rushed and lacklustre, iffy pacing from backstage ambling aside it was pretty competent for a brawl in this era.
Still kinda gutted that the Knee into chokeslam spot was slightly botched in that match.

After bryan being on the shelf, shield breaking up, punk chewing bazooka at cubs games, and cesaro getting a lack of push...they better make this happen.

Ziggler cashing in the briefcase against del Rio is probably my favorite moment in the two years I've been watching WWE. I would be fully in favor of him getting a chance to do it all over again.

OK, sorry to bother everyone about this again:

If I let one of my U.S. friends sign me up for WWE Network (I give him my C.C details and all), I should be able to simply access WWE Network on my PS3, right?

Alternatively, I could change my DNS on my PC to one of the U.S.A, but are there any DNS settings that you guys know of? Most that I've tried don't work.

RP912

Banned
Ziggler cashing in the briefcase against del Rio is probably my favorite moment in the two years I've been watching WWE. I would be fully in favor of him getting a chance to do it all over again.

Dude I work up my son when I saw ziggler cashing in that night. One of my favorite raw moments.

BHZ Mayor

I just watched the ending of the King Booker/Mysterio WHC title match, and I had a thought. Looking back at its holders, it seemed like a way to give a main title to people who otherwise would never have one. Smaller guys, almost-but-not-quite main eventers, IWC favorites, minorities, Kane. Does that sound accurate?

somedevil

"CENA IS WORSE THAN HOGAN!"
"Cena buries more talent!"
"Same old shit WWE!"

And still watches the next night for Raw.

This can go to any show these days. One premieres today for its new season and people are ready to watch after a lot buried the last season.

I bet people here will bitch when Cena wins this Sunday when everyone knows that Brock is coming for him.

Gorillaz

Idk about yall but I think Cena in the bank this sunday will still be fun just for the fuckery of the matches. Regardless of the outcome.

somedevil

Idk about yall but I think Cena in the bank this sunday will still be fun just for the fuckery of the matches. Regardless of the outcome.

I bet he doesn't take the usual huge bump at all in the match. He never does now these days. Del Rio probably will or Sheamus. I bet Rollins is thinking of the many ways he can try to give himself multiple concussions.

Plus youtube video of Dixie going through a table:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcA0OVWL6g#t=55

Aries and Joe recording it with there phones. Still wondering how they are going to show this on tv.

RP912

Banned
The only way cena will overcome that lukewarm reception of him winning at mitb...is if he does one of his wacky antics to take the minds off of the bullshit ending like doing an aa with the ladder while somebodies holding it or throw steps at a ladder while somebodies climbing it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

If I let one of my U.S. friends sign me up for WWE Network (I give him my C.C details and all), I should be able to simply access WWE Network on my PS3, right?

Alternatively, I could change my DNS on my PC to one of the U.S.A, but are there any DNS settings that you guys know of? Most that I've tried don't work.

I wish I could help you but I can't. You may want to try the Network OT over in OT Community.

DMczaf

Summerslam is going to be such a cruel game of Roulette. All I want is a Brock title match win, and I would reup my contract. But my contract ends before the PPV, so I have to throw my money at the hands of fate (or Vince in this case) hoping that the right thing happens.

I am going to be pretty depressed if I reup for another 6 months, and then a week later I see Cena win clean vs Brock.

Aiii

So not worth it

Unblock-us.com

tm24

So WrestleGAF: what is your favorite signature/finishing maneuver, and which wrestler (alive or dead) performed it the best in your eyes? The reason I'm asking this now is because I just thought of it, and ForeignGAF is up and wide awake to be able to give answers immediately for once. :p

I'll post my own when I wake up in the morning.

Art Barr and the frog splash. Such a thing of beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Xj1RVxxpo

Reminder: Anyone who hasn't seen a bloody, passionate Mask vs Mask match should enjoy Atlantis vs Villano III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MLaeqHulE

Reasonably bloody, very emotional, very strong match and it's worth your time @ 30 minutes. There's no dull spots, the whole thing is constantly moving forwards. People crying in the crowd, emotions running high. Amazing match.

This is very much an amazing match. Atlantis brings it hard during this match. Hope the Atlantis vs UG match is amazing

I haven't watched much classic lucha, I'll add it to the watch list.

The list is right here!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41550700&postcount=101

BHZ Mayor

Does any have on hand the distorted version of this gif?

john-cena-shocked.gif

Alucard

Banned
Guys, what if the Cena/Lesnar match isn't for the title? What if the WWE is setting us up for a massive swerve tomorrow night? What if...Cesaro wins?

Heel

"CENA IS WORSE THAN HOGAN!"
"Cena buries more talent!"
"Same old shit WWE!"

And still watches the next night for Raw.

Even though I completely disagree with the steady and continued disparagement of a wrestler I enjoy, John Cena, you will never catch me constructing a multi-paragraph diatribe "shooting" on my fellow WrassleGAF members telling them to "say something new or fuck off." I respect their opinions, even if they differ from my own. That's the beauty of pro wrestling, I say.

tm24

bro, are you gonna be going to BOLA?

Unfortunately no. It's the weekend of labor day and there's no way I'll be able to get 3 days off from work. My work already shot down vacation requests from other departments so there's no point in trying. I got lucky 2 years ago and got rewarded with that weekend off, but 3 days is probably a no-go

Alucard

Banned
Even though I completely disagree with the steady and continued disparagement of a wrestler I enjoy, John Cena, you will never catch me constructing a multi-paragraph diatribe "shooting" on my fellow WrassleGAF members telling them to "say something new or fuck off." I respect their opinions, even if they differ from my own. That's the beauty of pro wrestling, I say.

Nothing wrong with opinions, but repeating the same opinions, especially the negative ones, gets annoying for readers of this thread. Tongue-in-cheek "in character" posts are also fun for a while but can run their course like anything else.

DMczaf

Guys, let's watch New Generation Raws every Monday night together. By this fall, we will be watching Real Ass Stone Cold.

Top Bottom